The Diary

It's You

Esther was humming a song happily as she fixed her things that would be needed for her classes. She then noticed a familiar notebook and stared at it for a while. She then saw Sunnee's name in front of the notebook, written in small letters, "Sunnee's diary!", she exclaimed in her thoughts.

 

 

Then she went back to their room for their first period. Still, Sunnee hasn't arrived yet. "I couldn't just leave her diary in her desk, someone will find it.", she said in her thoughts. She went to her seat and waited for everyone to come.

 

 

Minutes later half of her classmates arrived including Dylan, Wes and Wayne. She knows Echo is having a meeting with their school principal. She then decided to head outside for a while before class starts in a few minutes. 

 

 

She didn't noticed that Sunnee arrived as soon as she left their room. Sunnee took her seat and stared at the window. "Why am I in a bad mood lately? Oh right, because my ex besftfriend is here... What should I do to make myself happy?", she asked in her thoughts. 

 

 

Then she smiled as she remembered something, "Xiao Lan Xiong... I missed you...", she said in her thoughts. Dylan glanced at her and saw her smiling lighlty, "Crazy tomboy.", he muttered. Then an evil idea came into his mind.

 

 

He walked over to her and took the seat beside her, "Hey, what's with the smile?", he asked. Sunnee snapped out of her thoughts and glared at him, "It's none of your business.", she snapped at him.

 

 

"It does matter."

"Why is that?"

"Your smile is the most disgusting thing ever. No one would want to see that smile of yours."

 

 

Sunnee felt her heart ache, but glared at him. "Well, I don't care if my smile isn't worth seeing. At least I'm happy, what about you? You're smiling yet behind that smile is that ty attitude of yours. No one would like to see a fake smile with a flirtatious meaning.", she snapped at him.

 

 

This time, Dylan glared at her. As on cue, Esther came back and noticed the little fight between them. She approached them with a small frown. "Dylan, can you please stop bothering Sunnee?", she asked as she looked at him.

 

 

Dylan looked plainly at her and turned around, but not before shotting another glare at Sunnee. As he left, Esther turned to Sunnee with a worried look. "Nee, are you okay?", she asked. Sunnee let out a smile, "I'm okay.", she said. Despite her smile, she could see the pain in her eyes, making her wonder what happened between them.

 

 

---

 

 

Wayne carried Esther's books as they head on their next period, which is Computer Graphics. They were having a chat. "Are you excited for our fieldtrip?", he asked her. Esther nodded her head, "I am, but I'm scared of mountain hiking.", she said.

 

 

"Why?", he asked. "I'm scared. Because what if there are beasts there? Or snakes? I don't want to hike.", she said. Wayne looked at her as they walked. "Who's your partner by the way?", he asked. "Echo, I want to be Nee's partner but then she was paired up with that friend of yours.", she said.

 

 

"Why do you want to be Sunnee's partner? And why does it sound like you hate Dylan?", he asked with a confused face. Then Esther stopped walking, which made Wayne stop too, "I forgot my ballpen in our room!", she exclaimed then run back to their room.

 

 

Wayne followed her, but before he could enter, Esther, who had her ballpen now, bumped into him as the books for his hand fell. Esther had a mortified look on her face, "I'm sorry Wayne!", she exclaimed. Wayne smiled as he picked up the books. Then he stoop up, "It's alright. We should go now before we get late for our next class.", he said.

 

 

Esther smiled and left with him. "So my first answer to your first question. Sunnee knows how to deal with wild animals so I want her to be my partner. For your second question, I can't answer that.", she said. Wayne could only pout as he pestered her to answer his question. As they left, you could see a yellow diary near the door 

 

 

---

 

 

Wayne covered his ears as Esther screamed. They were having lunch at the cafeteria, so Esther's scream made everyone look at them. Echo could only gave an apologetic smile to their schoolmates and covered Esther's mouth. "Stop shouting, you're disturbing everyone.", she scolded.

 

 

Esther stopped and sighed with a nervous look on her face, "What's with that face, Esther?", Wes asked. Esther couldn't answer him, because she didn't want him to know her friend's secret. 

 

 

Esther sighed and looked at Echo for help. Echo knew it and sighed, "She lost Sunnee's important thing while heading to her next class. She's afraid someone could see it before Sunnee does.", she said.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan decided to have lunch at their homeroom room. Before he got inside, he stepped into something. He unstepped it and look at it with curious look. He picked it up then went to his assigned seat. He then ate his lunch.

 

 

"Who in their right mind would leave their diary at random places?", he asked in his thoughts as he stared at it. He knew it was wrong to read someone's personal diary, but this diary has something that made him want to read it.

 

 

He couldn't contain himself. As he finished his lunch, he found himself opening the diary, then he found himself about to read the first page of the diary. He found the handwriting familiar, as this page was written seven years ago. 

 

 

Before he could read it, someone snatched the diary making him startled. He turned to see Sunnee with a darkest glare in her face, "How dare you read my diary?!", she shouted at him. A sly smirk formed in his face, "Ah, our school's tomboy has a diary? So girly!", he teased.

 

 

Sunnee fumed, before Dylan know it, he found himself on the floor, rubbing his throbbing head. "Why you little!", he exclaimed before punching her on her stomach. Sunnee flinched a little but pinched his ear, while he screamed in pain.

 

 

"I'm sorry, Xiao Xiong... I know this is your weak spot, but I'm taking my revenge now.", she said in her thoughts as she pinched his ear harder. Dylan growled in pain then stomped her foot. Sunnee accidentally dropped her diary and let go of his ear as she held her foot in pain.

 

 

Dylan then grabbed her diary, whilst Sunned had a mortified look on her face. "Don't you dare!", she warned him. Dylan gave her an angry look, but smirked. Despite his aching ear, he showed the diary to her face and opened it at the middle page. 

 

 

Sunnee's eyes widened as she saw the page, it has a picture of them both. Before she knew it, Dylan ripped her diary into two, then dropped her now ripped diary. Sunnee stood there in shock, as their memory flooded her mind again. 

 

 

Dylan smirked as he saw her face filled with mixed emotions. Then, Sunnee came back to her senses before grabbing her ripped diary. As she held it, she shot him her glare that made him froze. He looked at her eyes, and saw pain and hatred in it. He suddenly remembered Xiao Qing, who gave him the same look before their friendship ended.