Chapter 11

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH11: Grocery Shopping

"Argh." Groggily Jungkook finds himself walking out of his room with eyes barely open enough to make out the obstacles in his path, making him hit a few chairs and slip on some music sheets that had fallen on the ground.

After arriving home late from Chaeyoung's, he had to stay up all night and finish polishing the songs before sending them to his brother an hour and a half before the due time, saving himself from another long lecture about responsibility or whatever the older Jeon calls it.

But having the carefree soul of a Jeon Jungkook meant focusing on what is to happen in the present instead of on what already had passed. So despite his half-dead state, he forces himself to grab a proper breakfast and start another day as a regular morning.

"For the sake of my brother's fear of being dumped by his only girlfriend where are the freaking eggs?" The twenty-year-old looks at his empty refrigerator with a face painted with great disappointment, a frown curling his lips downwards.

It was as bare and empty as the number of girls he dated which has never filled in his entire existence since he has never taken his social and love life seriously unlike most boys his age. 

He always put it as, I don't really need someone to make me feel happy and content with life, I can do it by myself with a bucket less of drama and more time for loving myself if you think about it.

Jungkook was brought back to the painful reality of a food-less house by the sound of his grumbling stomach, his eyes darting back and forth from the fridge to his own empty tummy before he sighs deeply.

Closing the metal door, Jungkook makes way to his room to grab his car keys and his wallet before putting on a coat over his plain white shirt and denim pants and texting his brother a whole paragraph of how he hated going out to feed his own fridge that was supposed to feed him.

If there was one thing Jungkook hated much more than an empty fridge it would be the entire process of going out and filling it back, knowing he had to drive and visit the lousy excuse for a grocery store downtown.

As he gets into his car he gets a reply from Junghyun.

If you actually had a girlfriend of some sort Jungkook, you'll never ever have to go grocery shopping on your own ever again!

"As if." 

Jungkook lets out a scoff and tosses his phone on the passenger

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter