Detention

It's You

"Good morning!", Dylan shouted to his friends as he sat to his seat, which is apparently next to Sunnee. Wes and Wayne was surprised to see him in a good mood. They gave him a confused look. Dylan noticed this and raised his eyebrow, "What?", he asked.

 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be in a bad mood?", Wayne asked. Dylan chuckled and glanced at Sunnee who was playing with her uneaten lollipop, "Why should I be in a bad mood? I won't let that moment ruin my love of my favorite sport. Right, Sunnee?", he asked as he smirked.

 

 

Sunnee glared at him, "Shut up, you stupid bear.", she hissed. Dylan just smirked at her, but his smirk slowly faded once Sunnee opened her lollipop, it was watermelon flavored. He watched her as she puts the lollipop in .

 

 

A scene flashed before his mind, he clenched his fist as the memory went back to him.

 

 

"Xiao Xiong!", a girl shouted as she run to him. He smiled at her, ignoring the feeling of sadness overtaking his heart. "Xiao Qing! Long time no see.", he said to her. She rolled her eyes at him playfully, "We see each other all the time, stop saying that!", she said to him. He just smiled at her.

 

 

However, the girl noticed the sadness in his eyes. "Are you okay?", she asked him. He nodded his head. The girl gave him a look and sighed, "Here, take this.", she said as she grabbed something from her pocket. She then gave him a lollipop with his favorite flavor. He smiled, "Why do you always have lollipops with you?", he asked.

 

 

"I carry them around because I know you get sad instantly without having any reason at all.", she said to him. He smiled and hugged her, "Thank you! Your the best of bestfriends!", he exclaimed happily. The girl laughed and hugged him back.

 

 

Sunnee noticed Dylan staring at her, "What?", she snapped at him. Dylan then blinked a couple of times before looking away. She wondered why Dylan is acting this way, "Well, this is none of my business.", she thought to herself.

 

 

"It's been over seven years. Why am I still affected with the things related to her?", he asked in his thoughts. He sighed, "I never thought that we would end up like this, her hating on me. I wish I could take back all the things I did to her before... I miss her...", he said in his thoughts sadly.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee was sleeping during their History period, which is very unusual for her. This went unnoticed by their History teacher, Calvin Chen, who was discussing their lesson. Dylan looked at his desk boredly, "Why are History classes so boring?", he asked in his thoughts. It was dead silent in their room since Calvin hates talking during his discussion.

 

 

He looked at Sunnee, when an evil idea came into his mind. He slowly dragged his chair with himself near her seat. He then pinched Sunnee on her waist, making her flinch in her sleep. He smirked at her reaction and decided to pinch her once more. But when he pinched her, Sunnee suddenly woke up with tired eyes and glared at him, "What the hell, Dylan?", she whispered.

 

 

Calvin then looked at the two, "Is there any problem, Ms. Yang and Mr. Xiong?", he asked. Sunnee gave him a forced smile, "Nothing, Mr. Chen.", she said. Calvin then procceeded to teach his lesson. Sunnee glared at Dylan while he smirked at her.

 

 

Sunnee tried to pay attention to the lesson but she couldn't. Dylan kept bothering her by pinching her waist, tickling her neck, or poking her cheek. Sunnee finally had enough and stood up from her seat surprising everyone, "Will you stop it, you stupid bear?!", she shouted. 

 

 

Calvin gave her a stern look, "What's happening, Ms. Yang?", he asked. "This guy kept bothering me so I couldn't listen to your lesson!", she said as she pointed to Dylan. Calvin looked at him, "Is that true, Mr. Xiong?", he asked. "I was only doing that to prevent her from sleeping in your class.", Dylan responded. 

 

 

Calvin gave Sunnee a look. "I wasn't sleeping!", she exclaimed. Calvin sighed, "You two, come to my room after your last period. You have a detention.", he said. Sunnee and Dylan glared at each other, "This is all your fault!", they said in their thoughts.

 

 

---

 

 

After their last period, Dylan and Sunnee went back to Calvin's classroom. Both of them sat far from each other when Calvin arrived. "Seat beside each other.", he ordered them. Sunnee looked at Dylan with hatred in her eyes, "I don't want to seat next to him.", she said. Calvin gave her a stern look, "Ms. Yang. Now.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee sighed as got up from her seat, stomping angrily and sat next to Dylan who ignored her. "Sunnee, I know this is your first time sleeping in my class. I'm expecting that you won't do that next time. But you still have to be punished for your actions.", Calvin told her. Sunnee became silent.

 

 

Calvin then looked at Dylan, "As for you, Mr. Xiong. I know that you have good intentions by keeping her awake, but please do it in a proper way. And like Sunnee, you also have to be punished for your actions.", he told him. However, Dylan doesn't care, it's not that it's his first time having a detention.

 

 

"As for your punishment, you two will arrange the chairs and tables in the library and place the books on their proper bookshelves. I'll ask someone to look out for the two of you so that you won't escape.", Calvin told them. Sunnee rolled her eyes, "As if I quit in my life problems.", she said in her thoughts.

 

 

Calvin lead them to the library and left the two. The librarian, Bernice Cai, was there to look out for them. Sunnee went to the tables were there are a lot of books, while Dylan started to arrange the chairs and tables. The two did their work in silence.

 

 

After an hour, they were almost done with their work. Sunnee struggled to put the last book at the shelf, while Dylan just finished arranging the last table and went to her. "Guess I'll be going home first." he said to her. Sunnee glared at him, "No, you'll stay with me until I'm done.", she snapped at him.

 

 

"Oh? Don't tell me you're trying to flirt with me? I'm sorry but I'm not interested.", Dylan said as he smirked. Sunnee fumed at what he said, "You're not even my type!", she shouted at him. "Hey, don't shout at a library.", he scolded her. Sunnee rolled her eyes. She then adjusted the other book so that the book that she was holding would fit in, only to have the books fall at her. Dylan saw this and acted in action.

 

 

He immediately hugged her and putted his hand over her head so that the books won't hit her head. Sunnee covered her face so that the books wouldn't damage her face. Dylan flinched in pain as a lot of books had an impact with his hands. The two stayed in that position until there are no falling books. Dylan immediately let go off her and looked at her, while Sunnee slowly moved her hand hand from her face and looked at him in shock.