No Kiss For Now

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Mandarin Oriental Hotel Mosaic Restaurant 7.30am   Jennie chose the ‘Mosaic’ have breakfast among the restaurants in Mandarin Oriental because she was amused by its interactive live cooking stations and the large dessert bar mesmerized her.   Like the luxurious 5-star hotel where it is being housed, the restaurant’s interiors reflected combination of elegance and beauty. Walls were intricately designed with mosaic, hence the restaurant’s name. Mosaic on walls was a fusion of art and culture, while floors and the other aspects of the entire restaurant complemented the overall design.   If the view inside was not enough, what is outside couldn’t be better. Mosaic is overlooking KLCC Park. With the combination of all that greenery, water and perfect landscape, everyone just gets a little piece of heaven on earth.   And the FOOD.   Mosaic, serves a delectable mix of international and local dishes from Japanese to Chinese cuisine cooked by renowned chefs.   The restaurant has two semi private dining rooms, which can accommodate up to 10 guests each. Jisoo asked the manager if they can have one room just for the two of them.   “This way please.” The manager led them to one of the private dining rooms. A waitress followed them to take their orders.   “Do the honors.” He told Jennie. He put the menu. As they both were given menu cards.   “I figured you’d say that.” She said. “Let’s see… let’s try, house specials, shall we? Forget it’s breakfast… we’ll have Mamak (wok friend noodles), Jhinga Achari (tandoori Prawns) and Antiboise (Black cod fish) … I hope I pronounced that all correctly.”   “It was perfect.” The waitress answered, “Your drinks?”   “Orange juice for me…” Jennie smiled, handling the menu back to the waitress who was impressed by the way she spoke English.   Her English was impeccable. Jisoo thought. Wait. She is American. What was he thinking? Of course, her English is perfect.   “What would you like to drink, Sir?” the waitress asked Jisoo.   “Earth to Jisoo…” Jennie teased.   “Oh. Same for me.”   “Still sleepy?” Jennie asked.   “Nah.” Jisoo shook his head. “This is nice.”   “What’s nice?”   “This restaurant. The view’s great too.”   “Ah, yes. But we didn’t really have to get this private dining room.” Jennie told Jisoo. “I want to be near the dessert table.”   Jisoo laughed at what she said. “It’s a force of habit I guess. If I’m with someone, it has to be private.”   “Aaahh.” Jennie nodded. “Fear of being caught.” He further explained.   “Speaking of which, we haven’t talked about that, have we? What if we get caught? I mean, what if someone sees us? What do we say?” she asks.   “Do you really think someone out there would believe there’s and ‘us’?” Jisoo leaned closer to the table. With a soft voice, he joked, “Has Jisoo gone insane?”   “You know what? Sometimes your honesty can really test my patience.” Jennie laughed, “Good thing, that it’s you, Kang Jisoo, is one hell of handsome guy, so I’m putting up with it.”   They both laughed.   “No, seriously.” She insisted, and nervously played with the utensils.   “Come on.” Jisoo turned serious. “we both know better. We’re idols, Jen. It’s the peak of our careers. Why do our companies struggle to cover every minutest there is? The moment we admit we are in relationship with another person, let alone another idol, all hell break loose. You know that. And besides, they’d rather see you with Mino-ssi or maybe Hanbin-ssi or Kai-ssi… I’m sorry.”   “And you with Dara-unni or maybe with other actresses like…” Jennie joined him.   “Stop.” Jisoo just had to interrupt her before she says anything.   Before they get to being awkward again and their food arrived. Mood changed as they exchanged stories about their own childhoods, and respective families over breakfast.   Jisoo didn’t mind the ‘talkative’ Jennie. In fact, he listened to every word she said, he even got teary-eye when she got to that part when she talked about her mother. She talked about many things to him, including past boyfriends. She forgot that he wasn’t just a friend. He is her boyfriend. “I hate it when you just finished kissing, and the guy leaves just like that…” she stops to drink water and wipes with a tissue.   She notices that Jisoo has a bit of lettuce on the left side of his lower lips. She uses the same tissue to wipe that greens for him, and continued, “You know, I’d prefer if we’d hug for like a few minutes or he’d tell me that he loves me or that I’m beautiful BUT no. he leaves like as if nothing happened. Disgusting.”   Jisoo was dumbfounded. He was unsure if it’s her gesture or by what she said. Now, she’s talking about kissing.   “You’re talking too much.” Jisoo got a prawn from his plate and gave it to Jennie “Aaah eat.”   They didn’t notice the time and it was almost eleven o’clock. Mosaic is serving breakfast until 10.30am only. Jisoo gave the waitress his room number, he told her to just charge the bill to suite 2207.   Jennie couldn’t stand up. She frequented the dessert table too many times.   Jisoo was laughing at her. Her offered his hand. “What did I tell you?”   “You ate just as many.” She pointed out.   “I ate your leftover.”   She was pouting like a little kid now. She stood up but doesn’t want to walk. Jisoo pulled her for a hug.   “Don’t be such a baby…” he whispered in her ear.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter