Chapter 4

You Complete Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjae heard Sooyoung’s scream and turned in time to see the oncoming car and pull Minjae safely onto the pavement. Minjae was still struggling against Sungjae’s grip on his arm and screaming for Sungjae to let him go. Minjae tried using his free arm to pull off Sungjae’s grip on his other and, in his struggle, scratched Sungjae on the back of his hand as hard as he could. Sungjae yelped in pain but kept a firm hold on Minjae. Sooyoung rushed up to help Sungjae handle Minjae and freed Sungjae from Minjae’s struggles. Sooyoung picked Minjae up and locked him in a tight embrace from behind to stop him from struggling. Minjae struggled for a while more before finally breaking down in tears and sobbed on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

“Kwenchana, Minjae-ah. Everything’s ok now,” said Sooyoung in a soothing voice. “You can just cry it out if you want to.”

 

“Eomma… Appa…” mumbled Minjae between sobs, as he continued crying into Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

Sooyoung carried Minjae as Sungjae and the other three kids packed up the picnic and got ready to go off. But not before Sooyoung’s sharp eyes caught sight of Sungjae’s hand as he was packing it up.

 

“Oppa! You’re bleeding!” exclaimed Sooyoung.

 

“Ah, it’s ok. Don’t worry about it. It’s just a small wound,” replied Sungjae.

 

“How can that be ok? It might be deep! Look, blood’s still dripping from it!” objected Sooyoung. “We need to attend to it now before it gets infected!”

 

“We need to get the kids back to the orphan-” began Sungjae but Sooyoung cut him off by putting down Minjae with the other three kids and took out the first aid kit she had brought along.

 

“Yah! Stop being stubborn. Yoondo, Yura and Eunbi, I need to help Sungjae-oppa with his wound. Take care of Minjae for a while ok?” Sooyoung asked the three kids.

 

“Neh!” they replied.

 

It was fortunate that Minjae was calming down and his sobs were gradually quietening. Sooyoung took out the saline solution and directed a gentle spray of it onto Sungjae’s wound. Sungjae winced slightly at the sharpness he felt as the spray was directed onto the wound.

 

“Oppa! See! How can this be ok?” said Sooyoung, as she applied a clean gauze to Sungjae’s wound to dab up the excess solution and blood.

 

“You’re just exaggerating. It’ll stop bleeding in OWWWW!” yelped Sungjae, as Sooyoung pressed hard on his wound with another clean piece of gauze, before securing it in place with a few pieces of tape from the first aid kit. “Yah! Park Sooyoung! What was that for?”

 

“For being stubborn about your wound! Aish~ You’re worse than Minjae when it comes to being stubborn!” replied Sooyoung, as she walked over to pick Minjae up again. “Come on, guys, let’s go. Let’s leave Sungjae-oppa to carry the things by himself.”

 

“Neh!” cheered the three kids happily.

 

“Yah! Jamkahnmahn!” protested Sungjae, as he scrambled to pick everything up and catch up with them. “Yah! Park Sooyoung! I’m the victim here!”

 

Sooyoung giggled but ignored Sungjae’s protests and continued walking out of the park back to the orphanage.

 

“Eunbi-ah, did you have fun today?” asked Sooyoung.

 

“Neh! It was so much fun today!” repli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter