Misfortune

Mutual Redamancy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LIGHT DRIZZLES OF THE RAINDROPS TAPPED AGAINTS THE WINDOW TO HIS GRANDMOTHER'S LIVING ROOM as he had sprawled himself on one the wide couches. Jaemin lifted his head only from the pillow under his neck and bit his lip. It was raining outside and Renjun had just texted him that he was on his way to Jaemin's place. Hitching up to a sitting position, Jaemin then slumped his shoulders, before getting up and fetch himself a class of water in the kitchen.

He was sipping on the cup, as he had his charging phone in hand. As the device vibrated, Jaemin of course opened the notification, only to bring the ceramic glass away from his lips and read what the person on twitter had tagged him on. The brunet had a quick look around, before scanning back to his screen.

        

        

        

        

        

        


A dozen of pins stabbed through his chest, slowly piercing from the top to the bottom of his heart. His stomach churn, in a sensation that he loathed, just flipping and flipping over in dizzy circles. Loud blaring pangs smash his head, then dispersed in aching echoes and penetrated his consciousness.

In his luck, the ring of the front door saved him.

Jaemin groaned lowly. He grabbed his phone from the charging wire, ruffled his hair and walked to the front. Behind the door stood Renjun, looking quite pissed as his ginger hair damped under the drizzle and of course wetting his pair of jeans and his red sweater. The brunet giggled, only to get clashed by Renjun's thin shoulders to his, as the older welcomed inside of the warm home himself.

After Jaemin had tossed him a pair of dry shorts and a simple t-shirt, the two slumped themselves in the living room, just where Jaemin had been a few minutes before the other's arrival. Renjun had jumped on to the widest sofa, leaving the brunet to roll his eyes and settled himself on the carpeted floor, just by the short table.

The television was on, but the two had buried themselves in a good conversation. Renjun stuffed the matching pillow of the sofa to his face, as he giddily giggled.

"So is this how you feel like every time with Jeno?" The older mumbled, cheeks quite flushed in dusty pink as he hid behind the pillow.

"Well, I guess so."

Renjun clicked his tongue, "You guess so?" He laughed, "Chenle a few days ago might've just confessed his feelings for me. It's mutual."

The brunet's eyes widen, "So you guys are official?"

"We're taking it slow." Renjun said, resting his cheek on his palm, "And I'm more than fine by that."

"Mutual, huh?" Jaemin muttered, pulling his knees to his chest, "Wonder how that feels."

"What the Na Jaemin," Renjun hollered, throwing the pillow from before to the younger;s face, "Jeno ing loves you, he in love with you."

Jaemin twisted his brows and glared at the other, "How can you be so sure it's sincere?"

Renjun mentally slapped himself, "Are you blind? He would have never asked you out if it wasn't."

Sighing, Jaemin frowned. He knew Jeno loved him. He didn't know why he was doubting it.

Renjun got even more confused when the younger suddenly sprinted up to his feet and left him in the room alone. It only took a few seconds for him to be walking back to the living room with a book in hand.

A maroon velvety texture cover hugged the book, as Jaemin flickered though the pages. And once again, Renjun felt the need to slap himself in the face when he saw the title of the book; A Trusty Wicca Guide: How to know if someone is in Love with You.

The ginger haired lad had sat himself up, making Jaemin sit beside him on the long couch. He had his eyebrown stitched together as his eyes squinted, skimming through the pages. When his thin finger stopped at a certain page, Jaemin jittered and turned to his fri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter