Chapter 3

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

CH3: Pain and Decisions.

 

"Thanks for the ride, please keep the change."

 

Passing off some dollars to the front Chaeyoung bid goodbye to the driver as she got off. biting her lips when a sudden gush of cold wind slapped her face as she did so.

 

SNU Hospital

 

The infrastructure stood tall over her, almost towering over the other buildings that was just beside it. City lights had twinkled like the stars, colors meshed the further they were from Chaeyoung, calming her senses for a little while.

 

"Elevator, now's not really a good time to play hide and seek."

 

Running inside Chaeyoung pushed through the glass doors, eyes busy looking around to find the desired elevator that would take her to the 6th level of the hospital where Jisoo is.

 

Too immersed in her goal the girl forgot to pay attention to where her feet was taking her, almost tumbling over if it weren't for a pair of arms who managed to grab hold of her.

 

"Ms. please be careful and watch-"

 

Hearing the familiar voice, Chaeyoung raised her head to face the owner's face.

 

"Jungkook?"

 

"C-chaeyoung?" 

 

Helping her stand back up Jungkook finally released Chaeyoung from his hold, eyes busy studying her fresh and cosmetic free face.

 

Pretty. 

 

A thought Jungkook didn't expect made him choke on the air, forcing him to fake a cough to  hide his discomfort. "Why are you here?" He asked once he made certain that he won't be thinking of foolish thoughts again.

 

"Ah, a member in the family was brought here and I was asked to come. How about you?" 

 

Feeling quite awkward with the sudden arrival of her not so friendly neighbir Chaeyoung tried hard to smile.

 

"My cousin works here, I brought her some food she wanted that's all." 

 

Chaeyoung was surprised when he smiled, but didn't complain about it.

 

Mr. Park

 

Chaeyoung's phone rang, the caller's ID waking Chaeyoung's senses up.

 

"I'm sorry but I've got to go." She says another quick goodbye to the latter before turning her heel to the elevator, picking up the call as she entered the elevator.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

"How long will she stay like this?"

 

With dry tears on her pale and wrinkled face, Mrs. Park looked at the doctor infront of her with pleading eyes. "I beg of you please tell me." 

 

Mr. Park held his wife close in an embrace, rubbing her back as he muttered soft words to try and calm her down.

 

"Please tell me." She once again begged.

 

The physician could do nothing but stare in awe, gulping a lump in his throat before he spoke. "I'm sorry ma'am but her condition is not something easily predicted to end, but know our doctors are giving their all to somehow help Mrs. Min."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter