Chapter 10

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH10: Late Night 

"I shouldn't have came here." Jungkook sighs sitting in his neighbor's brown cozy couch, internally in a panic state despite trying to look calm as he cradled the infant who still hasn't stopped crying.

Jungkook barely knew anything about taking care of a child yet that isn't stop date from putting him in the situation he was in right now.  Simply to summarise he was a twenty year old holding a crying infant and being clueless on what to do.

A hopeless adult.

Before he could continue mentally ranting about the  circumstance he was in, Jinsoo had started to cry harder , tiny fists hitting him softly in the chest.

"Aren't you tired?" He asks softly, using his free hand to remove the tiny baby cap that was covering Jinsoo's eyes. "You've been crying for sometime now." He rocks the baby softly as he hummed a soft tune, one he remembered his mother sang to him when he was little. 

Slowly Jinsoo's cries subsided but never disappeared, soft whimpers here and there but not as loud as they were before. It was a different sound to the music producer's ears and he had never expected a baby's cries to be so soft and pleasant.

"Wow, he seems to like you." Chaeyoung came out more clothed and nest, rocking a ponytail with a large sweater and some white shorts that surprised Jungkook, who had always seen her in some formal outfit and straight loose hair. 

"Here." She passes a baby bottle and Jungkook takes it, turning to face the newborn and putting the bottle's into the baby's opened mouth softly. Jinsoo happily taking it and grips on Jungkook's fingers.

"He really was hungry afterall." Jungkook smiles, relieved that the baby seemed to have quiet down. "It seemed so." Chaeyoung managed to beak as well, happy that Jinsoo found Jungkook comfortable.

I wonder....

"Uhm, Jungkook?" She hesitantly called out. "C-could you hold the baby for awhile? I just need 30 minutes to fix something for my a-artist's schedule." She ducks her head in embarrassment.

"Ah." Jungkook drops his answer for awhile, thinking of his own workload in his room and the amount of time he had left before his brother would murder him for being too carefree about everything. 

Did he even have time to be here?

"Please? Just 30 minutes? Even 25, 25 minutes is fine." She looks at him with pleading eyes, something she would kill herself for showing a weak spot but also is her only survival  tool in the industry she uses when she needs to get what she wants.

Don't fail me now pitiful puppy look.

"O-okay. 25 minutes it is." He was not able to decline, bringing a big smile to Chaeyoung's face as she sighs in relief. "Thank you so much."

•••••••

"Finally! All done!" Smiling proudly at herself, Chaeyoung tosses her pen straight down her little organiser, her eyes getting droopy after reading all those sponsor deals and advertisement contracts Jennie were invited 

Her back was sore and her eyes had started to close, she barely had enough strength to stay up any longer. "A nap won't be-"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter