Choices

If I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

User Comments:

> Suju D&E reunion! Donghae was spotted in Eunhyuk's agency today!

>> Wow! I'm glad Eunhae still meet up despite the break up.

> Glad to know they are still friends.

> Donghae resurfaces after so long. There are rumors that Eunhyuk's ex is the reason?

***

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae stared out the window, watching as a plane ascended. He sighs, never imagining that the sound of a breaking heart could sound so distant. Or so distinct despite the passage of time.

Five years. It’s been five years since... Hyukjae shook his head. But the sound of airplanes in the sky still gets him in a melancholic mood.

Hyukjae sighs again, turning his attention to his many reflections on the studio mirrors. So many images of him at different angles.

Was this the outcome you wanted? He thought to himself as he stared at his reflection. He tapped the button on his phone and the beats of the new song her was choreographing a dance to echoed through the speakers. Hyukjae was exhausted by the time to song, which he had played in a loop, came to an end. He looked at the mirrors again. And again, his many reflections looked back.

He smiles at a distant memory suddenly resurfacing at the back of his mind.

“You have many sides to you.” She had whispered at him while brushing back a lock of his hair from his forehead. “All of which I love.” She frowns. “Maybe except that side that drools on me when he sleeps, but you get my point, don’t you?”

Hyukjae cackles out loud and almost immediately the pain of her loss brings him to tears.

“Have you gone mad?”

Hyukjae gasps, startled at the raven haired man leaning on the doorway of the dance studio.

“Pabo!” Hyukjae shouts at him, clutching his heart. “You almost gave me a heart attack.”

Donghae remains silent.

“What’s up? I didn’t even know you got back from your trip.” Hyukjae turned away and winced. He was being so obvious. Donghae had left last week for his annual trip to Europe to visit Joni, something that had become a tradition between them since she left half a decade ago. Donghae never told him when he was going to leave but Hyukjae had deciphered the signs when the trip was about to occur. Donghae would go silent, as if feeling guilty that he was able to continue his relationship with her, while Hyukjae…

“Yeah.” Donghae finally spoke after looking at Hyukjae’s reflection at the mirrors for a long while. “About that, you got a minute?”

Hyukjae checks his watch. “I only have a few minutes to shower before I’m supposed to head out for another shooting.”

Donghae nods. “I’ll wait out by the car.”

 

“Look,” Hyukjae starts as he eyes Donghae out of the corner of his eye. “you were the one who wanted to talk to me.” Hyukjae shrugs. “We’re half way out of the central business district and you haven’t said a word.”

Donghae sighs.

“You haven’t even told me about your trip.”

Donghae gives Hyukjae an exasperated look. “You’re being a little too obvious, man.”

Hyukjae barks out a laugh.

“Look.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter