Downfall

It's You

Dylan and Sunnee were following their classmates as they hike. Dylan looked at his surroundings and smiled to himself. "I miss this place...", he said in his thoughts. When he was a child, after his friendship with Xiao Qing ended, he would always spend his time here whenever his family go to Phoenix Village.

 

 

He stopped walking when he bumped into Sunnee. She turned around to glare at him. Dylan noticed that they stopped walking. He didn't know what got into him but he gave her an apologetic look. Sunnee turned her back on him afterwards.

 

 

"Let's take a break! We have a long way to go!", Jiro said. Everyone sat and ate the foods they had with them. Yes, they sat by partners again. It was broad daylight too, and the sunlight was on Dylan and Sunnee's spot.

 

 

Dylan could see that Sunnee was having a hard time eating, as her forehead was covered in sweats and her eyes couldn't take the sunlight. He sighed and took his cap, it was the same cap that has mickey ears on it. He moved a little bit closer to Sunnee, but still give a lot of space because he know she's still angry at him, and puts the cap over her head.

 

 

Sunnee looked at him in surprise. She touched the cap and felt a weird shape in the cap. As she touched the ears, she finally realized that it's the mickey cap. She has one too, but she didn't bring it with her. Her cap however has ribbons on it's ears.

 

 

She frowned when she realized that she'll look girly and childish with this cap. She puts the cap away and Dylan gave her a confused look. "I don't like this cap.", she said. Dylan sighed at this, he knew she will say this. "Look, this is the only way for you not to get too much heat from the sunlight. Wear it and help yourself.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee ignored him and continued eating. He couldn't eat knowing she wasn't taking care of herself. He had no choice but to place the cap back on her head again. "Just do me a favor and not get sick all right? We both don't want to be a burden to each other and at least wearing this cap will prevent you from getting sick.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee stopped eating as she heard his words. She felt her heart beating fast when she heard those sentence again. It was what Dylan always says to her whenever they go on a trip during their kindergarten days and some days on their elementary days. She couldn't help but let her hope get high again. She knew that one day, he will go back to the way he is before.

 

 

---

 

 

They have resumed to walking. Dylan and Sunnee were at the very back of their hike because Sunnee doesn't want to be seen with that mickey cap. The sunlight was getting brighter so she allowed Dylan to be close to her.

 

 

He also carried her not-so-heavy bag during their hike. It was not that heavy like his bag, but he can carry it. But he stopped when Sunnee stopped walking and sat in a rock. He went beside her. He noticed her tired and sweaty face. "What'a wrong?", he asked.

 

 

Sunnee reached for her leg and massaged it lightly. She winced in pain whenever her hand made contact with her leg. Dylan gave her a worried look. "Don't tell me you have a leg injury?", he asked. Sunnee frowned. "So what if I have?", she snapped. Dylan got more worried this time.

 

 

"If you have a leg injury, you could've just told me.", he said. Sunnee scoffed, "For what? So you can laugh at me?", she asked. Dylan scowled at what she said. "No. So that I can look after you better.", he said. Sunnee rolled her eyes at him. "Shut it with you fake concern.", she said.

 

 

Sunnee then got up and tried to walk. But as she made a step, she fell backwards. Dylan's eyes widened when he realized that they're at the cliff. He immediately grabbed her hand and knelt so he could reach her. He held her hand tight as his other hand balanced him and Sunnee. Sunnee looked down and saw that the cliff is deep.

 

 

She started to shake in fear. Dylan felt this cause he was holding her. She looked at him with fear in her eyes. "Sunnee, grab my other hand!", he said as he reached out his hand. Sunnee tried to grab it but her hand is shaking badly. He had no choice but to grab her. But as soon as he grabbed her hand, he lost his balance and fell on the cliff with her.

 

 

As they were falling, Sunnee broke down and cried. Dylan just hugged her as they both closed their eyes. Fear surrounding them as they waited for the ground impact.

 

 

---

 

 

The class took another break once again. Jiro and Pets decided to leave the class for a while and walked around. As they were walking, Pets heard a noise coming from a bush. She stopped walking and listened to it. Jiro, however, was using his phone to take selfies.

 

 

"Jiro, did you hear that?", she asked. Jiro looked at her. "Heard what?", he asked. Pets looked at him. "That noise coming from the bush!", she exclaimed. Jiro then had a serious look on his face. "Oh no. This is bad.", he said

 

 

Pets became more scared now. "J-Jiro... what do you mean?", she asked. "I heard there's monsters in this mountain. And their main targets are female workers that has short hair.", Jiro said in a scary voice.

 

 

Then out of nowhere, something came out of the bush. Pets shrieked at clung into Jiro, who was grinning from ear to ear in victory. He made her scared so she would be close to him. Then they heard a small 'meow'. They looked to see that it was just a cat.

 

 

Pets sighed in relief, while Jiro still had his arms around her. She finally noticed their position and blushed. She broke away from him and glared, as she realized that he scared her on purpose. "Wang Dong Cheng! How dare you take advantage on me?", she snapped. Jiro just laughed at her.

 

 

"Ms. Ceng! Mr. Wang! Dylan and Sunnee are missing!", Wayne said as he saw their teachers. Jiro and Pets had a mortified look on their face and looked at each other. Then they ran back to their recent place.

 

 

---

 

 

Pain and exhausted. That's all Dylan could feel right now. He frowned as he tried to move his hands. But he felt pain as he tried to move his body. He waited for a while until he could no longer feel the pain in his body. He slowly opened his eyes and slowly sat up.

 

 

He groaned and looked around. He was still in the forest. He could see multiple bruises in his arms and there should be more bruises in the other parts of his body as well. His clothes are a little bit torn. Then he looked at his side to see Sunnee unconscious near him.

 

 

He panicked  and crawled to her. As soon as he was on her side, he tried to wake her up by shaking her. "Sunnee... Sunnee wake up!", he shouted. Still, no matter what he does, Sunnee still remains unconscious. He checked her pulse and her heart, it was beating but it was faint.

 

 

He looked at her bruised face helplessly. "Sunnee... please wake up... I need you...", he pleaded then he cried. He then hugged her as he waited for her to gain consciousness.