Their Sickness

It's You

Sunnee, Esther and Echo sat on the bus. Esther and Echo sat beside each other while Sunnee sat alone behind them. Sunnee had her earphones on and listened to music. They were waiting for their other batchmates to arrive. 

 

 

Soon, Dylan, Wayne and Wes arrived on the bus. Wayne and Wes decides to sat across Esther and Echo, thus leaving Dylan no choice but to sat behind them, which is across Sunnee's seat.

 

 

Wes then looked at Dylan, "Why don't you sat beside Sunnee?", he asked. Dylan frowned at him, "I don't want to. Why would I sit beside her?", he said. "I just want you to accompany her that's all. Besides, you're her partner right?", he teased. Dylan glared at him, "You don't have to remind me that.", he snapped.

 

 

"I won't bother you as long as you sit with her.", Wes said. Dylan sighed, "Fine.", He stood up and took the seat beisde Sunnee. Sunnee felt that someone took a seat next to her which made her look. She frowned when she saw it was Dylan. "Go sit somewhere else!", she snapped.

 

 

Dylan gave her an apathetic look, which made Sunnee glare at him. "Leave!", she growled at him. Dylan then sighed, "Look, I wouldn't want to sit beside you either but Wes asked me a favor to do this.", he said, not in the mood to argue with her.

 

 

Sunnee rolled her eyes and looked away from him. "Fine. As long as you won't bother me.", she said. She ignored him after that, while she puts a mask over and her sunglasses on. She hugged her bag as she relaxed herself in her seat.

 

 

Dylan noticed her sudden change of behavior, but something bothered him. "Why did she do that? Why does she reminds me of Xiao Qing?", he asked in his thoughts. Xiao Qing also had this kind of behavior whenever they ride on an aircon bus. She hates the smell of aircon vehicles. Thus, this thought made him get confused with his feelings again.

 

 

"I don't like her, right? She's not my type... And if she's Xiao Qing... No, Xiao Qing is a good girl who never curse in her life. Sunnee can't be Xiao Qing, she's a tomboy freak and Xiao Qing is a good nerdy girl... Yeah, that's it...", he thought with an unreadable expression in his face.

 

 

But somehow, he couldn't help but notice the similarities between them. "The way Sunnee ate her takoyaki... the way she held that lollipop, her glare that she gave me when I ripped her diary... and her behavior today...", Dylan thought but then shrugged his thoughts. 

 

 

Then he felt something in his shoulder. He looked to see Sunnee sound asleep. He noticed that her sunglasses will fall down in any minute so he took it off of her nose. He stared at her face, and he felt his heart race. Dylan didn't notice his beating heart and just stared at her.

 

 

"The way she sleeps... Is how Xiao Qing sleeps too... But they can't be the same person.", he said in his thoughts. Then he finally noticed his racing heart and slightly frowned at the feeling. "I can't like her.", he muttered. He then sighed and let her sleep as they waited for them to arrive at where the ships were.

 

 

---

 

 

Pets and Jiro stood in front. "You guys will sit by partners. Because if one of you got harmed or anything, your partner is your responsibility.", Jiro said. Dylan and Sunnee inwardly groaned. "First he sat next to me, then here we'll sit next each other again. Next, we're roommates, why am I so unlucky?", Sunneee demanded in her thoughts. 

 

 

They started to get on the ship, and Sunnee was starting to get worried while Dylan was starting to get nervous. She knew Dylan has seasick and he'll get an headache if he stayed longer in the water.

 

 

She then sighed as they both sat. Dylan was next to the window this time and he layed his head on the window as he was starting to feel dizzy. He feel that he was about to vomit anytine but ignored and controlled it. Sunnee noticed this and sighed.

 

 

She took his hand and massaged his palm. Dylan was suprised at what she did. "What do you think you're doing?", he snapped at her while he frowned when he looked at her. Sunnee shot him a look. "Hey, if you're seasick you could've just told me. And I'm not taking an advantage on you, I'm only helping you get through this ride without looking like a sick raccoon.", she told him.

 

 

Dylan sighed as he let her massaged his palm. "How did you know how to massage this anyway?", he asked. Sunnee almost froze when he asked that. "I... I had a friend who's seasick too.", she told him. This caught Dylan's attention. "Esther? or Echo?", he asked. Sunnee bit her lip as her heart ached, "None of them. That person used to be a friend of mine.", she said.

 

 

Though she was focusing her eyes on his hand, he could see the same pain and hatred look in her eyes. "Sunnee... Please tell me you're not Xiao Qing...", he said in his thoughts. They both became silent after that. Soon, both of them fell asleep while Sunnee still had Dylan's hand.

 

 

---

 

 

They finally reached Phoenix Village. As they walk, Jiro and Pets were observing Sunnee and Dylan, who was in front of them. "I think they're getting along with each other.", Jiro said. Pets let out a chuckle. "I doubt that.", she said. Jiro then grinned at her, "Let's make a bet.", he said.

 

 

Pets looked at him, "What bet?", she asked. Jiro looked at Dylan and Sunnee then looked back at her with a wide grin. "If those two became friends after this fieldtrip, you will have a date with me.", he said. "And what if those two didn't became friends?", she asked. Jiro smirked, "Then I'll ask you to be my girlfriend.", he said.

 

 

Pets got a tick mark on her head, she knew Jiro has feelings for her, and he's using Dylan and Sunnee as an advantage. "I won't accept this bet.", she said. Jiro pouted at her, "But you already asked if I loose on the bet, which means you accepted it!", he whined. Pets could only sigh in defeat.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan and Sunnee stood at the entrance of their room. They were staring at the bed, which is the only bed in the room. Sunnee frowned at this, and headed towards the bed. "I'll sleep here, and you'll sleep on the floor.", she said. 

 

 

Dylan shot her a glare, "No, you'll sleep on the floor and I'll sleep on the bed.", he said. Sunnee rolled her eyes, "Some kind of a guy you are.", she muttered, but loud enough for him to hear. Dylan scowled at her, "Then how about we'll both sleep on the bed?", he suggested bitterly. Sunnee's eyes widened at this, "Hell no!", she exclaimed.

 

 

"Look, we both want to sleep on the bed. Besides, I'm not going to do anything to you. Like I said before, I'm not interested in you. And not to mention, we're going to fit in the bed since we're both not that fat.", Dylan said. Sunnee glared at him. "Stupid bear, it's easy for him to say that because he's a guy.", she said in her thoughts.

 

 

Soon, they arranged their things in silence. Both giving each other a glance, but not at the same time. Dylan was glancing at her since he still can't get that thought of her being Xiao Qing. While Sunnee was glancing at him to check if he wasn't trying to do anything to her.