Love At First Sight

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And there’s no more hiding.

 

Jisoo and Jennie…

 

Jisoo and Jennie Kang.

 

At least for going out in public. But their marriage remained a secret, at least to the public’s knowledge.

 

Jisoo and Jennie now freely goes out on ‘dates’, holds each other’s hands without having to worry if rumors are going to surface later on. They didn’t have to pick out the oddest hours to go have lunch or dinner dates and didn’t have to select the farthest cinemas to watch movies. They’ve guested in shows together, and just right after their movie was shown, they have endorsed some products together – print promotions and CF deals included.

 

SM always have to sign in behalf of Jennie Kim, er, Jennie Kang. She is legally Jennie Kang now. And her legal documents now show she is married to Kang Jisoo.

 

And people loved them. Well, the girls, (of course, the girls would love Jisoo for themselves, as always) have learned to accept that they need to let go Jisoo at some point in time. They realized that the relationship is serious; they didn’t know the two are already married.

 

Of course, there still are rumors. They are still being hounded by paparazzi. Since they have admitted their relationship, press are now on to the fact that they are now ‘living’ in one roof.

 

SM and YG could just laugh and dismiss this rumor. They alternately recycle excuses to answer the press people. They would use each other’s answers and play the poor gossipers.

 

Jisoo and Jennie, when being asked, meanwhile would playfully deny and tell whoever who’s asking that they’ve never spent the night in each other’s houses and changed the topic right after. They’ve become so good at it, they compare their answers when they go home.

 

The early days of the married life of Jisoo and Jennie were blissful and it continues to be. There were fights, which is normal for newlyweds.

 

Their new home was amazing. It was of course, adorned with PINK. Jisoo, who was never good with animals, had to keep up with Kuma and Kai, Jennie’s puppy.

 

Their family and friends would come over too. But sometimes, their friends prefer not to. They say they can’t take Jisoo and Jennie’s public display of affection (PDA). They think it’s too much.

 

So much for being conservative.

 

Jisoo and Jennie would hug and kiss anywhere, anytime.

 

Hey, it’s their home.

 

Once they had dinner in their house, all Red Velvet and Blackpink, even the liberated Lisa and Seulgi were ‘scandalized’ when Jisoo and Jennie started getting touchy and mushy with each other.

 

They still hold hands.
They would whisper in each other’s ears.
He would kiss her hand.

She would affectionately touch his brow.
They would hug.
They would kiss.
And that kiss would deepen eventually.

 

In front of everyone.

 

If Lisa and Seulgi were scandalized, just imagine Rosé…

 

She would look away because her nervousness is too obvious.

 

Lisa would copy her.
Lisa and his Blackvelvet theory.
That is the Maknae should be with Maknae thing.  
Lisa and his useless and senseless attempts…

 

Jisoo and Jennie were still very, very sweet towards each other.
It was unlikely for a married couple to act so sweet as if they were still dating.

 

The ‘I love you’s, I love you too’s and I love you more’s’ are still there.

 

The only thing gone is the jealousy streak of Jisoo. They only fight about little things.

 

And Jisoo, is surely keeping his promise. He was helping Jennie in the household chores. Jennie, could never stop talking about this, to her friends and her family of course. On how the oh-so-hot and handsome Blackpink Jisoo washes the dishes, cleans the bathroom, changes the bed sheets, sweeps the entire house, does the laundry and feeds Kuma and Kai.

 

Whatta man, that Kang Jisoo.
Whatta husband, that Kang Jisoo.

Whatta lucky girl, that Jennie Kang.

 

And they do grocery shopping together. Jisoo just keeps putting what he wants in the cart, Jennie keeps putting it back on the racks.

 

People are having the time of their lives, snapping pictures of the couple bickering. They argue on things like, which brand of detergent to buy, what size of soy sauce they should get and why they aren’t getting a sack of rice yet.

 

And the junk food.
They both like it.
A lot.
And both are scolded at lot of times by Hwangssabu, YG’s resident physical therapist.

 

Jennie liked him and tried to follow him.
 

She and Jisoo exercise and go to the gym together. Jisoo, never ever, wanted his body exposed. He’s got it all covered every time. So nobody gets to see (and touch… or maybe even more) those toned muscles and six-pack abs except that girl named Jennie Kim.

 

Lucky has a new name: Jennie.

 

And when it comes to diet, Hwangssabu was very particular. Jennie obeyed him. It was Jisoo who didn’t. So, when it’s grocery time,Jennie, as much as possible, avoids the junk food and chocolates section.

 

“Hwangssabu rules, Chu.” She took over the cart from him and pushed it faster when they passed by the chips aisle.

 

“C’mon…” Jisoo, acting like five again, stopped walking. “Jennie!!”

 

“Come here!” Jennie called him.

 

“Hey, if you don’t come back here, I’m going to kiss you.” He said in a loud voice.

 

People who overheard him say that smiled at them. They realized Jisoo and Jennie, despite their ‘superstar’ status, were normal people too. They fight, they joke around. And it always ends up, people asking them for pictures together; and Jisoo would tell these people to tell Jennie to buy him snacks.

 

Some baby.

 

And Jennie does her part in the house too.

 

She learned how to cook. In fact, she even enrolled in a culinary school. Never mind that many of her (stalker) fans did too; she wanted to learn. She had to prepare meals for her husband.

 

One time she excitedly came home from class. She actually came from a dance practice before she went to the cooking class. Jennie was dead tired but she wanted to let Jisoo try the ‘pasta in a pizza’ she learned that afternoon. Never mind, that she actually sprained her foot during the practice. Before heading to their home she passed by the grocery to buy the ingredients to cook for him.

 

Jennie heard Jisoo’s car pull up in the garage. She was too excited to let him try the latest dish she just learned. The others (all actually) that she cooked for him were no good. Jennie didn’t even like them even if she cooked it herself. They ended up eating out eventually.

 

“Hi.” She gave him a quick kiss.

 

“Hi.” He pulled her for a longer one.

 

“Chu…” She broke from the kiss. “I learned something new today…”

 

He smiled unenthusiastically. He must’ve tried one hundred dishes by now.
All for the love of Jennie.
He could’ve been a food taster by profession.

 

“Let’s try it.” He said.

 

He was willing to, of course. Jisoo didn’t bother changing his clothes first. He had a feeling this might end up like before… they might just eat out…

 

Again.

 

“Mmmm?” Jennie waited for his reaction.

 

Jisoo wanted to cry.

 

It was too salty.
And spicy at the same time.

 

He swallowed hard.

 

Jennie might file for a divorce if he spits it out. He just swallowed everything. But he was all red and his eyes and ears were hot and stinging.

 

“Chu?” Jennie looked worried, “Is it not good?”

 

Jisoo grabbed the glass of water as if it meant ‘salvation’ for his being. He took three full glasses more before he can finally speak.

 

“You know I love you, right?” He couldn’t find better words to break it to her.

 

She slumped into one of the dining room chairs, and sighed. “I’m a total failure.”

 

She got a fork and tasted her own ‘masterpiece’, “Damn.”

 

Jisoo stood up and pulled her wife to give her a hug. He whispered to her, “Soojoo-Noona cooks really well you know. Erika-chan does too. Mmmm. I think out of all the seven girlfriends that I’ve had, it was only you who does not know how to cook…”

 

Jennie tried to break free from his hug.

 

Who in this world, in her right (and sane) mind would break free from Kang Jisoo's embrace?

 

Only his wife will do.
Her name is Jennie Kim (previously).
She goes by Jennie Kang now. (Pffffft… Damn lucky woman.)

 

“Your point, Kang Jisoo?” She pouted.

 

He held her closer and tighter. “Would you like me to finish that pizza… pasta?”

 

He was not even sure what it is.

 

“Yes or No?” Jisoo smiled at her and looked at her lovingly.

 

Jennie was just in awe on how handsome, on how hot Jisoo is. With those freaking beautiful, y eyes staring at her, she was melting. With that smile, she is captivated more than ever.

 

She was busy admiring his perfection when it suddenly hit her.
This man, this y man, is her husband.

 

Hers.


Thank goodness.

 

“If I say yes, will you?” She asked.

 

“Yes.” He nodded.

 

“Really?” She asked again. “Obviously, you didn’t like it… I didn’t like it too. Why would you?

 

“Because you told me to.” He responded with a ier smile this time.

 

She smiled apologetically, “I’m sorry, Chu.”

 

“It’s okay… I’m sorry for bringing up about my ex’s.” He shyly said. “I was about to crack a joke, then I forgot what the joke is all about…”

 

“Nah, it’s okay.” She told him. “You want to eat out? Or do you really want to finish this…?”

 

Even before Jennie could finish her sentence, Jisoo's already grabbed her by the hand to go out. Dinner’s some place outside again.

 

 

YG Entertainment Building
Hapjeong-dong Mapo-gu
Seoul

10a.m.

 

“Hey Jisoo, I need a favor, I’ve been crushing on this girl like forever, I’m sure you know her.” He told Jisoo.

 

He is visiting from the States, Victor Kim.

 

Yes, that YouTube sensation, with that awesome voice, super talented guy, Victor Kim.

 

He was Blackpink’s friend. Originally Danny Im’s; who had actually worked with YG then became Blackpink’s Hyung. He came for a holiday in Seoul and went to see his friends. He dropped by the YG building to see the boys. Luckily, Blackpink was recording that time (except for Seulgi) and he managed to see them.

 

“Sure, Bro… who is it?”

 

“Set me up with her, please.” His hyung begged.

 

Jisoo smiled, “When did I ever refuse you Hyung? When? Who is it tell me?”

 

He hugged him playfully, and said, "Red Velvet Jennie Kim… Man I love her.”

 

Jisoo wanted to punch him in the face. Doesn’t he read the newspapers or magazines or the Internet? Or doesn’t he watch the news?

 

According to those sources of information, she is taken, he wanted to tell him.
According to me, she is married, he wanted to tell him.

 

Lisa, Joy and Jeongyeon were holding back their laughter.

 

Jisoo was put on the spot.

 

“Hyung, you don’t have the Internet back where you came from?” He finally said.

 

Lisa finally laughed. “Nice one, Kang Jisoo… I mean Jisoo-Hyung.”

 

Jeongyeon and Joy followed after.

 

“I don’t get it.” Victor Kim scratched his head. “I’m lost.”

 

“She’s…she’s.. she’s…” Jisoo was unsure whether to say girlfriend or wife. But someone else had said that to him.

 

“Someone’s ex-girlfriend.” She said,

 

It was Jennie.

 

She just came in.

 

“Hi I’m Jennie… Jennie Kim.” She extended her hand when she introduced herself.

 

She’s back to being Jennie Kim.

 

“Victor Kim.” Victor shook her hand. “Nice to meet you Jennie.  Um… you’re here… In YG… I.. I.. Sorry, I’m surprised… First, seeing you here… in person… more so in this building… in this company… sorry… I’m just so surprised… I’m a big fan… I like you a lot…”

 

Victor Kim was stammering in front of Jennie. He didn’t expect to see her and definitely not inside YG. She was from SM Entertainment.

 

But he was happy.
Happy and blushing.

 

“Oh, I just dropped by. I came to give Minzy a gift. It’s her birthday last Saturday.” She told him. “I know you by the way, I’ve seen your videos on YouTube. I think you’re good.”

 

Victor blushed even more.

 

Jisoo was surprised he was not counting in his head this time.
Not anymore.

 

He smiled by himself; Jennie saw it and she frowned, she had no clue why he’s acting ‘Turtle Rabbit' and all that. 

 

“Thanks.” Victor at least managed to smile.

 

“Nice meeting you, by the way, I should get going.” Jennie prepared to leave.

 

“Oh, alright. Nice meeting you, Jennie-ssi.” Victor replied. “I was telling Jisoo here to set me up with you on a date, actually.”

 

Victor thought he should get ‘some balls’ and confess. It was a surprise that they met, he might as well take this chance. He was still stuttering when he was talking to her though.

 

“Oh. Now?” Jennie misunderstood that Victor might have wanted to go out with her that very moment. Like he wanted to have lunch with her that same day. “I can’t. I’m sorry. I have work. I’m shooting a CF with Choi Siwon this afternoon.”

 

Who?
Say that again.
Please.

 

“Jendeuk.” Jisoo spoke again after being silent for a while. “You didn’t tell me.”

 

“I have to go.” She ignored him.

 

“Nice meeting you again, Victor. I see you around.” Jennie said goodbye to the rest of Blackpick.

 

“I’ll walk you to your car.” Jisoo told her.

 

They were silent until they reached her car. He took her car keys from her and drove the car himself. He was still silent.

 

Is the jealous Kang Jisoo back?

 

He parked on the spot where there were no cars in the basement of SM Entertainment and where no one would see them.

 

Jennie’s heart was pounding. She doesn’t want to fight with him. They should be way past these kinds of things. They were already married, for goodness sake.

 

“Ji---“ She was cut off.

 

He pulled her in for a kiss.
A deep, long, passionate kiss.

 

They were out of breath when they stared at each other for a few seconds. Jisoo pulled her for another kiss, more intense than the first one before finally speaking.

 

“I’m not jealous anymore.” He confessed. “I don’t count in my head like I used to. And my heart’s beating really fast not because I’m angry or jealous but because of the kiss…”

 

Awwww.
At long last.

Marriage has done him good.

 

“I thought, when we got married I would get worse because I have more right to get jealous. But I don’t anymore.” He continued.

 

“Tell me again, how I freaking married the hottest man on earth.” Jennie gave her smack on the lips. “I better tell that to those chef-like goddesses Soojoo Unni, Erika-Chan…”

 

The Mandu is just being a brat.

 

“Tell Siwon-ssi I said h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter