Friends

It's You

Dylan putted Sunnee down when she told him to do so. It was already ten in the morning, and they still haven't got out of the mountain. They couldn't remember the way they went to back then. Sunnee looked at his bruise on his right shoulder that was now bleeding badly.

 

 

Sunnee looked through her bag to see if there's something that could stop the bleeding on Dylan's bruise. She sighed in relief when she saw a handkerchief. She stood up and hold his arm.

 

 

Dylan looked at her in surprise. "What?", he asked. Sunnee ignored him and puts her handkerchief on his shoulder, but she did it gently and carefully. "I don't know if this will help the bleeding stop. But it's enough for it not to get infected.", she said. Dylan looked at his shoulder then back at her and let out a smile.

 

 

Sunnee only smiled back. Then she stood up and held into his arm, as she was having a hard time to walk by herself. "I thought you're taking a rest?", he asked. "I only asked you to put me down so I can prevent your bruise from bleeding badly. I can still walk and rest later you know.", she said.

 

 

Dylan smiled a little, and helped her walk. As they were walking, they heard footsteps. "I think someone's here.", he whispered. They both looked to see people in a police suit. "Help!", Dylan called. The police heard him and went to them.

 

 

Two police officers carried Sunnee after Dylan explained their situation. The polices took them away from the mountain and headed back to the village.

 

 

---

 

 

Three hours later.

 

 

Echo, Esther, Wayne, and Wes rushed to the only hospital Phoenix Village has. Pets and Jiro told them to come to the hospital and that they will wait for them there. They were curious as well.

 

 

They found their teachers at the waiting area. They went up to them with confused and worried faces. Jiro looked at them with a small smile. "Dylan and Sunnee have been found.", he said. The four of them sighed in relief. But Pets looked at them with a sad look. "But they have bruises in their bodies and Sunnee is in a critical condition because of her leg injury.", she said.

 

 

Esther and Echo looked at each other then back to them. "Can we see her?", they asked. Jiro shooked his head. "Not for now. Let's wait for the doctors to tell us if we can finally see them.", he said.

 

 

Wes lead Echo and both of them sat down beside Jiro while Wayne lead Esther and both sat down beside Pets. All they could do right now is wait.

 

 

 

At Sunnee's hospital room. Room #8.

 

 

Dylan watched as the doctor and nurses fixed up their things as they were done treating her leg injury. The doctor looked at him. "Are you a family member?", he asked. Dylan shooked his head. "I'm... I'm her friend.", he said.

 

 

"We couldn't operate her legs for now. But I ask you to prevent her from getting her leg in pain again. If this happens again, the only solution is to operate her leg. By operation, it means that we will put the broken bones back together, since some of her bones in her legs are broken already.", the doctor said.

 

 

Dylan's eyes widened with that. "... I'll make sure her leg injury won't act up again.", he said. The doctor nodded his head and left with the nurses. He looked at Sunnee who was currently unconscious right now. "She loves soccer... How can she enjoy the thing that she loves the most now?", he asked in his thoughts. 

 

 

Dylan sat beside the bed, looking at Sunnee with worried look. He knew Sunnee is also stubborn, and won't accept the fact that there's a possibility that she can't play soccer for a long time. After a few minutes, he saw her eyebrows furrowed, a sign that she will gain consciousness.

 

 

Sunnee slowly opened her eyes. The first thing that she saw was the white ceiling. As soon as she inhaled, she knew she was at the hospital. She blinked twice. "You're awake...", Dylan said.

 

 

She looked beside her to see him with a small smile on his face. "How did I end up here?", she asked. Dylan chuckled. "The police officers were bringing us here. And you fainted at the sight of the ambulance.", he explained. Sunnee blushed in embarrasment.

 

 

Dylan laughed at her red face. "It's okay. Everyone has their own fears.", he said. Sunnee just looked at him. "Don't tell this to anyone.", she threatened him. Dylan made a teasing look. "Hm... about that...", he started but Sunnee gave him a death glare. He smiled at her. "Of course I won't tell that to anyone.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee sighed in relief. Then Dylan held her hand that was on her side. "I won't let anything happen to you ever again. Ever since that 'disaster', I promised myself that I'll protect you.", he told her. Sunnee felt herself blush. "W-what are you saying?", she stuttered.

 

 

Dylan smiled at her. "I realized that my life won't be the same without you. I don't want to lose you. I can't imagine my life without you, your glares or your insults at me. I got used with that attitude of yours, and it makes my day bad, but also good because you're the only person I looked forward to see everyday. You... you became important to me.", he said.

 

 

Sunnee blushed even more, but then she frowned at him. "Who are you and what have you done to that stupid bear?", she asked. Dylan chuckled at her. "I'm still that stupid bear.", he told her. Sunnee just stared at him with still a blush on her face. "T-then why are you saying this?", she stuttered again.

 

 

"If it wasn't for my friend. I won't realize and say these things. She's right, she knew that you will became an important part of my life. That's why she told me to be more understanding and be more nice to you.", he told her. 

 

 

Then he stood up from his seat and hugged her. "Sunnee, I know this is very sudden for the two of us. I'll let you adjust to my personality. We can start of as friends, and then slowly and hopefully, we can learn to love each other more.", he said and hugged her in gentle.

 

 

Sunnee couldn't believe it. She wasn't expecting that he would feel the same way. But she knew that she has to tell him who she is, so that her fear will go away. For now she could only smile faintly, but didn't hugged him back.

 

 

Dylan felt her relaxed and he smiled. "Qing Er Mei Mei... Thank you for giving me that advice... I promise to take care of her.", he said in his thoughts. Then he pulled from their hug. He stared at her face that still has a blush on it.

 

 

"So... are we friends now?", he asked. Sunnee gave him a small smile and nodded her head. He hugged her again whilst she hugged back. What they didn't know that Jiro was watching them the whole time and he was smiling.