Chapter 4

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH4: Decision Making.

"I don't want to lose my daughter."

Thin pursed lips creaked like the wrinkles on her mature face, stress evident on her lousy sleep deprived eyes.

"I don't want lose Jisoo either, but you do know that Jisoo would want to save the child over herself if she was here as well."

Sitting just across her, he who looked just as tired tried his best to explain his side of the situation.

"So we just let her go through the delivery with the possibility that she'll die and raise a child who might never see his own mother again? Can you even bear to see the child grow up alone?" Standing up from her seat, Mrs. Park grabbed her purse and readied herself to leave. "You might be able to bear it, but I can't and losing my only daughter is a bet I'm not willing to risk."

"It's not like that-"

Mr. Park also tried to stand up and reply back to his wife, but was too late to do so when his wife immediately rushed out of the ward.

The old man could only sigh.  "Jisoo what would you do."

•••••••

"- but I can't and losing my only daughter is a bet I'm not willing to risk."

Ouch that was painful.

Chaeyoung smiles bitterly as she replays the same words on repeat for almost an hour already.

Just 60 minutes ago, she had bought some warm drinks for the two elderly but stopped halfway from entering the room when Mrs. Park came walking out muttering words Chaeyoung didn't expect to affect her so hugely.

"They love her so much." She grimaces sadly.

Though she tries her best to not let her selfish thoughts get in the way, Chaeyoung really can't stop herself when she sees the worried and stressed faces the two adults had from just talking about her sister-making her wonder if they'd react the same way if she was in Jisoo's same situation.

"Let's stop this Chae, you already know the answer to that" Beyond her control a tear escapes her eyes, but she was able to wipe it off and constrain herself.  "We have better things to do."

Scrolling through her contacts she tapped on one of her close acquaintances contact and dialled it.

"Hello Tzuyu?"

Growing up she wasn't a social butterfly like Jisoo or Jennie, she preferred being behind the spotlight. Chaeyoung even surprised herself when she became the manager of a famous artist like Jennie,  knowing how much she loathed the cameras that watched their every move.

If it wasn't for Jennie, she would never had taken the risk.

Sana was a few friends she made in the industry- she enjoyed anything that dealt with computers and spy work, the perfect person Chaeyoung was in need of.

"Chaeng, " A moment later a voice pops up, "I heard what happened I'm so sorry."

The tone her friend gave her made Chaeyoung suppress another bitter smile to come out by biting her lips. "Thanks." Was all she could reply before she brought the conversation to her purpose of calling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter