You're All I'll Ever Need

Close
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Told you I'm going to update. HA.

Rome, Italy.

The Eternal City.

 

Jisoo and Jennie’s second stop in Europe was in the very romantic city of Roma in Italia. Rome is Italy’s largest and most populous city. Named as one of the most beautiful cities in the world, tourists, millions and millions of them, flock this Italian city every year.

 

This intriguing, historic city is limitless although it might be small in dimension. Tours in the place are mostly based on history since the Rome is overwhelmingly historical; Food, wine, art and religion are also of particular interest of visitors.

 

And it has been said that all roads lead Rome, and in Rome, every road leads to eternity.

 

They said the best way to explore the city is to walk… YES…WALK.

 

Jisoo didn’t like that but the mere fact that he is enjoying that freedom, THEY are enjoying that freedom – walking around as a normal couple, he didn’t create a fuss.

 

They walked on the cobbled streets holding each other’s hands; sometimes, his arms on her shoulders, hers wrapped on his waist. If they’d get tired, normally people would just sit and rest, but instead, Jisoo just pulls Jennie for a hug. They would pause and kiss, sometimes quick; sometimes too passionate and intense, they would need to catch their breaths. Public display of affection (PDA) to the highest level, European Version, now Italian Episode. The Turtle Rabbit is so loving it.

 

They toured Rome on their own since Jennie had been here before.

 

“I’ve never thought this place could be more romantic than before.” Jennie told Jisoo. They were going down the Spanish Steps on to Piazza del Popolo (People’s Square).

 

“Yah, you just want me to kiss you again, don’t you?” He .

 

“What?!?” Jennie asked, confused why he said that. Oh, because he thinks she thought it’s more romantic now that she’s with him.

 

Jisoo laughed. “You can be honest with me, Kim Jennie.”

 

Jennie playfully hit him in the arm, “Yah! Kang Jisoo!”

 

Jisoo pulled her for a kiss when they descended from the Spanish Steps. “You’re so beautiful. I couldn’t just think of the most beautiful thing here because you overshadow everything and everyone.”

 

“Aren’t you over being mushy, Chu?” She pinched his nose. “I want my Kang Jisoo back!! That cool guy, the one that make girls go crazy because of his coolness… where is he? Why am I stuck with someone so mushy?”

 

Jisoo laughed again, “I’m actually Lisa trapped in Hyung’s body.” He imitated Lisa.

 

Jennie gave him a quick peck, “I love you, Lisa.”

 

“Aishhh. No way!” Jisoo turned red. “Take it back.”

 

 

All rolled into one.

 

Uh-oh.

 

She kissed him again, “Joking! I’m just joking! I love you, Chu. Just you, Chu.”

 

“I’m joking too.” He gave her a ‘to-die-for-smile’

 

“You almost got me.”

 

He got her hand to show her that she’s wearing their couple ring and her engagement ring, “Mrs. Kang Jisoo, remember?”

 

She smiled.

 

“I don’t think I’ll be jealous anymore… of anyone.” He stated, as a matter of fact-ly.

 

Finally.

 

Jisoo asked her, “You want to shop?”

 

They were actually near the luxurious streets of Via del Corso, Via del Babuino, and Via Ripetta. Jisoo and Jennie were at the shopping haven of Italy. This is where you will find the most expensive shopping areas in the world.

 

Via del Corso is swamped with tourists and mobbed by a younger crowd. Although, it has expensive stores too, there are some cheap boutiques lined up in the area. Prices tend to get higher as the stores draw closer to Piazza del Popolo. Via Del Babuino, is the most posh out of the three as it boasts some exclusive shops and all full designer labels. And lastly, Via Ripetta, the quietest street, had restaurants and wine bars and few ethnic shops.

 

“Yes.” She replied almost silently.

 

“Why did I even bother to ask.” He laughed, he brought out his wallet and took his credit card out. “Buy whatever you like.”

 

Kang Jisoo. Every girl’s dream boy.

 

“No.” Jennie shook her head. She’s touched alright, but she’s not going to take his money for all her guilty pleasures. “I’ll spend for what I like.”

 

“What?” He continued to give his credit card to her, “Just make sure we still have some money left to buy food and money to send our babies to school…”

 

“Chu…”

 

“Remember… we’re making FOUR.” He reminded her, his four fingers up in the air almost near her laughing face. “Yah, which makes me think, you want to start now?”

 

“CHU!!”

 

“I’m joking… Please, isn’t this our honeymoon? Husbands buy their wives whatever they like… I’m no different, so what’s with, ‘CHU!!!’?” He mimicked her expression again the way she said his name.

 

She gave him an ‘I’m-not-buying-that-explanation’ look. “Give me a few hours?”

 

Few hours.


Jisoo sighed. He knew her too well. It was dark when she finished shopping. And no, she didn’t accept his credit card. She spent her own money. He tried fighting to buy her anything but Jennie wouldn’t budge.
And to make things worse, she bought them couple shirts, they were Chanel alright, but still, they were couple shirts. Or a more matured term would be, His and hers.

 

From worse to worst. She was too tired when they arrived in the hotel. Jennie didn’t even kiss Jisoo goodnight.

 

Poor Jisoo. He busied himself flipping TV channels and as if luck turned its back on him, National Geographic Channel featured mating of Sharks.

 

‘Sharks in love’

 

He cursed going to sleep. In Italian.

It was one of those rare times that he spoke in a foreign language.

It was one of those rare times that he cursed.

He saw ‘Sharks in love’ in his dreams.

 

 

The next day was even a more tiring day for the hot, underground KPOP couple.

 

They went around to see the historical architecture marvels of Rome: Pantheon – an ancient building, preserved over time; the Colosseo, a very big arena where gladiators fought with their opponents like slaves, prisoners and wild animals in the ancient times.

 

Jisoo and Jennie of course didn’t miss St. Peter’s Basilica. The two went in to say their prayers. And of course, Jisoo didn’t miss to ask Jennie to marry him again.

 

Lunch’s is at Restaurant La Terrazza dell'Eden, where Italian cuisine and service is superb. They stuffed their hungry and complaining stomachs with authentic Italian pasta. The restaurant has a fantastic (and romantic view) of the city since it was on the top floor of Eden Hotel. The view actually included St. Peter’s Dome and many more.

 

Jisoo and Jennie went to Fontana di Trevi (Trevi Fountain) next, which is said to be the most beautiful fountain in Rome. The main figure in the fountain is Neptune, god of the Sea. Legend has it that if you throw a coin (you have to toss it over your shoulder, not facing the fountain), you are certain to return to Rome. The couple did just that.

 

The two strolled along the busy streets of Roma, and wandered around having the time of their lives… together.

 

And together with Gelato.

 

Who goes to Italy without eating their famous Gelato?

Gelato is just the Italian word for Ice cream, and it originated from the Latin word, Gelātus.

 

Ice Cream.

 

Someone’s happy.
Really, really happy.

 

That someone who goes by the name Kang Jisoo.

 

And Jennie knows she just needs to bring him to the oldest ice cream parlour in Rome, Giolitti. It is a café and pastry shop, which is very famous for its gelato, which has rare flavour’s that include champagne, ricotta cheese and even rice.

 

One Happy Chu.

But still acting like five years old.

 

Still, this is the man I chose to spend my whole life with… Jennie thought. With or without Gelato.

 

Jennie, herself, was immersed eating her Torta alla Fragola – ice cream cake with strawberries when she saw Jisoo pouting like a little boy.

 

“I want another one.” He said. He just finished his second Gelato, a Nocciola (hazelnut). His first was Pistachio.

 

Jisoo was too cute to ignore.

 

“What would you like this time, Chu?” She needed to wipe his mouth with a tissue.

 

“Mmmm, just like yours.” He said like a kid.

 

“If I’m not in love with you, I’m going to Paris alone, Jisoo.” She told him.

 

“I love you.” Jisoo replied with a kiss.

 

He ended eating two more actually.

 

Self-confessed Ice cream addict, that Kang Jisoo.
Now self-confessed Gelato addict, that Kang Jisoo.
For three years and counting, self-confessed Kim Jennie addict, that Kang Jisoo.

 

Dinner is at the exquisite Tiber River Cruise. From S. Angelo Castel, they sailed down the River Tiber onto Tiber Island then back to Risorgimento Bridge.

 

The two enjoyed fine Italian dining on-board a ship while viewing an entirely different background and atmosphere. Truly a romantic and majestic evening.

 

They were too exhausted after a long day. Jisoo and Jennie barely managed to take a shower before hitting the bed to sleep.

 

Jisoo dreamt of NATGEO’s ‘Sharks in Love’ again.

 

 

 

The next morning, they started their itinerary early. It was their last productive day in Italy; they are leaving the next day for France.

 

Jisoo and Jennie went to at least two museums in the morning, Galleria Borghese and Giorgio de Chirico House-Museum.

 

After lunch, they dropped by at the famous Ponte Milvio, it is a bridge over Tiber. Historically, it was an important bridge in the Roman Empire. It had gained popularity in the recent times when it started way back in 2006 when couples started to attach ‘love padlocks’ in a lamppost in Ponte Milvio. After a year, they had to stop this, because the lamppost almost collapsed and the couples attached the padlocks somewhere else. Couples even have to put it in garbage bins. Thanks to the city mayor, steel columns where put up for them to attach the love padlocks.

 

“What should we write, Jennie and Jisoo? Jennie and Chu? Mandu and Chu?” Jennie asked while holding on to a padlock. She brought one. She was ready. “JENSOO?”

 

Jisoo was just okay with it. But he laughed with the recent one that she said, “That’s new…”

 

“Yeah, it’s on top of my head.” She smiled, “Help me, please.”

 

“Jisoo and Jendeukie, I guess.” He replied. “Or Mandu and Chu.”

 

“Okay… Chu and Jendeukie it is.” She concluded.

 

Jisoo scratched his head. It was not one of the choices he gave her.

 

Jennie wrote it in the padlock and the date. Jisoo was the one who attached it to the steel bar.

 

“Let’s go back here and show the kids.” Jisoo told her while taking her hand. “Just remember where we put it.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“Let’s go?” Jisoo told her.

 

“Mmmm?” Jennie remembered she had nothing planned after Ponte Milvio.

 

“Hey, I have places that I wanted to see too.” He smiled.

 

He is up to something. Jennie's gummy smiled. Oh dear, here we go again.

 

They took a taxi going to Monte Mario. It was the highest hills in Rome, on the northwest side of the city. Rome is actually sitting on top of the seven hills.

 

Jisoo made reservations for dinner at this restaurant, Ristorante-Caffe' Lo Zodiaco. Jennie didn’t know how he did it. She didn’t bother to ask anymore. His surprises were out of this world and were deadly romantic. And since, they were on top, the view was simply stunning – Rome in all it’s glory.

 

It was a candlelit dinner for Jisoo and Jennie. It was all romantic and both of them were over the edge the entire dinner.

 

And finally when Jennie came to her senses, she noticed there weren’t any customers that night in the restaurant except them.

 

Oh this man, Jisoo.

 

“Oh, not much guests here, Jisoo.” She played naïve. “But the food’s fantastic, the ambience’s great and the view is like, wow. But why is that no one else is here except us? I wonder why.”

 

They loved playing this game.

 

Jisoo pretending not to be sweet and ignorant

Jennie pretending not to get it as well.

 

He just shrugged.

 

They exchanged doubtful yet meaningful smiles and went back eating.

 

“You want to drink?” He said.

 

“Maybe later.” She answered, “The dessert’s coming any time soon.”

 

“I’m going to the restroom.” He told her.

 

He came back later when he supposedly went to the restroom, holding a guitar.

 

“You’ve never heard me sing, have you?” He asked smiling.

 

“I have.” She said. “We have been together in music shows; award shows…”

 

“Not that…” He cut in.

 

“Okay… not yet.”

 

“I’ll sing for you.” He smiled again. Jisoo's stare was melting Jennie. She couldn’t tell him. Her grip on her spoon was getting tighter and tighter.

 

“Let’s hear it.” She acted cool.

 

So this was the surprise.

 

He basically reserved the entire place.
And, he’s playing the guitar? She didn’t know he knows how to play the guitar.
And wait, he’s going sing? With a guitar?

 

Oh…

 

Jisoo began.

 

It was a freaking love song.
Jisoo was singing her a love song.
He was serenading her.

 

It was Aaron Line’s song: CLOSE

 

Across the miles, it's funny to me

How far away you are, but how near you seem to be

I could talk all night just to hear you breathe

Spend my life just living this dream

You're all I'll ever need

You give me someone to love, someone to hold

I've never been this close

With all the loves I used to know

I kept my distance, yeah, I never let go

But in your arms, I know I'm safe

Cause I've never been held and I've never been kissed in this way

Yeah, you're all I'll ever need

You're all I'll ever need

You give me someone to love, someone to hold

I've never been, I've never been this

Close enough to see it's true

Close enough to trust in you

Closer now than any words can say

And when I'm in your arms

I've never been this close

You give me someone to love, someone to hold

I've never been... I've never been

I've never been... I've never been this close

 

Jisoo can actually sing while playing a guitar.

Wow.
Just wow.

 

“Yah, say something.” Jisoo told her.

 

Jennie began crying. “I hate you.” She threw him her spoon, the one she is holding on too much.

 

“What did I do?”

 

He stood up to pull her for a hug. He whispered, “I guess I’m supposed to sing that when I’m already in the military but the feeling and place felt so right. I love you, Jendeukie. I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Jisoo.” She looked up to him. She sighed, “This trip is pre-goodbye isn’t it?”

 

They looked at each other sadly. It was true what she said. He was going to the military and the holiday slash honeymoon was actually making up for two things: their postponed wedding and his enlistment.

 

He hugged her tightly once more. “I told you, we should get married now.”

 

“Jichu…”

 

“Fine.” He resigned, “After I come back.”

 

That night Jisoo didn’t dream of ‘Sharks in Love’ anymore.

 

They have their own version of ‘Jisoo and Jennie in love’ in their hotel room.

 

 

 

Paris, France

La Ville-Lumière (City of Light)

 

Jennie’s most favourite vacation place is Paris. During her rebellious teenage years, she would go with her friends to Paris. When her sister, Chahee, broke up with her long-time boyfriend, she ‘forced’ her to ease her pain in Paris. She went with Chahee.

 

But she never went with ‘someone’ special except now.

 

“Je t’aime.” Jisoo pulled her in for a kiss. “I practiced that several times… I almost said that while we were in Rome. I forgot it’s French.”

 

“Je t’aime, Jichu.” She smiled, “Hey, how do we take a picture together with Lady Eiffel?”

 

Jisoo and Jennie were in Paris. It’s the third stop of their European trip.

 

SM called this a reward for their special request to Jennie.

YG called this a holiday for Jisoo.

Jisoo and Jennie called this Honeymoon.

 

“Let me take your picture.” Someone said from behind. An old lady, probably in her early seventies, offered to take their picture. She looked like a Halmoni, therefore, Korean.

 

“Oh, Merci.” Jennie gave her their camera.

 

Jisoo and Jennie posed with the Eiffel Tower behind them. Jisoo already overc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter