END

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jisoo’s Pad

8PM

 

“If you want to break up, fine. Then let’s break up. If that’s what you want, so be it.” Jisoo shouted at Jennie.

 

“Why are you putting words into my mouth? It’s you and you’re freaking jealous streak again!!” She screamed back.

 

They were shouting at each other.

For the first time.

 

“How many times must I tell you we’re just friends?” Jennie’s tears were falling from her eyes uncontrollably. “Damn it, Jisoo. I don’t know what to do with you anymore!”

 

“Why is it me?” He glared at her, his voice still loud, and his anger still has not subsided. “Best friends? Shoot me, that’s a nicer way to put it.”

 

“.” Jennie cursed and sarcastically said, “You’re getting too unreasonable. And stubborn… Oh, what else is new?”

 

“I have every reason and right to, Jendeuk.” He told her. “For goodness sake, we are almost married and you are going out with someone who just confessed to the entire nation that he is going after you, and how do you think that would make me feel?”

 

She stayed silent. He’s got a point.

 

Jisoo went on. “If you weren’t attached to him, I would’ve let it pass. I swear, we wouldn’t even have this conversation.”

 

Attached.
That was too strong of a word.

 

“Do you even know how I feel right now?” He asked her. She can see fresh tears from his eyes about to fall.

 

“I am explaining to you when I know I shouldn’t.” She told him, not answering his question.

 

“Did you sleep with him?” His tone serious. His question serious. Jisoo was very serious when he asked.

 

She couldn’t believe what she just heard.

 

She threw both her rings at him and walked away.

Her couple ring and her engagement ring.

 

Jennie stormed out of his house crying. How could he ask her that when he knew that she was faithful to him all these time.

Fidelity was never an issue between them. Never. How can there be love when there is no trust.

 

But Jisoo asked just the same.
Out of anger.
Out of desperation.

 

He regretted doing so.
Very much so.

 

Jisoo sat down at his sofa and covered his face with his trembling hands. His whole body was shaking in anger. This was the first time they fought hard after almost five years of relationship. Three years dating, and practically two years engaged.

 

Jisoo and Jennie almost got married if Mina wasn’t involved in a sensational scandal before his enlistment. They had to postpone their marriage upon request from SM’s CEO himself, Lee Soo Man.

 

They had no choice back then. Red Velvet was at their lowest. Endorsements stopped coming in, and worse, companies started cancelling out on them. Their singles started to drop out of the charts. New groups are outselling them. No amount of damage control can help the biggest girl group during that time. And the possible leak out of Jennie’s marriage to Jisoo might have sealed the end for Red Velvet.

 

His family and his friends think it’s for the best that they put the marriage on hold too. It was the cleverest thing to do at that time. Jisoo have to help save the girls. ‘Save Jennie, if you really love her’, he heard that so many times, whether he was awake or asleep.

 

Jisoo is not that insensitive. Although he can fight for Jennie and he knows, she can do the same for him, there are many people involved with the decision they were about to make at that time. And these people are their friends. People who are very close to their hearts.

 

After two years in military training, Jisoo was not just very eager to return to his family and to Blackpink but he wanted to run to Jennie and marry her right away.

 

The impatient Turtle Rabbit is back.

 

But he had matured. They have waited long enough anyway; and he wanted to give her (had assured her) of a beautiful wedding she deserves.

 

Jennie, now a successful actress, had become very busy juggling her time between Red Velvet, her solo activities on music, movies and on small-screen dramas. She had been a workaholic ever since but she had work doubly hard for her not to miss Jisoo when he was on military.

 

And now this.

 

Few months after he was out, they’ve gotten into a major fight. They’ve never been into one, actually. When he was mad, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter