I Need You Back

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Okay2 I just playing with you guys.. Sorry!!!!! So here the rest of the chapter enjoy!

 

The Shilla Hotel

Seoul

3pm

 

It was two months after she and Jisoo had call it quits. Even their friends couldn’t believe it.

 

They were almost married.

 

She still couldn’t believe it. Two months of no communication too. She was waiting for Jisoo to work his magic again. For him to woo her again. But he never did. But he kept contact with her family. Her dad told her that Jisoo called him to ask how he’s doing and he did the same to her siblings, Chahee and Mino. Jennie kept in touch with his family as well, his mom most especially. She had never severed ties with the Kang family except their youngest member.

 

Jennie would still cry every night. She terribly misses her bad boy. She wanted to call him but she’ll always remember that night in house...

 

When they got into a fight…
When he asked her if she slept with D.O…

 

The pain stung. Every time she is reminded of that night. Every time is reminded of that question. But she wants him back, no question about that. Jennie is so confused.

 

“Jennie! Earth to Jennie!” Jieun, her manager snapped her fingers in front of Jennie’s face.

 

“Oh, Unni. I’m sorry.” Jennie apologized. She had been spacing out too many times ever since she and Jisoo had broken up.

 

“We’re here.” Jieun told her. “Send me a message on what time I should pick you up.”

 

“No need, Unni. D.O’s here. He said he’ll take me home.” Jennie informed her. “Thanks for the ride.”

 

“Wait, isn’t that Jisoo?” Jieun nervously said looking out the car window, “And he’s with… with…”

 

With the Hong.

 

Jennie wanted to rub her eyes but it would ruin her make-up. But needless to say, seconds later, it was ruined anyway. Fresh, hot tears were flowing from her eyes as she saw Jisoo enter The Shilla Hotel hand in hand with the stunning Hong Soo Joo.

 

She felt like dying. Again.

 

Jennie got the same feeling back then when she saw them at his house when Hong Soo Joo was trying to win Jisoo back.

 

She couldn’t move.
She couldn’t speak.
She was catching her breath.

 

Jennie was there to attend Eric Moon and Han Ye Seul’s wedding and not receive the shock of her life. Obviously, so is Jisoo and Hong Soo Joo.

 

She heard a knock on the car window on her side of the door. It was D.O.

 

“Hey there.” She can only read his lips.

 

Jennie searched for a mirror inside her purse and quickly fixed herself. Jieun helped her. In no time, she was on her way in the hotel, hand in hand with D.O. She had no intention of getting back at Jisoo nor maybe get even.

 

She was just there to attend another Sunbae’s wedding. No more, no less. And D.O, despite his official declaration of love and affection, no matter how grand, and how public, will still remain as a friend – and no longer a best friend.

 

Jennie made sure she had drawn a clear line between her and D.O.

 

She told D.O she cannot offer anything more than friendship. He was a good friend to her and that’s it. If extra closeness would give him other ideas and would lead him to think to other avenues aside from ‘just friendship’ then she is walking away.

 

The reason?

Kang Jisoo.

 

She had finally told him.

Only now that she isn’t wearing those rings.

 

Jennie told him every single detail.
That day in the coffee shop… his proposal… their fight… everything.

And that everything included her love for him never changed, even if they haven’t talked ever since that night after they fought.

 

Being together now hand-in-hand in the wedding was just purely friendship. She was wearing a freaking four-inch stiletto for goodness sake. She might just create a horrifying scene, that clumsy girl, Kim Jennie.

 

At the banquet hall, Jisoo and Hong Soo Joo was seated right across D.O and Jennie’s table. In short, they have a good view of each other. Jisoo and Jennie.

 

Jisoo glanced at her once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Until he was completely staring at her.

 

Then she stared back at him.

 

Both of them stopped eating. They stopped talking to the people in their tables respectively.

 

Remember how their eyes spoke with each other? They were so good at it.

 

Jisoo: I miss you so much, Jendeukie.

Jennie: I miss you too, Chu.

Jisoo: I’m sorry, I really am.

Jennie: I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.

Jisoo: And I love you…

Jennie: I love you, Chu.

 

Their ‘staring game’ was cut when someone had walked in the middle and someone had talked to Jennie. It’s almost as if they made up already. They were just a bit short of an actual conversation to seal their reconciliation.

 

But in their minds (and hearts) they knew, everything’s okay now. They would make up.

 

Until…

 

D.O who just sang a congratulatory song to Eric and Han Ye Seul just ruined everything.

 

After his song, he went to say his message to the couple… and added a little something.

 

“I also would like to take this opportunity as well, to greet the love of my life, my girlfriend, Ms Kim Jennie, advance Happy Birthday!”

 

The guests were thrilled by his greeting and cheered on. He was still at it. Jennie was mad. D.O just called her, his girlfriend.

 

The love of his life. His girlfriend.

 

Great. Just Great.

 

He thought he was helping her because Jisoo was there with Hong Soo Joo.

 

Jennie searched for Jisoo. She saw him on his way out to the hallway, and Hong Soo Joo closely following him. They were too fast and she can’t just keep up. She was literally running following them. She removed her shoes and threw it in the hallway.

 

The Chanel Muse was barefooted running after the love of his life in a pink elegant dress.

 

Jisoo pressed the elevator button to go down to the parking basement. So much for that ‘moment’ he had back there with Jennie. Hong Soo Joo was calling out to him but the stubborn boy didn’t even look back.

 

The elevator was taking way too long so he decided to take the fire exit, Hong Soo Joo ran after him too and so did Jennie. He was walking too fast, and Hong Soo Joo had to shout and stop him.

 

“Jisoo, stop.” Soo Joo shouted, she was one flight of stairs behind him. “I’m pregnant for goodness’ sake!”

 

The Model is pregnant.

 

Jennie didn’t just stop running. Her whole being stopped as well.
Luckily, not too long.

 

“Won Bin’s going to kill you for sure if something’s going to happen to our baby.” Soo Joo told him, “Yah! If you still love her then go get her, why are you running away? Damn it, Kang Jisoo! You left me for her, she’s must be really something.”

 

Obviously, they didn’t know Jennie was few steps up.

 

Jisoo stayed silent. That’s the Jisoo they both knew. They both loved. He would not talk. Until finally.

 

“I’m sorry, Noona.” Jisoo caught his breath and apologized. “I’m a Turtle Rabbit, remember? I love her so much…”

 

Jennie was crying silently listening to Jisoo pour out his emotion to his ex-girlfriend.

 

“ you, Jisoo.” Soo Joo chuckled, “Dare say that to me. But go ahead, I owe you a lot.”

 

Jisoo smiled to her and sighed, “Can I be honest? Really, really honest? But just in case you and Jennie become friends please don’t tell her... and please don’t get hurt.”

 

“All right.” She nodded. Soo Joo sat on one of the steps of the stairs.

 

Jisoo leaned on the wall. He tapped his left foot, as if he was the one waiting. “Don’t get mad and don’t you ever tell Jennie.”

 

Jennie was curious on what he was going to tell Hong Soo Joo.

 

“I know I should not compare...” He began, “It’s wrong… but truth is, I have loved Jennie way too much more than I have loved you…”

 

“Shut up!” Soo Joo cried out but she was smiling.

 

Who would’ve thought she and Jisoo will be having this kind of conversation, years later? In a staircase of a fire exit of a five-star hotel in Seoul?

 

“In a scale of 1 to 100, let’s say, my love for you is 10, for hers is…” Jisoo went on, “One thousand…”

 

Soo Joo laughed. “You brat!”

 

“Seriously.” Jisoo got serious. “Just when everyone thought you’re my one greatest love, for sure they haven’t met her. I love her Noona, I love her so much. More than anyone. My love for her is more than the love I've had for all my ex-girlfriends combined. No else had come CLOSE. No one.”

 

“And did you even have to wait this long? Until someone else gets her?”

 

“I don’t know… I don’t know…” He covered his face with his hands. “I’m shocked too. I didn’t know they were dating. I couldn’t just go up to her because I was hurt and I said hurtful words to her too. But I should know if they’re dating. I go to her house every day.”

 

“You what?” Soo Joo stood up with disbelief from what she just heard. “You go to her house everyday, what are you? A stalker?”

 

“Yes... but I’m not a stalker…” He shyly admitted, “I check on her every night if she arrived safely. I park my car far away from her house and leave if I know if she’s home already.”

 

“Everyday?”

 

“Yes. Everyday.” He nodded, “After we broke up.”

 

“Pabo!” Soo Joo said , “You’re such a kid, go win her back. If you love her that much, don’t let someone else get her. And D.O’s not a bad man, if I may say… and he’s hot too.”

 

“Hotter than me?” Jisoo flashed him a wicked smile.

 

“Well, if you guys are compared, he becomes normal looking.” Soo Joo stated.

 

“I love you, Noona.” Jisoo went up to hug his ex-girlfriend.

 

“I’d like you to say that again but with…’more than Kim Jennie’ in the end” She .

 

“I love Kim Jennie and no one else.” Jisoo proudly said.

 

Soo Joo pouted.

Jennie smiled wide.

 

That Turtle Rabbit is still mine, Jennie thought.

 

Jennie was alarmed when she remembered that fire exits can only be opened from the outside. Good thing, a cleaning lady opened it and she was able to get out. Jisoo and Soo Joo looked up to see who it was but they didn’t see Jennie. The same cleaning lady helped Jisoo and Soo Joo get out to the basement too.

 

The Chanel Muse, barefooted, was carrying nothing when she went outside the hotel. All she had was a huge, bright smile on face.

 

She has to get back her rings from Jisoo's house.

 

Unmindful that she looked pitiful, she came across Rosé who was shocked that she was not wearing any footwear and her hair, well, her hair, dishevelled.

 

“Jen!” Rosé looked stressed at the sight of her friend. “What happened?”

 

“I need some money.” Jennie asked her, “Cab money.”

 

“Okay.” Rosé panicked and took some bills from her purse. “You need a coat, it’s cold.”

 

“I just need money...thanks!” Jennie hurriedly left her confused friend. She didn’t even tell her where she’s going.

 

Jennie was waiting for a cab in the curb when Jisoo's car passed by her. Then the car stopped and Soo Joo alighted from the car.

 

“Jennie!” Soo Joo called her.

 

“Unni.” Jennie turned to her. Her awkwardness towards her was gone with what she had witnessed in the staircase. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m waiting for a cab.” She told her. Jennie started to shiver. It was indeed cold.

 

“Oh, you can have mine. My cab...” She pointed at Jisoo's car. “My boyfriend’s picking me up in a minute.”

 

“Oh that looks dandy. My money’s just enough for the regular cab though.” She smiled and showed Soo Joo the few bills in her hands.

 

It was getting too windy and cold. She had no choice too because Soo Joo left the door open and the cab driver (she was sure he was handsome) was waiting for her to get in.

 

“Thanks Unni.”

 

“You’re one lucky .” Soo Joo winked at her.

 

“I know.” She winked back.

 

Jennie went inside Jisoo's car and the moment Jennie yanked the door closed, she knew they were back together.

 

She wanted to kiss him.
He wanted to kiss her.

 

Right there and then.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter