Park Chaeyoung | Bestfriend?

Truth Be Told

 

 

 

Right now, I wish I could be straight as my damn hair. 

 

 

How could I be smooth like that with Jisoo? And why am I still staring at her like this? I'm such an idiot! 

 

 

"Yah, Kim Jisoo are you already falling for me? I just flirted with you a little, !"

 

 

Good thing I'm a natural actress. That was ing close.

 

 

"Aish jinjja!"

 

 

"What? Did you think I was serious?"

 

 

Damn right I am.

 

 

​​​​​​These laughters made my lie more convincing. Should I be thankful for my natural talent? 

 

 

"You idiot! I got nervous for a second!" 

 

 

Why Jisoo? Is being in love with you such a bother? 

 

 

I chugged down the beer out of desperation. It feels like my mouth thirsts for something more bitter than my soul. 

 

 

"Woah slow down there, Chae. Are you that stressed?"

 

 

Damn right I am, Kim Jisoo.

 

 

"Yes. Yes I am." I said proudly. 

 

 

"Well, let's drink to that!" Jisoo said as she gestured for a toast.

 

 

"Cheers!" We said in unison as the echoes of our bottles clank and the aroma of chicken made the moment nostalgic... along with the bright Kim Jisoo who loves chicken more than anything else in the world.

 

 

Can I just be a chicken? 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"Chae! Chae! Chaengie!"

 

 

"Shh! You're too loud! It's already past midnight!" I whispered loudly. Aish jinjja. Drunk Jisoo means drunk Chichu.

 

 

"Why are you shouting at me Chaengie?" She said, already sobbing like a little kid with her fists wiping her tears. She suddenly sat on the bench, crying.

 

 

"I'm sorry I'm such a bother to you. You can just leave me here. I'm sorry. Im so-..." 

 

 

"Hey... I'm not mad. You're not a bother to me. I'm sorry I shouted at you. Come here." I sat beside her and I leaned her head in my shoulder.

 

 

I love how it fits perfectly in mine. 

 

 

Jisoo-ya, can our hearts fit perfectly too? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Chaengie? Why are you crying?"

 

 

The next thing I knew, Jisoo was wiping my tears already while my arms still wrapped around her.

 

 

W-Why am I in tears? 

 

 

Am I unaware of my own pain? 

 

 

"J-Jisoo, I... I'm-..."

 

 

Just say it Park Chaeyoung. 

 

 

"What is it?" Jisoo asked gently as she cupped my face, still wiping off some tears down my cheeks. 

 

 

No, don't. Don't ruin your friendship like this. She's drunk. 

 

 

"I just..." 

 

 

Exactly. She's drunk. She won't even remember it the next day. Take a chance 'bestfriend'. 

 

 

"It's just that..."

 

 

 

 

"...you're so adorkably cute like this, Chu!" I said back as I pinched her cheeks. 

 

 

"Ouch! Stop it Chae!" 

 

 

Coward. 

 

 

"I won't!" 

 

 

"No!" 

 

 

You are a coward, Park Chaeyoung.

 

 

 

 

"Sing me a song!" Jisoo demanded while I was giving her a piggyback ride.

 

 

"Aish! You're heavy enough! Now you want me to sing?"

 

 

"But... I love your voice." She muttered and it actually sends butterflies to my stomach.

 

 

"Fine." 

 

 

"Yey!" Jisoo cheered which makes it difficult to maintain my balance, so I adjusted her a little before singing.

 

 

~"Loser oetori sen cheokhaneun geopjaengi, motdo-..."

(Loser, loner, a coward who pretends to be tough) 

 

 

"Aish! Why that?!" Jisoo cut me off complaining about my choice of song. Well, it's the perfect song for me. I scoffed bitterly at myself. 

 

 

"Well, what do you want?" 

 

 

“Please sing the song you always sing with Doyoung while teaching him to play the ukelele."

 

 

I suddenly felt at ease. Jisoo needed comfort, she needed me by her side. Maybe I was sulking over nothing, maybe I forgot the most important thing for me; this girl's happiness. It's more than enough. 

 

 

 

 

~" Wise men say... only fools rush in..."

 

 

"...but I can't help..."

 

 

"...falling in love... with you."~

 

 

I sang slowly like I meant every word... and I did, every single one. 

 

 

Youngie, you're helping this coward onni of yours aren't you? My lips tugged a sincere smile, and it replaced all the make-believe laughters I had earlier. 

 

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

 

"I want that surgery as soon as possible." Demanded Jennie Kim. 

​​​​

 

"What?" Can this girl get more unpredictable than this? 

 

 

"You heard me Dr. Park." 

 

 

"But you're still under observation. You might not be needing that surgery." 

 

 

"Or I might." 

 

 

"Your condition might get worse if that surgery turned out to be unnecessary." I warned.

 

 

"It won't if it's successful. The only risky part is the operation itself. I will lose a huge percentage of blood if the artery was not opened properly at the given pace; meaning, I might die. Am I right, Dr. Park?"

 

 

I looked at her in slight awe. So it's true that the heiress was a genuis herself? 

 

 

“You're right." I said firmly. I didn't want her to notice that I was surprised. 

 

 

"I have you and Dr. Kim Jisoo to perform the operation. I got nothing to worry about." She stated confidently. 

 

 

"That will not be always a reassurance for-..." I tried to protest again but she cut me off.

 

 

"But... you've already touched me Dr. Park." Jennie said with furrowed brows and worried look while hiding her chest with her arms. 

 

 

"W-What-..."

 

 

"You've touched me all over, deeply, inside... when I was so weak and-..." 

​​

 

"Y-Yah! What the hell are you talking about?!" I heard giggles from some nurses that checked her room. I gave them a look but they already went out. 

 

 

Aish jinjja. Is this girl for real?! 

 

 

It was too late when I realized that I raised my voice at Jennie Kim. Crap, I'm screwed!

 

 

​​​​​"I-I'm sorry-..." Before I could continue, Jennie can't help but laugh hysterically at me. I've never heard her laugh, or never have I seen this gummy smile of hers. 

 

 

"It's so fun teasing you Roseanne Park!" She commented and continued laughing.

 

 

I just stared at her, a little amused by the sight. Until her laughter has come to a halt, I decided to return to our discussion earlier.

 

 

"Going back-..."

 

 

"Call Dr. Kim right now and tell her to come here." She demanded again.

 

 

Aish she's not listening. 

 

 

"Dr. Kim is on the Pediatrics Department now." 

 

 

"What? What is she doing there?"

 

 

"She's taking a break from the Surgical-..."

 

 

"Call her here right now." 

 

 

No! 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dr. Kim, Ms. Jennie Kim is asking for you. Right now." I end the call, leaving Jisoo confused on the other line.

 

 

"You don't have to talk so formally at her in front of me." Jennie said with a hint of annoyance. 

 

 

"You could've just said... 'Jisoo-yaaaa come here please. Come to me.'" She said with aegyo at first and so seductively at the end part. What the hell is she doing? Should I be concerned of this girl's mental health as well?

 

 

"W-What? I don't talk to her like that." I said and I can't keep myself from being flustered with her act. 

 

 

"Oh please. You don't talk like that to your girl?"

 

 

"What? S-She's not my girl." Now I'm flustered, I can feel my warm cheeks.

 

 

"Oh." Jennie replied with a surprised look. 

 

 

Do people think Jisoo and I are dating? 

 

 

"So Kim Jisoo is single then?" She asked all of a sudden. I somehow got bothered that she didn't address her with 'Dr.'

​​​

 

"Y-Yes."

 

 

"Oh. Really?"

 

 

What's with that mischievous look, Jennie Kim? 

 

 

 

 

We heard few knocks from the door and both of us knew who it was.

 

 

"Speaking of the angel." Jennie commented which made me raise my eyebrows.

 

 

"What's up?" Jisoo said so casually. Seriously... with that personality, anyone could easily fall for you.

 

 

"Dr. Kim, I want to have the surgery as soon as possible. What do you think about it?" Jennie asked with a much different approach compared from the way she demanded it to me.

 

 

"Hmm..." Jisoo muttered while in deep thought. 

 

 

"It is acceptable for preventive measures but the operation is too risky for you Ms. Kim. I suggest that we wait for the designated time so we could confirm the need for it."

 

 

"But... I have you to operate on me right?" Jennie said with a sweet smile, but for me it's devilish. What are you planning Jennie Kim? ​​​​​​

 

 

"I'm sorry Ms. Kim but I'm currently not in the condition to take any operations. It's just-..."

 

 

"It's okay, we can talk about it another time but please consider. For me... please?" Jennie pleaded while she reached and caressed Jisoo's arm.

 

 

Aish... what do you think you're doing? I know very well when someone is flirting with Jisoo. I rolled my eyes at the sight. How bold of you, Jennie Kim. 

 

 

​​​​​​​​​​​​"I will." Jisoo answered with a giggle. What, you're flirting back Kim Jisoo? What a player. Idiot. Kim Idiot. 

 

 

"Is that all? I'm sorry, I have patients waiting for me." 

 

 

"Yeah, it's fine. You may go. Thank you, Dr. Kim." 

 

 

"Rest well, Ms. Kim." Jisoo bowed and headed towards the door. I was about to say I'll go ahead too but Jennie interrupted. 

 

 

"One more thing."

 

 

"Yes?"

 

 

"Please just call me Jen." 

 

 

Jisoo smiled at the request before answering.

 

 

Please say no. It's a trap, Jisoo. Don't say ye-... 

 

 

"Sure thing, Jen. Then you can call me Jisoo." 

 

 

"That's too long. How about I call you Chu?"

 

 

Too long? That's just two syllables! 

 

 

"Sure!" Jisoo answered, chuckling this time. That giggle of hers that I don't want anyone to hear because I know they'll surely fall.

 

 

What are you doing, Jennie? 

 

 

"Bye, Chu!"

 

 

"Bye, Jen!"

 

 

They waved at each other and it's my cue to go as well. I followed suit with Jisoo but bowed first at Jennie. I didn't say anything nor even look at her directly in the eye and just continued heading towards the door. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Dr. Park... Where do you think you're going?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great.