Chapter 12

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH12: Milk, Milk, and More Milk

A few hours before.....

She doesn't know if the author of her so-called life just has a thing for making her more miserable or if misfortune was really just in the palm of her hands this whole time and she can just never get away from it.

Waking up to a major headache, Chaeyoung forced herself to walk to the shower and start the day despite the constant times her eyes suddenly shut close to dose back to sleep.

She still had 3 more days of leave before she goes back to her normal life, the life she had built for herself to survive in and actually have a chance to chase the happiness she had always sought to have.

She was aware that it wasn't gonna be the same, obviously since she now has Jinsoo to worry about too but at the moment she decides to overthink later and give in to the need to free her mind from stress which has been pretty difficult since the baby wasn't really a heavy sleeper and woke her up countless times last night.

Grabbing the first thing she could grab in her dresser she dresses up in a casual white shirt that had a NASA logo in the side and a pair of ripped jeans. Putting her hair in a messy braid before she hops to check the calendar on her phone.

Park Chaeyoung was a person not to be questioned when it comes organizing and planning, so it wasn't much of a surprise to know that she had her whole life planned out in the digital calendar of her phone.

Monday: Grocery Day
Jennie Schedule: Empty

She lets out a long tired sigh before turning her phone off, walking back to the room to grab some milk bottles and extra clothes for Jinsoo before she takes him with her to the nearest grocery store she could think of.

"And to think I just got you to go back to sleep 30 minutes ago."

•••••••

If you would've asked Chaeyoung a few days back what her favorite thing to do was on her free schedule, she would've proudly answer grocery shopping like it was the most common answer in the whole world.

The younger Chaeyoung had always loved to go out and do something other than work and though it's a very simple chore, she finds peace at buying the supplies she'll be using and the simple thought that she can organize them later when she reaches home.

It had always been her breakthrough from the unending cycle of home and work, with shopping she felt like an actual girl for once, attending her needs and rare times even her wants too.

But even if the previous Chaeyoungs would've never said no to a good cart racing to the next aisle to find the cheapest promo of dishwashing liquid that came with a sponge, the current Chaeyoung now is too busy trying to push an empty but quite heavy shopping cart while holding Jinsoo securely.

"This just isn't right." She sighs.

Chaeyoung had always planned her life as detailed as possible, and never in her entire existence has she expected to step into parenthood at such a young age and secondly all alone.

Though she wasn't really a person who dates, she had expected the mother lives with a family of her own with her other half to help her raise her child. She expected a family of her own to be calm and peaceful unlike her past but most importantly she expects it to come 10 years from now.

But like the saying goes the best things in life happen unexpectedly and just by looking at the surprisingly still sleeping infant in her arms, Chaeyoung can't help but smile sweetly knowing that never in her entire life will she trade the choices she had made.

This whole parenting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter