Chapter 7

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH7: Oh Chaeyoung.

"Who the cares." Huffing a breath in frustration, Chaeyoung runs to the bathroom and takes a cold shower, letting her mind cool off from the scene awhile ago. The girl knows she should take nothing to heart like always, but sometimes things are easier than done.

And she hated herself for being  so selfish at a time like this when people's lives were actually at stake. She usually wasn't this showy but somehow today was different.

Afterwards, she rampages her closet for a suitable shirt and pants to wear opting a more casual look. But to her dismay all of her pants were formal slacks and she barely owned anything casual besides the clothes she wore two days ago.

The girl slumps in bed, a defeated frown on her face as she holds on to the possibly only "normal" outfit she had left in the drawer.

"I guess this will do."

Not even bothering to brush her hair properly, she ties it up in a hurry and grabs her purse, running out her apartment without minding the mess she had left for her to clean afterwards.

•••••••

"Keep the change ahjussi." Getting off the taxi, Chaeyoung ran the fastest she could in the hospital, passing the busy nurses and groups of patients in front of the elevator. Instead she took the empty stairs, ignoring the pain her feet had to endure with every step she had to take.

Her hair was kept neatly in a bun this time, dressed in a  not so simple black dress that had red and white patterns all around it. It was the only thing she found wearable in her dump of clothes.

Jisoo and the baby, Jisoo and the baby.

Her head repeated those two things as she made her way to the highest floor of the hospital, ignoring the cries and laughter in every level she passes.Sweat drips down from her face, but a small smile retains when she sees the flock of physicians walking out of the surgery room.

"How are they?" She asks the one of the nurses, who avoided her eye at first. It ticked Chaeyoung off but still she was persistent to get an answer.

"Excuse me Ms, but I'm asking you a question." She asks again but the nurse still avoids her. Instead of throwing her frustration at the other girl she ran to find her parents, her heart racing with every second that pass.

"Chaeyoung." Hearing her name

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter