Chapter 7

You Complete Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sooyoung-ah! Let’s go!” called Seulgi from outside Sooyoung’s classroom after lessons had ended for that day.

 

“Yay! We’re finally going to check out that patbingsoo café!” cheered Sooyoung as she headed down the corridor with Seulgi and Joohyun. “Are Yeri and Seungwan-unnie joining us there?”

 

“Yeah, they had something else on just now, so they’ll meet us there,” replied Joohyun.

 

The three girls met Yeri and Seungwan at the café and placed their orders quickly. After everyone’s order came, Yeri swooned over her order after taking a few bites. “Omooooo~ It’s so nice! We should come here more often in future!”

 

“Haha, you’ll grow fat if you keep eating patbingsoo. It’s so full of sugar!” warned Joohyun.

 

“But soooooo nice~~~~~” reiterated Yeri, as she dug up another spoonful. However, just as she brought the spoon to , the spoonful of patbingsoo slid off it and landed on her skirt.

 

“Aish~” complained Yeri.

 

“Kwenchana, Yeri-ah?” asked Sooyoung, as she scrambled to hand tissues to Yeri to wipe up the spilled dessert.

 

“Kwenchanayo, unnie. I’ll go to the washroom to clean this up,” replied Yeri with a disgruntled look.

 

A short while after Yeri left her seat, her handphone beeped from a message from her mother. Sooyoung and Joohyun sitting on either side of Yeri caught sight of it and continued eating. However, something about the display on the screen made them both do a slight double take. They caught each other’s eye but continued eating and chatting with the other girls.

 

As the girls walked out of the café after payment, Joohyun pulled Sooyoung back slightly to walk behind the other three girls.

 

“Unnie! Did you see what was on Yeri’s wallpaper?” asked Sooyoung excitedly.

 

To her surprise, Joohyun did not look particularly pleased and replied, “Yes.”

 

“What’s wrong, unnie? Isn’t it great now that we know who she has a crush on? We can help her get her guy!” swooned Sooyoung, being careful not to let Yeri hear her.

 

“I don't think you should do that, Sooyoung-ah. You might be doing more harm than good,” warned Joohyun.

 

“What makes you say that, unnie? Since I’m close to Sungjae-oppa, I can help her get close to him,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Listen to me, Sooyoung-ah. You’ll only be hurting him, Yeri and you if you do that,” said Joohyun with an air of finality before she walked up to join the three girls in front, leaving Sooyoung to walk behind the four of them with a confused look.

 

Why did Joohyun-unnie say that?

 

 

 “Hey baby girl, shall we meet to discuss the party we’re going to throw for the kids at the end of the month?” asked Sungjae. They were having a short break between lessons early in the day.

 

“Yah! Don’t call me baby girl!” protested Sooyoung.

 

“Why not? I think it’s a great pet name,” replied Sungjae cheekily, as the bell rang for lessons to resume. Sungjae had found out that literally nobody calls Sooyoung baby girl and even though her mother uses it once in a while, it was becoming rarer and rarer as Sooyoung grew up. Sungjae considered himself very lucky that he had chosen the right day to leave the monkey at Sooyoung’s door.

 

“Nobody calls me that now,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Nobody but me!” replied Sungjae, his eyes beaming at Sooyoung’s apparent discomfort.

 

“Yah, Yook Sungjae!” shouted Sooyoung as she smacked him on the head.

 

“I’ll see you after school to discuss the farewell party,” laughed Sungjae as he walked out of Sooyoung’s classroom to return to his classroom, rubbing his head where Sooyoung had smacked him.

 

 

Sungjae waited at the canteen as Sooyoung had to see Ms. Lee before they discussed the farewell party. He saw Sooyoung rushing over and waved to her.

 

“Calm down, calm down. There’s no need to rush. I’m not going anywhere,” said Sungjae.

 

“I just really want to make sure we complete the planning today,” replied Sooyoung, her face flushed from running.

 

“Arasso. Anyway, I was thinking we could do this party as a whole class. That way, we can spread out the work and make it easier for us to plan something special for our kids. What do you think?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Oh, that sounds great!” said Sooyoung. “I think the class should be open to this as well. I’ll text in the class Whatsapp chat.”

 

Sooyoung sent out the idea over Whatsapp and put her phone down.

 

“What do you think we should get for our kids as a parting gift?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Do you think we should get them another stuffed toy?” thought Sungjae out loud.

 

“Can’t you think of something more original, oppa?” asked Sooyoung. “Didn’t we already give them one at the picnic?”

 

“Isn’t that the point, baby girl? That way they’ll have two and that can remind them of us. One for each of us,” replied Sungjae with a grin.

 

“Oh I see! Oh then that’s a great idea. I’ll go get the toys,” said Sooyoung with a beam, as she swiped Sungjae’s head again. “And stop calling me baby girl!”

 

Sungjae stuck his tongue out at Sooyoung as his and Sooyoung’s phone beeped simultaneously.

 

“Oh, most of the class likes the idea! I think we can go ahead with it,” said Sooyoung after checking her phone.

 

“All right, so what shall we do?” asked Sungjae.

 

The pair discussed their plans for the farewell party and were so engrossed that by the time they had finished, the sky had already turned dark. Sooyoung looked at her watch and exclaimed, “Omo! It’s already 7pm! Come on, let’s head home. I’m famished.”

 

“Do you want to have dinner together?” asked Sungjae.

 

“Sure! What do you want to eat?” asked S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter