Not A Light Sleeper

If I Let You Go
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

***

. Hyukjae cussed under his breath as he gently but as quickly as he could manage, untangled himself from Joni’s limbs. She didn’t stir.

Lee Donghae. I will wring your neck. He thought to himself as he stabbed his spindly legs into the pant holes of his jogging pants. He would have bothered with a shirt but he could already hear Donghae at the foyer, having inputted his passcode lock without permission, as usual.

Hyukjae silently tiptoes outside, locks his bedroom door behind him and jumps on the sofa. He turns on the TV and puts it on mute.

Donghae pads into the living room and stares at him.

“What are you doing here?” Hyukjae demands.

“What’s going on?” Donghae retorts back.

“You are the one who broke into my house.”

“Why are you shirtless?”

“It’s hot.”

Donghae narrows his eyes at Hyukjae. “I’m not stupid.” He eyes shift to Hyukjae’s bedroom door.

“Don’t you dare.” Hyukjae warns as he tenses, ready to run.

Donghae bolts for the bedroom door and Hyukjae follows right after. Just as Donghae gets hold of the doorknob, Hyukjae tackles him to the floor.

“Not so loud, idiot!” he scolds him. Donghae presses his hands over his mouth to stop the guffaws from coming out.

“Is she a light sleeper?”

“Yes?” Hyukjae frowns. “I guess? I don’t know. I just… We just… erm.” Hyukjae scratches his head.

Donghae wriggles on the floor, suffocating himself by pressing his hand harder over his mouth in an attempt to stem the sounds of his laughter.

“You mean you don’t know, yet?” he managed to tease Hyukjae.

“You’re such an idiot!” Hyukjae smacks Donghae on the side of his head.

The doorbell rang.

“Oh, sh*t.” Donghae’s face falls. “I was supposed to tell you.”

Hyukjae groaned.

“Yah! Put a shirt on or something, they will be able to tell. Her shoes are at the foyer.”

“!” Hyukjae let out another crisp swear as he scrambles towards the lau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter