Twenty-Eight (End)

Before All The Longings

 

+++++

 

"It was his house."

"He has another house?"

Joonmyeon nods. "He had been thinking of buying one when we started going out but then I left him and the plan was on hold. The he thought even without me he still has friends here and bought it in the end."

"Your fever came back, right? Why didn't he just bring you to the hospital? Or..." Joss side-eyes the male in front of him., This friend of his did look unusually bright when he saw him the other day. The small laugh coming from nowhere comfirms his theory. "Really? Already? Huh."

Joonmyeon's brow rises, feeling unfair at being judged. "What? Like you guys haven't."

"We haven't."

"Liar." He watches as the taller gasps annoyingly, putting his hands across his chest, making an X as he turns his body away.

"Why I never!"

"Yes, you ever! You even brought him to see your parents!"

"I did, and they love him! But we haven't." Joss sees the fair face slowly turning pink at his disclosure and he sips his orange juice, finding it amusing at the other's reaction. He and Baekhyun has been dating for almost half a year now and it is not like that 'thing' hasn't crossed his mind but he doesn't feel like rushing it. They are happy and it is enought for now. "Hey."

Joonmyeon looks up from staring at the table to see the other is smiling at him.

"Your love life is much more complicated than ours. It is understandable. I wouldn't survive if such drama happened to me."

He rolls his eyes at the smirk on the handsome face. They went through so much and he just wanted to end it all.

"So then, what happened?"

"We sit and talked and cleared all misunderstandings. Then he sent me home."

"Oh, no second round?"

Joonmyeon kicks the long leg under the table and ignores the cry of pain coming from the taller, sipping his own milk tea and checks the time on his phone. "Baekhyun is really late." He was informed by the younger that he will be late for lunch and he agreed to eat at his school's cafeteria for the younger's convinience but it is already half past one.

"Don't you worry about him. His boyfriend will take care of him." Joss laughs at the other's scoff, watching silently as the friend typing something on the phone, lips full of smile. The old Joonmyeon was never cheap with smiles but he had always thought those smiles were lacking something. But the smile the other had when he saw him by coincidence the other day and right now as he is sitting in front of him are totally different than before. What he just heard about Yifan is just the tip of the iceberg but Joonmyeon seems like he has lifted a ton of burden off his shoulders so he doesn't really need to hear the whole story. "Wait a minute."

Joonmyeon's brows knit as the taller is looking at him with curious eyes. "What?"

"Is your boyfriend's house at that new condominium complex near that big park?"

He feels blood rushing towards his face at the word Joss used to address the older before nodding away. He can use that title freely now but he doesn't think he will get use to it. Who calls their boyfriend 'boyfriend' anyway.

"So it was really him."

"You saw him there?"

Joss nods, recalling the event that happened two days ago. "My agent lives around the park. Me and Baekhyun went to meet her at her houe and we were just walking around when I saw a familiar face across the road but like, couldn't put a name on it."

"Oh? He was driving?"

"No, he was walking, maybe jogging or something. We purposely went near the complex to see the buildings since my agent told about how grand it is. He's only a year older than us, right? Tsk! Such a rich bastard."

Joonmyeon thinks he managed to kick the long leg at the same place as the taller bends down to rub the sore spot. Calling others a 'rich bastard' when he is the same. Baekhyun showed him the pictures when they were at Joss' house and regular rich people doesn't have tennis court at their backyard. His phone rings and he is ready to scold Baekhyun for making him wait with this gossipy boyfriend of his but the name that appears on the screen is someone he hasn't talk and seen for a while. He smiles, can almost guess the reason behind the call as he answers it. "Hello."

 

+++++

 

"I just heard! Congratulations!"

"It is really not something to congratulate about. Ouch!"

Yifan just watches the married best friends pinching each other before Minseok decides to walk away so he could talk properly on the phone. He actually has the same thought with Luhan as his relationship with the younger is not a special occasion to be celebrated for but Minseok already has a soft spot towards the younger so it is expected.

"So..."

He looks at the other that has his upper body halfway on the table, as if trying to whisper to him.

"What about Bella? Why did she come back? Was it because of Joonmyeon?"

He nods, watching the other sitting back down on his chair. After arguing with Bella and retreating to his room, he called Luhan to tell him about it but then the doorbell rang in the middle of their conversation and he had forgotten about it until he called him back to inform about his departure.

"How did she find out? Did you ask her?" Luhan gets a headshake before sighing in defeat.

"She has her souces. It is already a bless that she didn't find out earlier with her connections. Did you know about the picture too?"

"Of course. Both you and Minseok don't really use those social media apps so I only had to watch out for other people's mouth about what happened to Joonmyeon from reaching Minseok which was a lot harder than you think. But to think the person in that picture was you."

Yifan admits dejectedly before casting his eyes over Minseok that is still talking on the phone. "Minseok mustn't know, unless it is from Joonmyeon."

"I know that. He would be crushed knowing he didn't do anything to help him back then." Luhan scrapes the leftover gravy in his plate, mind can't help thinking about the fate involving his two best friends. He is happy for them but having to go through all of that problems to finally be together, fate was being cruel. The only big obstacle he had to face was getting Minseok's parents approval. He had to maintain his points about 3.5 or no more dating their son. And his last points before that was just barely 3.0.

Yifan stares at the best friend in front of him and the bicker he had with Bella befoe he called the other is replaying in his mind. She kept refering the brother and sister 'con siblings', saying they worked together to get on her good side while laughing at the gullibleness behind her back. She sent the picture to see how the sister would handle things after knowing show is that man beside her brother really is. He was angry but understand that Bella was acting like that because she felt betrayed by the people she really liked.

"Joonmyeon sounded so happy." Minseok sits back on his chair, putting his phone on the table and looks at the taller. "I am really happy for you guys."

"I really think Joonmyeon can do better. There was this one junior from Medic that I remember was perfect in everything and ouch! Stop pinching me!"

"Then stop teasing Yifan. I won't stand back even if you are my husband."

Yifan smiles as Minseok got his back, but couldn't help feeling jealous, curious at who is this Medic junior Luhan is talking about. Sure that guy isn't 'that' perfect, right?

"Now, what are we doing after this?"

Yifan meets with his best friend's eyes, knowing he can count on Minseok on everything. "I need your help with something."

 

+++++

 

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

"Ultraman."

Joonmyeon sighs in disbelief, reaching out his hand to turn off the water slightly before his shoulder being held in place.

"Don't move! I almost finished."

He stays still at the request, feeling his hair that is covered with shampoo being pulled up, getting styled by the older behind him. "Will it even work? My hair isn't that long."

"I will make it work! Trust me!"

"Ha, okay..."

Yifan gathers the shampoo up in one place, flattening the hair in the middle of the head, up from the front ot the lower back. "Joonmyeon."

"Hm?"

"Have you ever thinking of dyeing your hair?"

"Oh? Not... really, I guess. Why? You want to dye yours?"

"I don't know. The other day, I saw Baekhyun and he had his hair pink. I didn't know who he was at first but the face looked familiar before I remembered. He looked really good with it."

Joonmyeon exclaims as the small friend pops up in his mind. "It was for a photoshoot. He has been getting offers to model lately."

"Really?"

"I was shocked too at first when I saw it but that hair color really just suit him. He has a fair skin and a small face and he showed me a few photos from the shoot and he looked really beautiful."

"I think it would suit you too." Yifan runs his fingers along the foamy hair. The younger's dark locks are really soft and smooth and he likes feeling it. He wonders how it would look with a new change.

Joonmyeon imagines Baekhyun's hair on his head and the result isn't that pretty. "I don't have any photoshoot to do and pink would look weird on me."

"Then how about red?"

"Hm... How read are we talking about?"

Yifan tries to remember all the shades of red he had ever seen as he watches the younger walk under the running shower, destroying his masterpiece as the shampoo washes down to reveal the dark locks. He steps forward and joins him, helping him to make sure the shampoo is all gone. "I think dark red is not bad."

"Dark red... like burgundy?"

"Like red wine..." He swallows when the younger turns around and looking up to face him, his round eyes staring straight at him as the younger's image adorning the said color becomes clear in his mind. He is doomed. It already looked so good in his head. What will happened if it comes true?

"Red wine isn't that stand out so I think it would work. How about you? If I do it, will you dye yours too with me?"

He tilts his head at the idea, doesn't seem too bad when he thinks about it since they both starting a new phase in their life together and a new change deserves a new hair color and style. "Then, should I go with red wine too?"

Joonmyeon shakes his head. He had been seeing the similarity between the older and a character from a game that Chanyeol is really into lately and thinks the character's hair color would look really good on the older. "How about platinum?"

Yifan's eyes widen at the mentioned color as it never crossed his mind. He thought the younger would suggest something like blonde or brown, the more common colors, but platinum? "Won't it be too shocking? I have never seen anyone at the office has that flashy style."

"Ah, I forgot about that. Then, it is fine if you don't dye it."

He sees no disappoinment on the face but he can't help feeling guilty for ruining the younger's imagination. "But someone has to start it, right? I think platinum is still fine for the office." He earns a smile at his words and he smiles back, reaching for the knob to turn off the shower before the other's hand stopping hiim.

"There is still some left. Can you help?"

He looks down at the troubled face before nodding, feeling the small arms wrap around his neck as he lifts the supple thighs, hooking them by his waist and pushes a finger into the younger's backside.

Joonmyeon kisses the spot behind the older's ear as the sticky liquid being cleaned out from his hole. They had an intense one earlier and he didn't feel there was leftovers until just now. He thanks the older with a quick peck before he being let down gently as the water being turned off. He steps out from the shower stall with the other in tow and heads towards the big bathtub, smiling at the blue water in it.

"I have never used one before. Is it supposed to look like that?"

"I haven't either but let's just try it first."

Yifan enters the tub, holding the younger's hand as he does the same, and slowly submerges his body as he makes room for the younger to sit next to him. The bath bomb is doing things to his body that he can't really describe but the person beside him is smiling and enjoying it so he guesses whatever the ingredients are doing to them is a good thing.

"Hyung, it smells so nice."

"The shop person recommended it. If it were just me, I probably picked the wrong one."

Joonmyeon chuckles, floating his hands over the blue water that is really facinated him. "I think there isn't really a wrong one. Whatever you pick would be just perfect."

"Really? So you really like it?"

He turns to face the older as his tone was a bit different and sees the older is staing at him, his expression soft. He feels his left hand being brought up above the water and his sight stops at the new addition on his forth finger as the older locks their digits together.

"If it were just me, I would have brought the one that they have at the back shelf, but Minseok said you would feel burden wearing it so we narrowed it down to this one and one with a diamond on it. They both left me alone to make the decision but it took so long that the stor assistant was getting tired of waiting and asked if she could choose for me but I don't want her to choose for me and I don't want to make her wait anymore too so this is the result of my impulse decision and not because I think it suits you the most."

He shakes his head at the silly confession and grabs the older's chin with his other hand, turning the face towards him before pulling it down, meeting their lips together. It was already enough for him that they are finally get to be together like this but the older had to make him feel like the luckiest person in the world when he put the ring on on him in the car after their dinner.

Yifan melts into the kiss, as their lips glide against each other and he uses their laced hands to pull the younger towards him, to sit on his lap as the kiss slowly becoming intense.

"Hyung..."

He blinks at the sudden part with his chest rising up and down and the look the younger has on him brings back his senses, making him calm down. He nods in shame, as he let his lust get the better of him, and kisses the fair forehead as an apology. The younger never said anything but they are both male so he too is well aware of how uncomfortable and painful it must be to have something shoved into one's behind. It felt entracing being inside the younger but he should know how to control himself of he could lose him because of it.

Joonmyeon turns his body around, staying seated on the older's lap as his nape and shoulders being showered with kisses. He searches under the water for the older's hand and brings it up to compare their hand, smiling at the identical ring on the long digit. "Hyung."

"Hm?"

"Will you parents be fine with me?"

Yifan breathes out, eyes watching his fingers being played around by the other. He is going back to see his parents the day after tomorrow and he is curious about the situation there as does Bella already told them what happened or not but if she did tell them, he must have getting calls from them but there was no contact from the elders. It has been a week since that day and he still doesn't know whether she had gone back home or still in the country as Bella already left their apartment when he got back after sending the younger home.

"What if they don't like me?"

"Then you don't have to like them either. Even Sophia is softening up to me so there is no reason for us to make our life difficult because of them. And talking about your little sister, you really can't come and see me off?"

Joonmyeon chuckles as he leans deeper into the broad chest, shaking his head. It took Sophia a few days before she finally accepted his relationship with the older but not without conditions. And one of them is they can't meet on Sundays, which is the day of the older's flight. He already grateful that she has came around so he didn't ask any questoins behind those conditions as they were fairly reasonable to him. "Sorry, I already promised her."

"Is she going to be like those evil sister-in-laws in the dramas where they treat the brother-in-law like trash because of his past mistake?"

"I'm not sure. She is one headstrong girl."

"Well, there is only one way for me to find out."

 

+++++ End +++++