Couldn't You Wait?

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SM Entertainment Building
Seoul
4pm

“I don’t see any reason for us to talk, Unni.” Jennie began. She was unsure whether to sit or not. She was expecting to see CEO Lee Soo Man in his office because he was called in his office not Hong SooJoo.

Hong SooJoo looked every inch of a desperate woman. It’s been a week since the episode of Healing Camp was aired where she was the guest. And now, she has come face to face with the woman whom she’s willing to trade place with anytime of the day.

Hong SooJoo found Jennie beautiful. She has her own charms and that gummy smile – it was to die for maybe Jisoo was captivated by it too. Maybe Jisoo has changed his preference on women, she thought. Whatever it is, it still pains her, it killed her slowly.

“We need to talk.” Soojoo said. She thinks otherwise though. She stood up from the guest chair motioned that Jennie come sit in front of her.

SooJoo’s mere presence inside SM signified that she had a certain power on things. They were inside Jennie’s company’s building. This was Jennie’s turf and yet SooJoo can move around and it seems like can order Jennie around.

Jennie does not like it. But she needs to tell her who’s the boss. She needs to tell her who own Kang Jisoo.
She’s got to protect her man.

“Okay, let’s hear it.” Jennie acted cool.

It’s her show time.

“I still love Chu.” Soojoo stated, “I’m sure it has reached you by now how I told the whole world how much I do… and how I desperately want him back.”

Jennie nodded. That was loud and clear.

“I’m serious about it, Jennie.” Soojoo added. She was getting pissed at how Jennie’s acting too cool and nonchalant about her seriousness.

She got another nod from Jennie.

The battle between Jisoo’s women has begun.

Jennie and Soojoo both hate each other now to the ends of the earth.

Soojoo could not control her feelings because she knew she was the one on the losing end; because she knew deep inside she already lost Jisoo to Jennie. Jennie on the other hand is playing it cool; why waste her emotions (she just got drained from that scare of losing Jisoo) when she knows he loves her and only her?

“You’re not getting it are you?” now Soojoo is losing her grip and her anger is showing, “Do you know how many girls were there that he left for me? How he couldn’t forget me all these years? It will only take a matter of days before he come back to me, Jennie. I know him too well… Jisoo. Jisoo…”

“Jisoo loves me.” Jennie finished the sentence for her and smiled. “Unni, let’s not fight. This is so cheap. And while I’m still being respectful, let’s just stop, please.”

“You’ll just het hurt in the end.” Soojoo was still proud. “He’ll come back to me…”

Jennie on the other hand, was losing her patience because Hong Soojoo was so confident that Jisoo would eventually come back to her. Her words and her facial expression irked Jennie so much that she wanted to stand up and walked away, if not, she’ll stay and beat the crap out of her.

She was about to answer back when her phone rang.

It was Jisoo.

Time for sweet revenge.

'Jennie, put it back on'

she put it on speakerphone.

“Hi Chu.” Jennie sweetly answered.

“Where are you?” Jisoo asked.

Hong Soojoo froze. She’s not ready to hear them talking. It’s as if she saw them in their ‘private moment’ together.

Naughty Jennie looked away from Soojoo. She couldn’t look at her face while she’s tormenting her while talking to Jisoo.

“SM.” Jennie replied.

“Mmmm,” Jisoo said.

“Mmmm.” Jennie repeated flirtatiously.

Sweet short mumbling.
Awkward but cute moments.
After two years, they still do it.

“Should I go there?” Jisoo asked.

“Why?” teased Jennie. She was looking at her newly polished nails.

“Mmmm. I want to see Rosé, Yeri, Nayeon, Momo, Sana, Jihyo, Irene, Mina… and…” Jisoo answered in his deep voice. He was trying to sound cute. Well, he was more than cute.

They were acting like teenagers. Being corny to the highest level. If their fans knew this, they probably would change their bias right away.

“And…?”

“I forgot who…” Jisoo laughed.

“Who?” asked Jennie in her most flirtatious voice, irking Soojoo more.

“Ah, forget it.” Jisoo was still laughing.

“Fine.” Jennie pouted. “I’m hanging up, Ji-soo.”

She just has to say ‘Ji-soo’ something in between sweetly and flirtatiously and extra lovingly.

“I love you, Jennie.” Jisoo replied. He didn’t know he was playing his part so well.

That doesn’t answer her question, nor is related to anything in the conversation. He just said it. Jisoo just said it. Out-of-the-blue.

Whatta man. That Jisoo.

“Say that again, Chu.” Jennie looked at the now pale Hong Soojoo.

“I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you… I love you so much, Jennie.” Jisoo’s voice echoed in the room.

“I love you too Chu but I’m scared you might come back to Hong Soojoo Unni…” Jennie lied. She knew he’s not going back to her.


“Are we going through this again? Ahhh… please… what can I do to convince you?” Jisoo voice changed, he felt bad that he thought this was a past issue.

“You don’t love her anymore?” she asked. Bad Jennie.

“No. I already said that.” Jisoo sounded irritated. “Like a million times.”

“You’re not coming back to her?” she probed again. Bad Jennie.

“Never.” Jisoo had to repeat once more. “Jennie, how many times must I say it?”

“No feelings for her anymore?” repeat question from Jennie. Bad Jennie.

“None.” Jisoo sighed. “Yah! Aren’t we done with that too? If we talk about these things again, I swear I’m going to make you pregnant even before I walk you down the aisle.”

Bad Jennie.

She should ‘borrow’ the title ‘The Baddest Female’ from CL.
Someone needs to show Hong Soojoo who’s the boss.
Someone needs to tell Hong Soojoo who owns Jisoo.

“fine… I’m sorry.” Jennie laughed. She didn’t remove her gaze away from Soojoo. She was sorry that it had to be that way. She hated the fact that she had to resort to that to show her their relationship.

“And speaking of which… you never guess what I did.” Jisoo’s mood changed.

“What?”

“I bought booties… baby’s booties.” He excitedly told Jennie.

Did the sun rise from the west?
Kang Jisoo at his finest.
Jennie was confused; she was teary-eyed but was smiling.
For Soojoo, it was her turn to feel to have wanted to die.
Boombayah.

“Oh Chu…” Jennie was so overwhelmed.

“Joy was buying clothes online and I was pissing him off while he was doing it when I saw there was baby stuff… I saw it, then I bought them.” He told her. “I’ll give it to you later. They’re cute you’ll see.” 

“Ok… I’m excited to see them…” Jennie got another surprise from Jisoo, she forgot about Hong Soojoo who was sporting a shocked face.

“So if you talk about the model again, I’ll work double hard so those booties will be use sooner than later. Arasso?”

Jennie laughed, “I love you, Chu.”

“I love you more, Jennie.” He said sweetly. “I’m actually here right outside your building. Hurry up and finished whatever you’re doing so I can kiss you… hurry up, hurry up, Mommy.”

By now, everything is clear with Soojoo already. It should be. Jennie and Jisoo’s relationship is way too serious for her to challenge.

She saw their rings.
She heard their confession of love towards each other.
And Jisoo doesn’t want to talk about her anymore.
Jennie is not one bit scared about her.
Jisoo bought baby’s booties, for goodness sake.
Boombayah.

Jisoo and Jennie hung up just about Soojoo was about to leave. Jennie was right. They have nothing to talk about after all. Soojoo wanted to think if she would still put up a fight. She was not sure. She’s not even sure if they’re secretly married (they’re wearing wedding bands but Jisoo had said ‘… before walks her down the aisle’- Soojoo was confused) and if Jennie is pregnant. (‘the booties’).

Jennie stopped her from leaving; guilt had overcome the younger lady, “Unni… wait, I’m sorry. That was too cruel. I’m sorry.”

With watery-eyes, Soojoo said, “Let him go Jennie-ssi, I’m begging you. I love him.”

Jennie shook her head, “You’re asking me to die, Unni… I’m sorry.”

Jennie knew this conversation would go nowhere. It had to end, she had to end it.

“I know it’s difficult for you. It has been for me too, but for all its worth, I’m fighting for him. Please be well, Unni. Take care.”

Jennie went past the crying Hong Soojoo and went to her waiting Jisoo outside the building. She might have felt bad for her, but no, she won’t give up her man. Not when they have been starting to talk about their future together, not when that future involves little Jennies & little Jisoos now.

 

 

 

Tiffany & Co. Sogong-Dong Chung ku Seoul   “I remember you…” the Ahjumma sales lady told Jisoo. “You were that handsome boy who bought the wedding rings alone… what… more than a year ago? The young girls here couldn’t get over you… what brings you here again?”   Jisoo smiled, “I’m here to buy another ring…”   Jisoo remembered Ajumma to. It’s not so hard to remember her since she’s the only senior lady among the staff in the store.   “Are you buying a ring for the same girl?” Ahjumma’s eyes glistened, waiting for a YES.   “Yes, Ahjumma.” Jisoo nodded. “Her name’s is Jennie. And I’m buying her the right ring this time.”   “I bet you are.” She replied, “Have you chosen your ring?”   “Yes.”   Jisoo showed a picture of the ring he had seen in their website. It was Round Brilliant with Square-cut Channel-set Band inspired by designs from the Roaring ‘20s, a band of channel-set square diamonds characterizes this ring. It is 2.5 karats engagement ring priced a little over $35,000.   “Beautiful ring, young man.” Ahjumma approved his selected engagement ring. “She must’ve been a special girl.”   “Very special.” Winked Jisoo.   This time around, Jisoo had bought the ring without hesitation. He was determined and more definite than ever. Their relationship had no way to go except there.   They were madly in love with each other; they have grown and still growing together. Both Jisoo and Jennie learned to accept each other’s flaws, put up with each other’s imperfections and loved each just the same.   Jisoo’s past may not reflect any trace of Jennie’s influence or vice versa but their future just spoke each other’s names and no one else’s.   Belonging on two rival’s companies were not a hindrance anymore. They were not even scared of getting caught by paparazzi and media. They would sometimes go out on a dates without disguise but a public confession still remains to be done.   Not just yet.   But Jisoo thinks after almost 3 years of relationship, he is now ready to take on a new challenge. He is not sure about his feelings, and is definitely sure about Jennie.   What is there left to wait for? But he hasn’t done his military training yet.   Jisoo has always been the type to think about things seriously then goes for something that he wants, that he loves.   This has gotten the Kang into thinking. He was ready, no question about that. But he was weighing things seriously.   Then it hit him. So what if he is ready? Is he going to get a YES?    

 

 

 

Kang Household Saturday Evening Dinner   “You should’ve bought Jennie over.” Jisoo’s dad told him. “This is her favorites. I thought she was coming, so I asked you mom to particularly prepare this.”   They were having Japanese Wagyu for dinner. Jisoo come home to his parents’ house and his sister, Jiyoon, came too. He invited himself and asked his sister as well. His family expected to see Jennie as always, but they were disappointed because Jisoo came alone. At first they thought they fought but Jisoo wasn’t in a foul mood so that idea was dismissed.   “Aigoo… this boy.” His mom said , more disappointedly, “Let me call her.”   “No. don’t.” Jisoo stopped her. He was about to drink, but he stopped as well.   “Are you guys fighting?” Jiyoon asked, “Yah! You didn’t do something, did you?”   “No… of course not.” Jisoo replied, “I wanted to talk to you alone… I mean, ask permission and blessing actually…”   “Ask permission and blessing…?” his dad now had to stop eating too. He was curious why his son was suddenly serious all of a sudden.   “Mom, Dad…” Jisoo began, “Hyun Suk Hyung said we’ll be taking turns in the military already. I’ll go first…”   “Oh…” his parents chorused.   “But before I do so…” Jisoo continued. “I’m marrying Jennie…”   “Oh, son.” His mom cried happily, she got up to hug him.   “I’m not sure if she wants to marry me though…” Jisoo faintly smiled while he hugs his mom back, “they have this ongoing world tour and she’s just starting as an actress and she also have some work as a solo artist… and I’m… I’m… I’m leaving for the military; it doesn’t really give her enough reasons to say yes. It doesn’t do her justice.”   “You’re right.” His sister told him. “And you’re being selfish.”   His sister was right. At this point, this might be the busiest time, and the peak of Jennie’s career. Aside from Red Velvet, Jennie just release her solo album, which was selling very well and her singles were topping the charts. She recently starred in a drama (it was her dream to act ever since) and is now shooting a movie opposite Song Joong Ki. Her CFs were too many, endorsements were handful and overseas commitment were just as many.   Jisoo is equally busy with Blackpink and his solo activities and movies, but he has to stop when he enlists. He almost got into a drama with Jennie.   SM rejected that drama because it involved too many ‘kiss’ scenes with him and Jennie. Yang Hyun Suk almost told the press they do more than that in their free time to piss Lee Soo Man.   Jisoo stayed silent because what Jiyoon said was true. Even if Jisoo proposes, he also leaves for military. Their mom scolded her.   “Whatever you decided son, we’ll support you.” His dad said. “But don’t feel bad if she says no. you’ve got to understand her too. She’s realizing all of her dreams now. Even if she’s willing to throw that away, you’re leaving anyway.   “But couldn’t you wait?” Jiyoon interjected.   “Jiyoon!” their mom butts in.   Jisoo didn’t have an answer to that. Couldn’t he wait? What’s another two years for him and Jennie?   But he wants to propose now. Now. He wants to marry her now. If she says yes, he doesn’t care but they’ll rush to the City Hall one minute before it CLOSEs to register their marriage.   He doesn’t know what is wrong with him. Maybe it’s his jealous self again that he thinks Jennie will be free to see others when he goes to the military. He hates himself for thinking like that.   But he does want to spend the rest of his life with her; make her his wife. But, again, couldn’t he wait?   “Please give us your blessings.” Jisoo bowed.   “Yes of course.” His parents both said.   “We love her very much, you know that, don’t you?” his mom said. “But remember what your dad said.”   “Chu…” Jiyoon began to say something, “Don’t be such in hurry, Jennie’s isn’t going anywhere and I can see she’s going to wait for you…”   “I know Noona, I don’t know… I just want to marry her now…”   “Okay, if that’s what you want, fine.” Jiyoon gave up, “Either she says no or you guys hurry up and give mom and dad a grandchild before you go to military!”   “Noona!” Jisoo protested, “Jennie’s still busy…”   “Exactly my point.” Jiyoon told him, waving her spoon at him, “Don’t rush it, Chu. You might just get rejected. And that’s going to be ouch.”   After dinner, Jisoo still was uneasy and unconvinced. After getting the blessing from his parents, he called uphis manager and said he’s taking a leave for a few days. He’s going out of the country.   His destination? Diamond Bar, Los Angeles.    

 

 

Diamond Bar Los Angeles, California   “Jisoo!” Jennie’s dad was very glad to see him, “What a surprise! You’re alone?”   He looked for his daughter. She wasn’t there. And Jisoo was just carrying a small bag. It wasn’t even an overnight bag.   “Hi dad.”   The two men hugged. Jisoo was surprised he was actually able to go to their house without any instructions now. He just knows how to now.   “Come on in.” Jennie’s dad ushered him into the living room, “Are you hungry?”   “No, I ate during the flight. I’m actually full.” He lied. The truth, he was too nervous that his stomach was doing summersaults. He couldn’t even drink water.   Jennie’s dad felt nervous too. He stuttered a bit when he talked to Jisoo. He’s scared to ask why he came. If he asks if they fought an if he says yes, then it’s a serious fight because he flew from Seoul to Los Angeles just to see him for that. If Jisoo say no, then it just means…   It just means…   It just means…   “Dad…” Jisoo who was seated in the sofa nervously began, “I want to marry Jennie…”   Boom. He knew it.   Jennie’s Dad knew it.   Jisoo’s asking for the hand of his little princess.   His baby girl, Jennie Ruby Jane.   Jisoo looked at him straight into his eyes when he asked. He saw his sincerity; he knew Jisoo love his little girl ad he knew he could trust him. Jennie’s dad love Jisoo like his own son but letting go of his daughter was, is and will never be easy.   “Am I going to be grandpa?” he asked, Jennie’s dad entertained the thought that his daughter might be pregnant that’s why Jisoo is asking for his blessing now.   “Oh, no… not yet…” Jisoo shook his head. “Jennie doesn’t even know I went here to ask for your blessing.”   Brave boy. Mr. Kim thought, not only will my grandchildren be good looking, they will be persons of character too.   “Dad, I’m going to the military by the end of the year, I want to marry Jennie before I enlist.” He confessed, “that is, if she says yes… and if you agree…” “if I don’t?” Mr. Kim asked.   “I’ll probably beg.” Jisoo honestly replied, he was holding on to the armchair too tight.   “If I don’t give in?”   “We will elope most likely.” A more honest reply came from Jisoo.   Mr. Kim laughed. “Make my daughter happy, Jisoo. Take care of her… to be honest, I’m confident that you will, son. I am entrusting my little princess to you.”   “Thanks, dad.” Jisoo breathed a heavy sigh of relief. “I’ll take care of her, I promise. I love her so much.”   “Let’s go grab beer.”   A sandwich would be nice. Jisoo thought. But he couldn’t say it. He can drink all the beer cans Jennie’s dad give him. He was thankful enough for his blessing. He left few hours later. The moment he arrived in Seoul, he contacted the person he needed another blessing from:   Yang Hyun Suk.'  

 

YG Building Hapjeong- dong Mapo-gu, Seoul   They smoked at least three cigarettes each without talking to each other. It was breezy that Thursday morning and ‘hanging’ out in the YG building rooftop was just perfectly amazing.   The silence between Yang Hyun Suk and Jisoo was actually not tensed.   The ‘Hyung’ was the first one to break that silence and smiled. He was not the one
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter