Chapter 16

HE'S NOT MY SON..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoong’s POV

 

The door slowly opens.

 

Here it is. This is the moment.

 

Yes? No? What will she answer?

 

Once Jessica’s inside, she became stunned when she saw me.

 

"Why are your clothes like that?" she asked.

 

"Why? Am I too handsome?" I teased even though my hands are cold from nervousness.

 

She stared at me from head to toe, "Is that a uniform? I thought you’re a bartender? Why do you look like a waiter?" 

 

D-do I really look like a waiter right now? Seriously? I spent a lot of time choosing this suit and tie.

 

No. Chill out Yoong. Even though she doesn’t like your appearance today, it doesn’t mean that you’ll fail. There is still hope, Yoong. You were once the God of the Playboys. So proceed to the next move.

 

"Can I invite you for a date today?" I asked.

 

"It’s already late. It’s dangerous outside," she replied.

 

"We won’t be going out though."

 

"Huh?" she asked, totally confused.

 

I smiled at her. "Come," I said and pulled her going to the back of their house. They have a garden there so I set up a romantic dinner table with many fairy lights around the flower plants and trees. There are rose petals on the ground and candle lights as a guide going to the dinner table.

 

Hyungs and Krystal also started playing romantic music as a background and they left. 

 

"Yoongi helped me set these all up so you should not waste it. If you don’t want him to cry, you should agree on dating me." I told her who is still looking at the garden.

 

"You really like blackmailing me." she said while glaring at me.

 

"I’ll take that as a yes." I said and held her hand to guide her to the table.

 

She’s just in her school uniform but why does she look so gorgeous in my eyes?

 

When we were already seated, I called someone.

 

"Waiter." I called then there walked out Yoongi wearing a waiter costume while carrying a bouquet of tulips.

 

"For you ma’am. Have a nice date." he said while giving the flowers to Jessica.

 

"You even made my son to become a waiter." she said after receiving the flowers. Tsk. Instead of saying thanks, that’s what she’ll say. Aigoo this woman is really hard to please.

 

 "Correction Ms. Jung which I want to be Mrs. Im, OUR son." I said while grinning. She froze and looked away. I saw her red face. Yes! So she’s flattered.

 

"Waiter!" I called once again. Yoongi appeared again while pushing a tray cart containing our food. He put the dish in front of Jessica and me and left after.

 

I gulped and started my speech.

 

"I cooked the food that is now in front of you. That is my new specialty and you will be the first person to eat it and the only one who can eat it. That dish in front of you, I named it, "Everything". I named it that way because every feeling that I have for you, I put them in there. You’ll be the only one to eat it because you’re the only one who I am willing to give my everything. Because now Jessica, you’re my everything. I know it sounds lame but I hope that you’ll accept my everything." I finished my speech. 

 

She looked at the food for a while and started talking.

 

"Your everything? I know any girl won’t be able to reject if she was offered everything by a man. I think no one can reject your offer, Mr. Playboy." she said while smiling at me. So does this mean..

 

I was about to smile widely when she began talking again.

 

"Any girl would never reject you. Except if that girl has her own everything." she continued.

 

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

 

"I hate to ruin the moment since we just took our seat but I know where all of this is going.   I'm sorry Mr. Playboy but I have to leave," she said. She was about to walk away but I held her wrist.

 

"Why? Why will you leave? What did you mean before? Girl with her own everything? Just tell me directly." 

 

She looked into my eyes and said, "Yoong, I’m with Taecyeon now." 

 

I turned completely blank after hearing that.

 

I’m expecting a Yes or No but why this? Why am I hearing this now? I’m prepared to be rejected but not this way. Not this ing way.

 

"Taecyeon? Your classmate that I met before?" I asked while looking at her,

 

"Yes." she replied without thinking twice.

 

"H-how come you’re with him now? Didn’t you agree with me courting you? You accepted right? Why are you with him suddenly? I thought that when you agreed, even just for a little, you have feelings for me. But why is it like this now?"

 

"I let you court me but I didn’t say that you were the only one courting me, right? I don't want to say this to you but from the looks of it, I think I have to say this for you to understand." She took a deep breath and touched my right cheek to look directly at my eyes. "I said yes to you that night, I let you court me because I pity you. What I felt for you at that time was a plain pity... and not love." she continued.

 

It seems like something struck my heart. A heavy pointy thing struck my heart.  I touched my chest to check if there’s a wound or blood, but there’s none. There’s nothing but it hurts.

 

"Pity? that’s what you felt for me? You never liked me in any way? I never made your heartbeat faster?"

 

She shook her head.

 

There. Anot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter