Chapter 6

Adopted Parents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH6: Their Attention 

 

"Still, 11:00 am." Chaeyoung reads on the wall clock of her kitchen, sighing as she continued to chop some carrots. "Yet it feels like my whole day has already been ruined."

 

The girl doesn't know how and why she got the urge to invite her so called parents to her humble apartment, more of why Jungkook choose the best time to knock on her locked door to hand a package, and how she ended up getting questioned about her relationship with her unfriendly neighbor

 

It all started with her wanting to change her clothes, not feeling comfortable without having a bath in the morning. But just when she was about to bid goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Park, she was greeted with dull expressions from her supposed parents.

 

She knows the reason behind those looks, and she can't lie by saying she doesn't feel the same, except  she was much better in hiding her own feelings from others. 

 

Chaeyoung ended up asking them if they wanted to come with her, trying to use it as a distraction from the surgery that was about to be starting anytime now. And despite her prayers that they would decline her offer, the three ended up catching a cab and heading towards Chaeyoung's beloved home.

 

She thought things would at least be fine at that point, but the moment she stepped foot  on the hallway that would lead straight to her apartment, he sees a familiar pair of timberlands infront of her door.

 

"." She remembered cursing in her head as she attempted to run towards her door, questioning his existence by uttering his name. "Jungkook?"

 

"Ghad, how could this day get any worse."  She mumbled as she tries to push away the recent flashbacks that were playing endlessly in her head.

 

Chaeyoung  was halfway done with her homemade soup, just waiting for everything to simmer down before she turns of the stove completely when she heard footsteps behind her.

 

"Chaeyoung." 

 

It was her father.

 

"Yes?" She turned slightly to recognize his presence. "Do you need something?"

 

Her father shook his head, walking towards her before planting his hands on the kitchen island. "Be honest with me Chaeyoung."

 

She internally groaned. "Dad! I'm, He's, We are not going out."

 

"You don't have to lie to your own father Chaeyoung-ah." His reply made Chaeyoung cringe.

 

Father? Tsk. Since when?

 

Frustration bubbled inside Chaeyoung, whic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter