Hello, Ex Bestfriend

It's You

Echo and Wes were doing some research at the library, they were done with their work since they're both fast worker and fast learner. They decided to chat before their English class ends.

 

 

"So why did you guys decided to transfer schools in the middle of the school year?", Echo asked. Wes played with his fingers on the table, "Well for me, I decided to transfer schools because this school has what I need for my ambition.", he answered.

 

 

"What about Wayne and Dylan?", she asked. "Wayne... Oh, he loves arts and design, our school before doesn't have his interests so he decided to transfer schools with me.", he answered. "I see... you both transferred because of your ambitions... Dylan?", she asked again. 

 

 

"As for Dylan... He doesn't seem to care that much about his future plans. All I know that he came back to Taipei to look for someone.", Wes answered. "Someone? Don't tell me it's a girl?", Echo asked. Wes shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know but when we told him that me and Wayne will transfer schools he immediately said that he'd transfer with us. And he haven't told us the main reason why he decided to transfer and who's that person he's talking about.", he said.

 

 

"So you guys have been friends since your first year of high school?", Echo asked. Wes nodded his head, "So where did you studied in middle school?", she asked. "Wayne and I studied in Dong Han elementary school up until Dong Han Higschool. Dylan studied in Ma Ka Ron elementary school until he transferred to Dong Han Highschool.", he explained.

 

 

"Oh, so you guys don't know Dylan back then?", she asked. Wes shooked his head. "Wait, Dylan studied in Ma Ka Ron when he was younger?", she asked. Wes simply nodded his head, making Echo more interested in Dylan's past, since she knows that Sunnee also studied there.

 

 

"Do you know why he transferred schools?", she asked. "I'll text Wayne, he knows Dylan's past more than me.", Wes said then texted Wayne. After a few minutes Wayne replied making Wes' eyes widen. "Wow, he's so detailed.", he commented as he chuckled. "So, what did Wayne said?", she asked.

 

 

"I'll just read his reply. Dylan transferred to Dong Han Highschool because he was looking for his friend, from what I remember he's looking for his girl best friend. He said that he wanted them to be friends again because they have a broken friendship when they were younger. But he didn't get to find her at our school so here we are.", Wes read Wayne's text.

 

 

Echo became silent. She and Esther knew about Sunnee's past, and she couldn't believe what she just heard. "How would she react if she knows about this?", she asked in her thoughts. "Why did you asked this anyway?", Wes asked. Echo simply smiled, "I'm the school's president so I have the right to know my schoolmate's past so that I won't judge them.", she replied.

 

 

Wes just nodded his head. Before they knew it, their English period was over. Then then went to their next class with Echo worrying over Sunnee.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan, Wes and Wayne left the school as their classes are over. Dylan then smelled a familiar smell and smiled. He walked faster and Wayne and Wes just followed him, already know where he was going. They reached a street food that sells takoyaki, Dylan's favorite Japanese food. 

 

 

"Four pieces of takoyaki, please!", Dylan said. The person who sells takoyaki nodded his head, when a familiar voice called him, "Evan ge! Where's my takoyaki?". Dylan turned to see Sunnee running up to them with a smile. Evan gave her her takoyaki, "Here you go.", he said. 

 

 

Sunnee then observed her takoyaki, "This is my regular order, right?", she asked. "Of course, why would I forget your regular order? You've been buying them since you were younger.", Evan said. Sunnee smiled, "Thanks. Bye, Evan ge!", she said and walked away.

 

 

Dylan just watched her leave and waited for his takoyaki. "She has the same tastes as me... and her as well...", he thought. After a while, he got his takoyaki and left with Wayne and Wes.

 

 

They noticed Dylan got quiet ever since Sunnee arrived. "Dylan, what's wrong?", Wayne asked. "Nothing, it's just that... Sunnee have the same taste as me when it comes to takoyaki... I accidentally remembered my best friend back then...", Dylan said.

 

 

"Your best friend?", Wes asked. Dylan nodded his head as he ate his takoyaki, "Yes, we used to eat takoyaki after classes. And we buy the same takoyaki, I used to buy there too but it seems like they don't remember me.", he explained.

 

 

"Xiao Qing, are you ready to finish ten pieces of takoyaki?", he asked as they got their food. The girl in front of him nodded her head, "Of course, I won't loose to you this time!", she said. The two then ate their takoyaki as fast as they could. The girl finished her takoyaki first before him, "Ha! Xiao Xiong, you lost!", she exclaimed.

 

 

"No fair!", he exclaimed. He then noticed her face dirty because of the sauce of takoyaki. He then wiped the dirt away using his handkerchief.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee arrived at their apartment room after she ate her takoyaki. Echo and Esther were talking as she arrived and didn't notice her.

 

 

"What?! Are you serious? He is Zi Qi?", she heard Esther asked. Curious, she walked closer to them . "Yes, I'm serious.", Echo said. "How are you sure that he is Zi Qi?", Esther asked. "Wes told me about his childhood, and he has the same background as Nee. So it's possible that he's Zi Qi.", Echo explained.

 

 

"Should we let Nee know about this?", Esther asked. Echo shooked her head, "I don't think this is the right time to tell her. Especially since Zi Qi before and him now are totally different. She'll just hate him more.", she said. "But we can't keep this for her that long. Besides, she deserves to know the truth.", Esther said. 

 

 

"I know that, Esther. But how would she react if she finds out about this?", Echo asked. "I don't care. Sunnee deserves to know who Zi Qi is right now.", Esther said.

 

 

"Who is Zi Qi?", Sunnee finally asked. The two of them looked at her in surprise. "Uh... Nee...", Echo tried to say. "Who is Zi Qi?", she repeated the question. Echo gave her a nervous laugh, "Nee, we shouldn't talk about him right now. Remember, he-", she started but Sunnee cut her off. "Echo, tell me the truth. What do you know?", she asked.

 

 

"Zi Qi...", Esther said. Sunnee looked at her while Echo's eyes widened, "No, Esther. Don't tell her yet!", she exclaimed. Esther gave Echo an apologetic look, "Zi Qi is... Dylan...", she finally blurted out. Sunnee became pale when she heard that.

 

 

"Dylan is... Xiao Xiong?", she asked slowly as dazed. She couldn't believe it. That playboy that she hates the most is her ex best friend.