Chapter 3

You Complete Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After she reached home, she finally took out her phone to check it and saw Yeri’s message.

 

SY: Yah, it wasn't a date!

 

Kim Yeri calling…

 

“Unnie! So did you have a good time with Sungjae sunbae-nim today?” asked Yeri.

 

“Aish~ I already told you it wasn't a date. And why do you keep insisting on calling me unnie?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Well, technically you’re older than me. And it’s fun being the maknae. You’ll have to give into me,” swooned Yeri. “So how was it?”

 

“I had no idea Sungjae-oppa was such a softie when it comes to children. He was so protective of what they were going to eat and drink. I even got scolded for wanting to buy soft drinks for the kids,” laughed Sooyoung.

 

“I thought he was cold? You mean he actually cares that much?” asked Yeri incredulously.

 

“Of course! He’s not as cold as he seems you know. I wish people would stop thinking that about him,” said Sooyoung.

 

“Yah… are you sticking up for him already?” asked Yeri disbelievingly. “Do you have a crush on him?”

 

“Yah, Kim Yeri! Can’t I stand up for a friend?” protested Sooyoung. “What about you? What do you and Youngmin sunbae-nim have planned?”

 

“We’re bringing them to the zoo on Saturday. That’s why I have much less preparation to do than you,” replied Yeri cheekily.

 

“Hahaha, good for you. So how are you and Youngmin sunbae-nim getting along?” asked Sooyoung. “Do you think he’s attractive?”

 

“He’s cute, but not my type. My ideal type is much better than he is,” replied Yeri.

 

 “Ohhhhhhhh, who is it?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“I’m not saying who it is,” said Yeri flatly.

 

“Didn't you say I’m your unnie? Don't you want to tell your unnie who your ideal type is?” begged Sooyoung.

 

“I’m not ready to tell anyone yet, unnie,” replied Yeri. “I promise you that you’ll be the first one to know if I ever decide to tell anyone. All right, goodnight Mrs. Yook!”

 

Yeri hung up with a giggle, leaving Sooyoung to glare at her phone.

 

“Aish, this girl!” ranted Sooyoung in a peeved tone.

 

 

“All right everyone, are we ready to go?” asked Sungjae, as he stood outside Sunflower Orphanage’s main gate with Sooyoung.

 

“Neh~!” chorused Yoondo, Yura and Eunbi. All three of them had their caps on and water bottles slung over their shoulders. Minjae was there too, though he stood some distance away from the other three children.

 

“Do we have everything?” asked Sooyoung, looking through all the things they brought. “Is the first-aid kit there? Mrs. Yang said it was a must.”

 

“Yes, it’s in my bag,” replied Sungjae. “Don’t worry. I made a final check before coming today.”

 

Mrs. Yang saw them from her office and walked out to greet them.

 

“Aigoo, you all are going out for your picnic today right?” swooned Mrs. Yang. “Now children, make sure you listen to Sooyoung-noona and Sungjae-hyung and have a lot of fun, all right?”

 

“Neh!” said Yoondo, Eunbi and Yura.

 

“All right! You all should head off now. I think it’ll be just the right time for lunch when you all arrive,” said Mrs. Yang with a smile.

 

“Neh, Mrs. Yang. We’ll be heading off now,” replied Sungjae, as Sooyoung rounded up the children and headed towards the main entrance.

 

Sooyoung walked in front of the group with Yoondo, Eunbi and Yura, chatting away happily, while Sungjae and Minjae brought up the rear. Sungjae walked a short distance behind Minjae, making sure that he was still keeping up with the group. Sungjae was pleased that Minjae had not thrown a tantrum today and had even changed into his outdoor clothes without much objection. However, Minjae still refused to talk to the other children in their group.

 

“Minjae-ah, do you want to walk a bit faster to catch up with Sooyoung-noona and the rest?” asked Sungjae.

 

Minjae did not reply and continued to walk at the same pace. Sungjae sighed softly and continued to walk behind Minjae to make sure he did not wander off. The group sat down midway at a bus stop to rest for a while before continuing on their way to the park. Minjae adamantly refused to sit with the rest but stood in the corner and looked far into the distance.

 

“Eomma… Appa… Where are you?” mumbled Minjae.

 

Sungjae, who was standing next to Minjae, heard and turne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter