Finally

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JW Marriot Seoul

Banpo - dong, Seocho - gu

Seoul

Movie Press Conference

4 p.m.

 

Hours before Jisoo and Jennie’s movie press conference, different media people – from television, radio, newspapers and the Internet have already flocked to the venue to set-up and prepare.

 

Their movie can be considered one of the most anticipated movies of the year, not only because the actors are top KPOP idols turned Hallyu stars, but also rumors about them dating simply won’t die down over the years.

 

And now both their agencies, SM Entertainment and YG Entertainment, through separate announcements, via their official websites, had advised that there will be another ‘special announcement slash confirmation’ in this movie press conference.

 

You read that one right: CONFIRMATION.

 

The media is ecstatic.
The public went crazy.

 

There could only be one announcement.
And there is nothing else to confirm except THAT.

 

So prior to the press conference, there were many reports (mostly in tabloids and on the Internet) that had come out speculating about what is there to confirm.

 

Pictures of Jisoo and Jennie resurfaced. Old and new alike.

 

Numerous pictures when both of them were spotted on the same day at the airport. Even that controversial picture where Jisoo was seen holding Jennie’s Prada bag in Tokyo, while she was photographed with it in Seoul the same day.
Pictures of them with their couple rings. Jennie’s engagement ring.
Jisoo’s car parked near Jennie’s house.
Both of them are seen near each other’s houses.
Jennie having dinner with Jisoo’s family.

 

They even dug up an old album (the second one) of Red Velvet, where Jennie thanked a ‘special someone’…

 

“You—who have always insisted that I am not your type... Thank you”

 

It was only now that people seriously considered that she was actually referring to Kang Jisoo, who has always preferred matured, classy, elegant and older type of women, and not the likes of Jennie Kim.

 

But despite the rumors and speculations, some people would argue that their relationship may still be untrue for SM had admitted Jennie’s romance with fellow label mate, Choi Siwon.

 

And who can forget D.O? Who had publicly admitted his feelings towards Jennie? There are still some people who believed (and silently) hoped that Jennie would’ve hooked up with D.O. They did have some chemistry together, and D.O seemed happier with Jennie around him.

 

Jisoo was linked to Japanese actress too and of course, the ‘Model', Hong Soojoo.

 

Well, it would only be a matter of minutes now when everything gets cleared.

 

The atmosphere in the JW Marriott Function Room was a bit tense. Even reporters who were friendly with each other, don't want to share their questions. They don’t even know if they’ll get selected to ask that specific ‘question’. At least they know, they will get an answer today.

 

Jisoo, Jennie and the rest of the cast, together with the director, producer, and the writer went inside the big function room. They had their usual photo op together before settling in a long table with Jennie and Jisoo sitting next to each other in the middle.

 

The once big, cold function room had turned hot and even more tense. Everyone is aware that they are more keen on the announcement rather than on the movie press conference itself.

 

Then it had begun.

 

It was the usual movie press conference.

‘How did the filming go? etc…’
‘What is the movie all about?’
‘How was it working with each other?’

 

The basics.

 

When it was over, there was a brief moment of silence.

 

The emcee had to approach Jennie and Jisoo first, he was giving them the cue to tell everyone inside the hall about the announcement.

 

Jisoo and Jennie looked at each other, smiling.

 

Jisoo smiled and whispered to Jennie, “This is it.”

 

Jennie smiled back and nodded, “Mmmm.”

 

It was Jisoo who spoke to the crowd, he was proud. He smiled at them and said, “More than five years… we’ve been together for more than five years already.”

 

Wow.


Either people gasped, or they covered their mouths.
Bottom line: they were utterly speechless.

 

Even the emcee, who was actually about to say something, stayed silent. He needed to tell everyone that Jisoo and Jennie will not entertain questions.

 

YES, they will go just this far.

 

Or, it should be, SORRY, they will go just this far.

 

Jisoo and Jennie, as agreed with both Yang Hyun Suk and Lee Soo Man, will still get married. As soon as they actually want to. They can get married right after the press conference if they want to.

 

BUT.
Secretly.
At least to the general public.

 

Blackpink has an upcoming World Tour, and so is Red Velvet. There had been ambitious plans of a back to back World Tour of all the biggest KPOP groups.

 

Jisoo and Jennie both had signed up for movies, dramas, CFs and various endorsements. These are signed deals already. They don’t know how people will react, and how people will accept them.

 

BUT if someone asks if they’re married, both Jennie and Jisoo can answer YES.

 

All those people can speculate all they want, but no public confirmation regarding their marriage such as this shall ever occur.

 

Not just yet.

 

Jisoo and Jennie could not and would not fight this anymore. They didn’t want to care about those things and they didn't want to cause trouble to anyone.

 

This might be the weirdest set-up ever made. The Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk combination is so extraordinarily weird and explosive. And Jennie and Jisoo will just let it be.

 

So as long as they share the same home and the same last name, they’ll just accept whatever conditions their companies had set for them. They will get married, that’s for sure.

 

Finally, the emcee came back to his senses, after that quick shock. Unfortunately, instead of saying they wouldn’t entertain questions, he spoke to Jennie. “Jennie-ssi, say something.”

 

Jennie, who was surprised and she knew she was not allowed to say something, decided just to joke around. “BoomBayah!”

 

This had caused people to laugh, and they cheered them on.

 

When someone wants to ask a question, finally, the emcee remembered, there will be no questions allowed. The press conference ended pretty soon after that.

 

Jisoo and Jennie, at long last, held each other’s hands in public.

 

Finally.

 

Needless to say, they were in the headlines minutes later.

 

The relationship was not shocking at all. In fact, it was expected. But the length of their relationship – that one was a real shocker. No one imagined that they have been in a relationship together for so long.

 

They were inside Jisoo's car when Jennie let out a heavy breath.

 

“I thought I was going to suffocate.” She was still in awe. “That was terrifying.”

 

Jisoo was silent and had not started the car yet.

 

Jennie looked at him worriedly, “Hey, what’s wrong? Jisoo?”

 

He looked at her and seriously told her, “Let’s go buy our bed… a big one. Mmmm… A new refrigerator, maybe?”

 

He was thinking of buying furniture and appliances for their home.
For their home, together.

 

“Oh, Chu.” Jennie removed her seatbelt and pulled him for a hug. “We haven’t gotten married yet. We don’t even know where we’ll live.”

 

Jisoo broke off from the hug and gave her peck. “This is it.” He told her for the second time, today.

 

Jennie hugged him again. “Yes.. this is it, Chu. Finally.”

 

Finally.
BoomBayah.

 

 

 

The Fradia
Hangang Park
Jamwon-Dong, Seocho-gu,
Seoul

 

She was wearing a beautiful, elegant Vera Wang wedding gown.
He was in black and white Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo.

 

It's the day they’re exchanging I do’s.

 

Jisoo and Jennie.

 

Most of the high-profile celebrity weddings were held at a much larger venue such as The Shilla Hotel, but since Jisoo and Jennie’s a bit private they decided to hold theirs in a smaller place, in The Fradia, which is located on Hangang River.

 

The Fradia had a very romantic feel. And on that day, it had a very romantic ‘PINK feel’.

 

Their wedding is on the second floor hall, which is the largest one that can accommodate up to around two hundred twenty guests. The hall is originally designed with a black elegant theme: black table cloths, black chairs with silver bars. Expensive, well-lit chandeliers complement the hanging white drapes on the ceiling of the hall. The table centrepieces were long-stemmed Calla lilies but they needed to add pink flowers to the original white ones. Each table had candles to add up to the elegance of the entire set-up.

 

There was an aisle, going towards the middle front. A stage was set-up where the couple will stay for the ceremony. The aisle itself was donned with beautiful pink and white flowers, as the couple’s choice. There is a huge LCD screen on the right most part and there are plasma TV screens mounted as well for guests seated far from Jisoo and Jennie.

 

Just right across the stage, there is an improvised ‘dance floor’ as requested by the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Kang Jisoo.

 

The staff and crew of The Fradia and all external suppliers, were all asked to sign confidentiality agreements for this event. Their respective companies will take legal action if Jisoo and Jennie’s privacy will be violated in any way possible.

 

This isn’t just SM or YG talking.
It’s both SM AND YG talking.

 

As previously agreed and as they have promised, this will be kept a secret. Only family and closest friends were invited. So guests were trimmed down to two hundred people. That was a bit small in number for a Korean wedding wherein almost everyone is invited.

 

Jennie’s family, who mostly came from the States and different parts of the world were in attendance. They wouldn’t miss this special event in Jennie’s life. Jisoo’s family were all present at their wedding too.

 

Guests included childhood peers from both sides and of course, Red Velvet and Blackpink, who all came with their respective families. Some familiar faces seen can be either from SM Entertainment or YG Entertainment. Few others were the people whom Jisoo and Jennie worked with over the years.

 

Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk kept eyeing each other and comparing their suits and their hairstyles.

 

Seulgi and Irene came together.
And they sat next to each other.

 

Even if Suho was there.

 

The Best Man and the Maid of Honor right next to each other, what is wrong with that?

 

Nothing.
Well, nothing except if you see them holding hands under the table later on.

 

Nayeon came with Jeongyeon too.
And they shared a table as well, and sat next to each other as well.
She affectionately calls him, ‘Jeongyeongie'.

 

Lisa was crushing on Rosé. He felt pressured with this whole Blackvelvet affair.

 

Jisoo + Jennie
Seulgi + Irene
Joy + Yeri
Jeongyeon + Nayeon (the latest one)

 

He was panicking so he was into this whole thinking that maknae should be with the maknae, so he went after Rosé. But poor Lisa, Rosé completely ignored him. He even went out to explain to her, about his Blackvelvet theory.

 

“You’re not my type.” Rosé laughed at the pathetic Lalisa.

 

YOU’RE. NOT. MY. TYPE.

 

Sounds familiar.
Very familiar.
Very, very familiar.

 

In fact, ‘someone ’ told ‘someone’ those exact words way back.

 

And where are those ‘someone’ and ‘someone’ now?

 

Oh.

 

The ‘1st someone’ is waiting in front of the stage, looking drop-dead gorgeous wearing a tuxedo. His hair slicked back, looking every inch of a prince charming. His expression is a mixture of excitement, happiness and nervousness as he is anxiously waiting for that ‘someone’.

 

The ‘2nd someone’ on the other hand, was walking down the aisle, arms linked with her teary-eyed father, who was about to let go of his baby girl. She, meanwhile, was very beautiful and glamorous in her wedding dress. She was fighting her tears, but she was just as excited, happy and nervous.

 

Jisoo and Jennie hugged their own parents, then they switched. Jennie hugged his parents, then Jisoo gave Mr. Kim a big mighty hug.

 

“Take care of my baby girl, Jisoo.” Mr. Kim, in tears, told his almost son-in-law.

 

“I will, Dad.” Jisoo assured him.

 

Jisoo’s mom was crying so she couldn’t say any word. Mr. Kang congratulated them and wished them well.

 

Before taking Jennie’s hand, Jisoo and Jennie just had to pause and looked at each other first.

 

“Hi.” Jisoo smiled at her.

 

As if they just met.

 

“Hi.” Jennie smiled back.

 

“Shall we?” He offered his arm.

 

“Mmmm.” She happily nodded.

 

The wedding ceremony of Kang Jisoo and Kim Jennie proceeded. If Jisoo had it his way, this would have happened years ago.

 

They went through the common rites, and being Christians, it was a Pastor who officiated the ceremony.

 

Pastor: Jennie-ssi, do you take Jisoo-ssi, here present as your lawful wedded husband?

 

Jennie: Yes, I do.

 

Pastor: Do you give yourself to him as his wife?

 

Jennie: Yes, I do.

 

Then the Pastor turned to Jisoo.

 

Pastor: Jisoo-ssi, do you take Jennie-ssi, here present as your lawful wedded wife?

 

Jisoo: Yes, I do.

 

Pastor: Do you give yourself to her as her husband?

 

Jisoo: Yes, I do.

 

Pastor: And I, with the authority vested in me, calling on all those present here as witnesses confirm and bless the bond of this marriage which you have contracted.

 

After the traditional wedding vows, Jennie whispered to the Pastor that she and Jisoo prepared their own wedding vows. The Pastor let out a small laugh and let them do their own thing.

 

Jennie had memorized hers.
The Turtle Rabbit took out a small piece of paper, which had caused everyone to laugh.

 

It was Jennie’s turn to speak first.

 

“Hi Chu.” She began.

 

Everyone cheered.

 

While Jennie was saying her vows, she solicited various reactions. People were laughing, clapping and hooting. They were teasing her endlessly. Some were crying. All of her Red Velvet sisters cried.

 

Jisoo, during her entire speech, looked at her lovingly, with tears on his eyes.

 

“First, I promise to be the best wife to you, and the best Mommy to our babies…
I’ll be the best daughter-in-law and the best sister-in-law as well…
I will always be your best friend…
I will be less of a nagger… I will stop talking when you tell me to…
I promise not to pretend angry when I’m really not…
I promise I’ll learn how to cook…
I will wake up earlier than you, Chu, everyday…
I will love your be@rbricks starting now…
I will not meddle with my friends’ love life from now on… or we do it together…
Blackpink will now be my favourite KPOP boy group and not Super Junior or EXO…
I promise that you will always be the hottest guy for me… Forever...
I promise forever, Chu…
I love you, Kang Jisoo…”

 

She had to stop too at some point because she cried. She was just too happy.

 

Then it was Jisoo's turn.

 

He crumpled his paper and shoved it right back in his pocket. Even before he spoke, people were already cheering him on.

 

s started chanting, “JISOO! JISOO! JISOO!” Soon after many people joined them.

 

“Shhhh.” Jisoo turned to the crowd.

 

He turned to look at his waiting bride. “Hi there, beautiful.”

 

Awwww.

 

The cheers were louder. He hasn’t even begun yet.

 

“Jennie Ruby Jane…” Jisoo began, he looked straight right into her eyes, “Before I start, I just want to thank you for making me the happiest and luckiest guy in the world today…”

 

“Damn you, Kang Jisoo!” Someone said from the crowd.

 

The loud cheers have not subsided. Jisoo had to ask them to allow him to speak.

 

“Thank you, for not being matured, elegant, classy, reserved and not even older…” Jisoo went on. “Because if you were, you could’ve been just like the rest… whom I can live without. Whom I never imagined waking up next to in bed every morning… or growing old together with…”

 

Damn this boy.

 

Jennie began to cry again. Jisoo had to wipe her tears.

 

Seulgi was too touched that he kissed Irene.
Jeongyeon kissed Nayeon too.

 

Lalisa Manoban got slapped.

 

Then Jisoo began his vows. The ones he created. No, he didn’t take out his piece of paper anymore. And just like Jennie, their guests cheered him on. Blackpink, particularly were shouting at most part of his speech and at one point stood up to applaud their Hyung.

 

“I promise to love you and only you and no one else but you…
I will be a good husband and a good Daddy…
I will take care of your family…
I promise not to be a jealous Turtle Rabbit anymore…
I promised to put the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter