Kim Jisoo | Bestfriend

Truth Be Told

 

 

"It's Chu... Lili." I said to her  with a smile. I somehow want her to be comfortable with me. She's like a shy little kid and to be honest, it reminds me of my little brother. Doyoung used to be like that. He's shy at first but is actually playful. 

 

 

Her shyness showed through that mask and it's quite adorable. The way she adjusted it made it more obvious. 

 

 

"Here. I know you'd love it." I handed a chocolate milk drink to her like before. I didn't ask her anymore because I know she'll just say 'no' even if she wants to.

 

 

"T-Thanks."

 

 

I sported a smile, brushing away my thoughts of Doyoung. I still miss him but I'm trying to forget that he's gone.

 

 

"Should I be expecting you to come every week?" I asked while filling some notes on her record. Weirdly enough, I want her to say 'yes' but I don't know why exactly.

 

 

"Can I do that?" She asked somehow incoherently and saw her drinking the chocolate milk already. Just look at this baby. I smiled at her amusely before answering.

 

 

"Of course. Why not?"

 

 

"Onni said you're a pedia, so I'm not allowed to be your patient." She said so innocently. I noticed her tone change a little from the deep, shy voice to this 5-year old with a strict onni. Does chocolate milk transform her or something?

 

 

​​​​​​I giggled lightly. "It's okay, it's just a specialty. I can be your doctor." 

 

 

Lisa smiled with the straw still in and her eyes were full of glee as well. This. This seemed familiar. The way her lips tugged tightly in a cute smile, the way her eyes squints on the sides which forms little crinkles. W-Why does she smile like my Doyoungie? ​​​​​​

 

 

I unconsciously lifted my hand. I wanted to touch her face and caress it. I wanted to say 'I miss you so much' and 'I'm sorry onni wasn't there for you when you needed her the most' 

 

 

Luckily, I controlled myself and put my hand down. I slightly cleared my throat when tears were threatening to escape. 

 

 

"So, would I be expecting you?" I asked again and she just nodded her head vigorously like a child was allowed to play.

 

 

Somehow I was relieved but again, I don't know why. 

 

 

 

 

Our heads jolted towards the door when light knocks were heard from it. It opened and Vivian popped her head first then entered the room.

 

 

"Onni! Dr. Kim said yes!" Lisa said in excitement. 

 

 

"Said yes to what? Hand in marriage?" Vivian scoffed, teasing Lisa and the latter blushed. She doesn't have her mask to hide it this time. I laughed with Vivian and Lisa looked frozen on her seat.

 

 

"A-Ani! Aish! Onni!" It was just all Lisa's retort.

 

 

"Thank you, Dr. Kim. I know Lisa's in good hands." Said Vivian.

 

 

"My pleasure. I still haven't got the ring though." I flashed my left hand pointing at my ring finger. Lisa blushed a little more tint of red and we laughed at her again.

 

 

"Aish jinjja!“

 

 

"We should get going now. Thank you Dr. Kim."

 

 

"I'll see you guys in a week then?" I asked as we stood up from our seats. 

 

 

"Yes." 

 

 

"I'll keep in touch." I said to the both of them, not really sure who I'm going to contact. 

 

 

"Bye Lili!" I waved as they near towards the door.

 

 

"Bye Chu!-" Lisa said back which caught her off guard. She unconsciously covered and her eyes widened. I'm guessing that she was shocked with her own actions but I'm glad she's a bit comfortable now.

 

 

Lisa hurriedly pulled Vivian out in embarrassment. I chuckled at the sight. She's too cute, isn't she?

 

 

 

~ ~ ~

 

 

 

"Chae!" Aish she's busy again with those records. 

 

 

"Chaeyoung-ah!" I called her again as I embraced her on the side. 

 

 

"Omo... You startled me!" 

 

 

"Could you stop being so busy and have some time for your best friend?" I whined. 

​​

 

"I would if I could." She said blankly and stared at the records again. 

 

 

"Okay. I guess you don't love me anymore." I said weakly as an act, obviously but she would always fall for it. I was looking down and I slowly turned away until she grabbed my wrist. I hid my smirk. Gotcha Chaengie. ​​​​​​

 

 

"Fine. Give me at least 15 minutes." She said and ran off towards the information desk to hand over the records and she ran off again.

 

 

Visiting the Surgeon Department and ER every now and then because of Chaeyoung makes me think of coming back. I'll admit that I miss doing what I do best but... there's this huge black hole that's pulling me away, tearing me apart to be exact.

 

 

I'm afraid that I'm not particularly good at what I do 'best'. There are so much more in to it that I can't understand myself. I just hope I can get it all together soon.

 

 

"Heya!" Chaeyoung put her arms around mine, pulling me out from my thoughts.

 

 

"That was fast." I said, looking at my watch. 

 

 

"Really? It was 20 minutes though."

 

 

She was right. I realized that I was in deep thought for that long. 

 

 

"Are you okay, Chu?"

 

 

I shot a glance at her which made her a little startled. 

 

 

"Why?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion. 

 

 

"N-Nothing. I just remembered something." Someone. I remembered someone calling me that nickname. I was surprised too. Why? Was it because of Doyoung?

 

 

"What is it?"

 

 

"Nothing important. Where are you taking me?" I asked, changing the subject.

 

 

"Yah, why am I deciding?"

 

 

"Okay, I want chicken." 

 

 

"Again?!"

 

 

"Yah, why are you complaining?"

 

 

"Soon we'll grow out wings at our backs."

 

 

"Maybe that's a good thing." 

 

 

"Aish what are weirdo." 

 

 

"Why thank you, Park Chaeyoung." 

 

 

We were all giggly as we reached our favorite chicken restaurant. I mean MY favorite chicken restaurant.

 

 

"I'm so hungry." I commented while looking at the menu.

 

 

"You're always hungry when you see chicken." 

 

 

"Makes sense." I said. Chaeyoung grunted and I saw her rolled her eyes as she scan the menu. I chuckled at my best friend. She always complain going here but she still comes with me.

 

 

"I'll have the 6 pieces chicken please, with soda." I told the waiter.

 

 

"Chicken salad with cucumber lime juice." 

 

 

"Okay then. Just a sec." The waiter said and he went back to give the orders. 

 

 

"How could you order a salad in a chicken restaurant?" I looked at her with a disgusted face.

 

 

"Why not?"

 

 

"You have shamed the tasty body of chickens." 

 

 

"Aish here we go aga-..."

 

 

"Chickens are meant to be eaten with its fatty oils and skin using your fingers to-..."

 

 

"Alright, alright! I'll order some!"

 

 

"Ajusshi!" Chaeyoung called the waiter again and ordered the same as mine.

 

 

"You happy now?"

 

 

"Very delighted." I grinned at her and she couldn't help but smile too. The ever sweet Chaengie. I wish she could find someone deserving all of her sweetness.

 

 

 

 

Our supposed to be 'snack' turned out to be a mukbang and drinking session. It started when I craved for beer since it's so good with chicken.

 

 

"...so when I thought I got out from the chamber of the heiress, the king suddenly appeared amidst all of my feelings of relief." Chaeyoung said dramatically and we laughed with our slightly-drunken state.

 

 

"He asked for you though. He really wants you back on the team. I guess it also concerns the company's shareholders. Well, you're a hell one of a money-making machine for him."

 

 

"Like you aren't, Chae."

 

 

"Yeah, but we're a team. We're THE team. You know what I mean, Jisoo."

 

 

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I-..." Before I could explain further, Chaeyoung cut me off by waving her hand. 

 

 

"It's okay. Let him be." 

 

 

"Wow. Park Chaeyoung finally stepping up." I teased. 

 

 

"I'll do it for you." 

 

 

I gulped at the sight of her saying those words while she's still looking at me seriously. Did she just... flirt with me? I know she's sweet but not this vocal.

 

 

"Yah, Kim Jisoo are you already falling for me? I just flirted with you a little, ." Chaeyoung blurted out laughing.

 

 

"Aish jinjja!"

 

 

"What? Did you think I was serious?" She asked in between laughs.

 

 

"You idiot! I got nervous for a second!" I said as I laughed with her too. I was relieved that she was only fooling around. I think I wouldn't know what to say or do if my best friend actually likes me.

 

 

I have no worries though. Park Chaeyoung is definitely straight as her hair.