Chapter 8

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH8: Everything's a Mess.

"We'll be off, I guess." Chaeyoung grimly smiles to her father who was sitting on the driver's seat in the front of the car, whistling the tune of a familiar song. They had just parked in front of her apartment.

Mr. Park nods his head, turning to face Chaeyoung and the infant.

"Your mother and I will try to visit tomorrow and send some things for the baby." His old eyes softened at the sight of his snoring grandson before he turned back to look at his daughter. "Thank you for doing this Chaeyoung."

"I'm doing this for Jisoo." She didn't expect herself to be that blunt, but her reply came out before she could think. Her father only gives an understanding smile, while Chaeyoung tries to avoid eye contact.

"I'm sorry." She later mumbles, tightening her hold on Jinsoo.

"N-no it's fine. I understand Chaeyoung, and I'm thankful enough that you're doing this much for your sister." Mr. Park hides the sting from his daughter's words with another smile. "You should go, it's getting late."

She nods her head in agreement, her hand reaching to open the door to her left. "Thank you for driving us home. Please take care." Chaeyoung and the baby gets out of the probably new vehicle and sees Mr. Park drive off, a bitter smile tugging into the Chaeyoung's face as she brings her head down to look the tiny human in her arms.

"Ofcourse he understands." She mumbles lastly before turning her heel to walk in the apartment, the cold touch of the night not doing any damage to her already frozen heart.

•••••••

"Sheez," Chaeyoung grumbles incoherent words as she tries to unlock the door of her apartment, her other hand busy with the baby while her legs were entangled with the baby's things.

"Aha!" She explains triumphantly when she hears the clicking of the door, pushing it open as she tried to wiggle her way inside, keeping it quiet enough to not awake the sleeping infant.

It was a mess, everything was a mess.

The 22 year old looks at her practically destroyed apartment, with unfolded laundry in her couch, unwashed plates in her sink, and a lot of paperwork she almost had forgotten about piled in her desk.

She sighs, abandoning the bags on the floor of her living room as she made her way to her room, only to face the huge dump of clothes on her bed that she had also left awhile ago.

"Aish, Park Chaeyoung." She mutters,  kicking the pile of clothes off her bed and into the carpeted floor.

"Stay here first baby." She coes as she lays the infant on her bed, putting her pillows around its form before she moves to pick up her garments on the floor. One by one she folds them neatly before piling them back in her closet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter