What Scares You

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Baguio City Benguet, Philippines.   Jisoo just followed Jennie the whole day. Dara was with them and she toured them around the place. The first day was just around the city proper; The Burnham Park, the Mansion and The Baguio Cathedral.   While he was enjoying the cool weather, Jisoo was not enjoying the cold treatment of Jennie towards him. There wasn’t even any eye contact.   After a tiring day of sightseeing, they went home after dinner. Jennie fell asleep right after taking a bath, Jisoo had coffee aster his turn in the bathroom. They are sharing a villa with two bedrooms. Jennie is sharing a room with Dara ad Jisoo on the other room.   “Aren’t you asleep?” Dara asked, who joined him in the living room.   “What should I do?” the hopeless Jisoo asked, “I wasn’t even given the chance to explain.”   “Tomorrow… pick strawberries for her.” Dara suggested. “A bit corny I know…”   “Yes… can we just buy?” he scratched his head.   “Ok. We’ll pick ourselves, you buy.”   “Okay, fine. I’ll pick the whole yard.” He sighed with resignation.   Jisoo went inside his room, and got out after 3 seconds…   “Noona, I will give you anything you want, can we switch rooms?” he pleaded.   “Jennie will kill me!” hissed Dara, scared that Jennie might hear her. She pushed Jisoo away, but pity prevailed over since they were only ‘playing’ him. “Alright. But if she gets mad, tell her you framed me up for something okay?”   “I am you slave noona.” He kissed Dara n the cheek.   Jisoo didn’t waste any single second and rushed to Jennie’s room, leaving the blushing Sandara all by herself in the living room.   He quietly (but quickly) entered the now-freezing bedroom. Jennie had turned up the air- conditioning too cold because she missed the cold weather in Seoul. Baguio is one of the coldest places in Philippines, but cannot be compared to Seoul’s temperature even during spring or fall.   The room has two beds. Jisoo is now contemplating whether to sleep on Dara’s bed or squeeze in next to Jennie. Obviously, he wants to do the latter. Definitely, he wants to slept next to Jennie. He wants to hold her tight… kiss her goodnight… or maybe even more than that. But for the time being, he just stood there, frozen…   He sat on Dara’s bed. Then lay down, then he sat again.   “Jendeuk.” He gently called.   No answer.   “Jendeuk.” He called again. This time a little louder.   Still no answer.   Jisoo started to feel uneasy. Being undecided on where to sleep, he played the touch lamp placed on the bedside table between the two beds   ON. OFF. ON. OFF. ON. OFF.   Still sitting on Dara’s bed, he tried to lie down again and got a pillow to cover his face.     “What do you count again? Sheep or cows?” Jisoo asked trying to put himself to go to sleep.   No use, he couldn’t sleep. He peeked at the sleeping Jennie on the other bd. It was just a matter of seconds when Jisoo rushes to her side. He doesn’t care if she gets mad… she is already mad anyway.   Jisoo carefully lifts the white puffy comforter and settled next to Jennie. She does not move. She must have been tired from all the walking they did that morning. He was too. But he was tired from waiting – waiting until she talks to him again.   Jisoo puts his arms around her, and buries his face on her hair. He planted several kisses on her head and on her face. Jennie flinches a little, but doesn’t wake up.   Jisoo hasn’t admitted it to Jennie but her scent had always made him go weak. For some men, a woman’s scent usually can be their attraction, but Jisoo, not only is attracted to Jennie’s scent (if ever there is such thing that you can be attracted to something intangible), but he goes all weak to her scent.   Still, Jisoo has to count sheep or cows (Jisoo still not sure) for him to fall asleep. Normally, when a guy and a girl sleep together (literally) and they hold each other, the girl places her head on the guy’s chest.   It’s the other way around Jisoo and Jennie. When they sleep together, they hold each other, he places his head on her chest. Either that or Jisoo can’t sleep. Whatta baby. Jennie would kiss his eyebrow and he would act all mushy. Far, far from that hot Blackpink’s Jisoo.   Jennie was actually facing the opposite side, so he has to pull her to his direction. Impossible. She’ll wake up and there’s a possibility that he’ll get kicked out of the room.   He was getting impatient.   “Jendeuk.” He tried to wake her up. “I’m sorry. About Erika, I told her about us and that she and I are just a thing of the past now… we can’t be together anymore. I am serious about you, I really am. I’m sorry.”   But Jennie was asleep. Pretending to be asleep. And smiling evilly while Jisoo was getting all that serious apologizing to her.   “I’m sorry, Jendeuk.”   Jennie pretend to yawn and stretched a little bit. She turned to faced Jisoo, her movements not so big, and calculated, just enough to pass as something made by person asleep. She pulled him closer to her, seemingly as if somewhat a thing did out of habit.   “Chu…” Jennie murmured, her acting was superb. Good thing it was dark, or else Jisoo would have seen her wide smile.   Jisoo had no idea Jennie was playing him, but he was just too happy.   He hugged her tightly and being just as tired as Jennie was, he fell asleep quickly.   Kiss me, Chu… kiss me… arrghhh. Disappointedly Jennie thought.    

 

Next morning   They went to the mall the next day and went to different places like Camp John Hay which has good view of the mountains in Baguio. They also went to mines view, which is a popular park in the city.   Dara who has been to the city several times had seek the advice of a friend since she was a bit bored. Her friend told her to go to Sagada, which somewhere up north. The two, Jisoo and Jennie, had no choice but to go with her, so at ten in the evening, they were ready to go.   “You guys ready? All bags packed?” Dara asked, while tying her shoelaces.   “Unni, are you sure about this?” Jennie asked, “I’m not really an outdoor-type of person… can I just stay here?”   “I’ll stay with her!” Jisoo volunteered without looking at Jennie, but his smile was so wide Dara was certain they had make-up last night.   “I’m goi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter