Similarities

It's You

After arranging their things, Sunnee found Esther and Echo who was outside taking pictures. She joined them. "Hey guys!", she greeted them. They turned to see Sunnee and smiled. "Hey, Nee!", they greeted back.

 

 

"How's your day?", Echo asked. Sunnee huffed, "Still not comfortable being Dylan's partner. But other than that, everything's okay.", Sunnee said. Echo sighed in relief, "That's good to hear.", she said.

 

 

"Let's take pictures?", Esther asked as she held her phone. Esther smiled cutely, Echo pouted and Sunnee crossed-eye while sticking her tongue out. As soon as Esther clicked the camera button, Wes, Wayne and Dylan appeared behind them. Wes was smiling, Wayne had a peace finger and Dylan scrunch up his nose.

 

 

The girls turned around when they saw them. Wayne and Wes gave them an energetic smile while Dylan only smiled at Esther and Echo then scowled at Sunnee. Sunnee noticed this and ignored him. She focused on the nature. Dylan stared at her face, and noticed how soft her features was. "She looked pretty feminine if you stared at her.". He then felt his heart race as he stared at her.

 

 

"No, you can't feel this way, Dylan.", he reminded himself in his thoughts . "You came back here in Taiwan to find Xiao Qing, not to fall in love.", he said in his thoughts. Dylan looked away from her as soon as Sunnee turned to face them.

 

 

"Okay class, we'll head to the martial arts house now! Please fall in line.", Pets shouted. They all went to their teachers. Sunnee wasn't interested in learning their culture so she asked Esther to take down notes for her.

 

 

---

 

 

After two hours, they are now having dinner at the place they were staying. Jiro was dragging Pets to Sunnee's table where she and her friends including Wes, Wayne and Dylan were sitting at. "Why do we have to sit with them?", Pets demanded.

 

 

"Aiyo, I'm interested on how they communicate with each other with their friends around.", Jiro said with a wide grin. Pets could only sigh as she let him drag her. They reached the table. "Hello! Can we sit with you guys?", Jiro asked.

 

 

The six of them looked at each other before nodding their heads. Jiro and Pets noticed their seating arrangement. Wes and Echo sat next to each other while Wayne sat beside Wes and Esther. Sunnee sat next to Echo but to her dismay, Dylan was beside her.

 

 

Jiro decided to seat in between Echo and Sunnee, with him dragging Pets on his side. His action made Sunnee move closer to Dylan who frowned and move away lightly from her. There was an awkward silence between them until Wayne decided to break it.

 

 

"Uh, Ms. Ceng and Mr. Wang. Why did you want to sit with us?", he asked politely. Jiro smiled at him, "Well, we just wanted to check if those two friends of yours will fight again or not.", he said. Everyone knew they were talking about Dylan and Sunnee. 

 

 

"Relax, Ms. Ceng and Mr. Wang. We won't let these two fight or wreck things again.", Echo reassured them. "By the way, Dylan told me that there'a only one bed in your room. So what's your plan, Sunnee?", Wes asked. Jiro and Pets eyes widened at that.

 

 

They looked at Sunnee who was smirking. "I'll take the bed while that stupid friend of yours sleeps on the floor.", she said. Dylan glared at her, "I thought we've talked about this? We're going to sleep together in the bed!", he demanded. This made everyone choke.

 

 

Sunnee still smirked at him, "Yes we've talked about it. But did you even hear me agree to it?", she asked. Dylan growled at stomped her foot. Sunnee flinched in pain and glared at him. Jiro chuckled at this, making them look at him. "What's so funny, Jiro?", Pets asked.

 

 

Jiro looked at the two with a teasing look, "You know. You guys looked like a couple having a lovers quarrel.", he said. Dylan felt his heart race when he thought if him and Sunnee in a relationship, but cancelled that thought. Sunnee fake coughed, showing that she doesn't like him.

 

 

Pets could only giggle to herself as she looked at the two. Truth to say, she also shipped Dylan and Sunnee  And whoever she ships, will definitely end up together.

 

 

---

 

 

Sunnee was looking at something inside her backpack as she sat on the other side of the bed. She and Dylan were in their room now. She was staring at her ripped diary, that she intentionally bought. She was looking for a place where Dylan couldn't see it.

 

 

Dylan on the other hand, was listening to his mp3 player. Yes, he didn't surrender it and he hid it well. He's not only a heart breaker, but also a rule breaker. Sunnee notice this and frowned. As a friend of the school's president, she felt guilty of having him as her roommate.

 

 

She turned to him and pulled his earphones off. Dylan was startled at her sudden action and glared at her. "What was that for?!", he exclaimed. Then he noticed his earphones in her hands. "Give that back!", he demanded.

 

 

Sunnee gave him a look, "No.", she said. Dylan had a tick mark on his head. Then he tried to grab it, but Sunnee was quick and moved away. They continued like that until Dylan pinned her on the bed. Sunnee was shocked at their position.

 

 

He was still glaring at her as he tried to reach for his earphones which is at her side. When he got it, he smiled in relief. But the smile on his face disappeared, when Sunnee kicked him on his stomach. He flinched and rolled at the other side of the bed.

 

 

"What was that for?!", he asked angrily. Sunnee sat up and glared at him. "That's for pinning me on the bed, you stupid bear!", she exclaimed. Dylan gave her an apathetic look, "Oh please. Like I'd do anything to you.", he scoffed.

 

 

Sunnee continued to glare at him until she broke her gaze. She then layed on the bed, turned to her side and stared at her backpack that was beside their bed. She felt her eyelids get heavy until she fell asleep.

 

 

Dylan stopped listening to music and turned off his mp3 player. He then layed on the bed. He wanted to sleep early bit he was still wide awake. He stared at the ceiling as he overthink again. 

 

 

"Xiao Qing would always stop me from breaking the rules too.", he thought. When they were younger, Xiao Qing is always the one who prevents him from breaking rules. But when their friendship ended, he started to break the rules, which he found it fun. He knew she would get angry if she knew that he's a rule breaker now.

 

 

Sunnee turned to her other side as she doesn't feel comfortable in her previous position, but stayed alseep. Dylan sighed and turned to his side, then his eyes widened when he saw Sunnee's face near his.

 

 

Somehow, he couldn't help but stare at her sleeping face. But this time, he felt himself smiling. "How can someone as bold as you have an angelic face when she's sleeping?", he asked in his thoughts.

 

 

He continued to stare at her, before he knew it, he fell alseep. While they were sleeping, Dylan's hands move on it's own and hugged Sunnee. Sunnee on the other hand, was in her dream world. She thought she was hugging a bear and cuddled with it. But in reality, she was cuddling Dylan. Silence filled their room with their soft snores.