Tall Brunette

If I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

***

James sighs as he gently pats Joni's head. It had been a while since he watched her cry herself to sleep and they had known each other for a long time.

The son of a poor Italian shoemaker who had immigrated to France, James spent his childhood constantly starved while wandering the streets. He could never understand why, Joni's family, monied and influential,had taken him in as part of the household staff.

Joni had immediately claimed him as her own, not minding the difference in their social status and he loved her fiercely for it. And when James had come out as gay, she didn't bat an eyelash, giggling in glee as she threw her arms around his neck, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"I already knew! I was just waiting for you to tell me!" James had hugged her tightly, crying in gratefulness and love. James chuckles to himself as he remembers Joni as the young girl who had such a big heart with so much love to give. And now, she was the woman whose heart lays broken at her feet.

James scowls as he remembers the reason for her tears.

After taking the lead during the meeting for WGM, James h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter