Chapter 13

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH13: Going Home

"Thanks a lot, Jungkook." She smiles gratefully before turning to grab her grocery bags still inside the cart as they exit the store.

Jungkook raised a curious brow leaning on his own shopping cart, eager to see how she was gonna bring all of those bags with her even just outside the grocery store on her own. "Did you bring a car? We can bring the carts all the way to the parking lot so it won't be that difficult."

"Oh , I still have to ring an Uber." She scrambles her hand into the diaper bag and picks out her phone, dialing the hotline when her phone was suddenly taken away from her like some dramatic scene you see in movies.

"Why did you-"

"Oh please, how long will take an Uber to come here?" Jungkook only smiles innocently, taking both shopping carts again and pushing them out the sliding doors. "I'll give you both a ride in my car we'll get home faster."

Chaeyoung stares at his back walking away, her mind trying to read the Jeon Jungkook in front of her. 

What a weird specimen.

Jungkook had already finished stacking the grocery bags in his car and was already closing the roof of the trunk the moment Chaeyoung finally caught up to him with Jinsoo still in her arms.

"Are you sure about this? We can easily just hail a cab to get us home." A worried expression paints her face as she looks at him questioningly but he only chuckles, putting his hand on the roof of his car and striking a casual pose.

"It's fine. Like I said if you need help with the baby I'll be at your service." Jungkook got the nerve to wink which made the other person roll he eyes in amusement. "But why help us?" 

"I just want to I guess." He shrugs her question off easily and slips into the driver's seat not bothering to wait for Chaeyoung to enter the car through the already opened door in the backseat.

Weird specimen indeed.

•••••••

The drive back to the apartment was calm, with the awkward silence swallowed by the calming voice of Tori Kelly as she fills the car with a less suffocating air, both adults bopping their heads to the song.

Jinsoo was comfortable in Chaeyoung's hold, lulled by the sweet music into more hours of rest while the other two people in the car lost themselves in their own t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter