Eighteen

Before All The Longings

 

+++++

 

Bella opens the door with a frown face as she is greeted with a drunk Yifan. She was wondering who would be visiting at two in the morning as the doorbell kept being rang that she couldn't ignore it anymore and forced herself to wake up from her beauty sleep.

"You..."

She sighs as she closes the front door before turning around to look at the male that is standing at then entryway with his back facing her. How much did he drink anyway? Even if they were having so much fun, Minseok wouldn't let anyone drink this much. That is why she had no worries when Luhan asked her for permission over the phone regarding the bachelor party. She knew Minseok well enough about things like this.

"Nothing... happened..."

Bella steps closer and takes the taller's arm, bringing it around her neck as she pushes Yifan to walk forward, nodding at the repeated words. "Yes, yes. I trust you. Nothing happened. Now let's get you to bed before something does happen." They almost passed the living room when the pair of feet beside her refuses to move and she looks up to scold the taller, only to meet with round eyes staring straight at her. "Yi..."

The soft lips he touches with his owns stir something in his stomach that threatens to come up but Yifan doesn't let go of the face he held in his hands. Nothing happened 'that' night so he can do this. He should be doing this even if something did happened because they are promised to be married. It is his right to do this.

Her lower lip is being gnawed roughly and Bella takes the chance to breathe deeply before pushing the erratic chest away from her, eyes blinking repeatedly as her mind is trying to figure out what is happening. "Yifan! What are you..."

He dives back down and keeps kissing the slightly bruised lips, hands securing the small waist inside his hold as slender arms keep trying to fight their way out, making his feet walking aimlessly before the back of his knees hit the sofa and he falls down on it, with Bella on top of him. This is right. There is nothing wrong about this.

Bella gasps when cold fingers managed to slide under her pajama shirt and are caressing her sides softly, sending goosebumps all over her body as her lips being ravaged over. She tries to break away from the toned arms once more but Yifan is just too strong for her. It is not that she disliking what is going on at the moment but she needs an explanation for the sudden behaviour.

Something soft comes in contact with his palms and a surge of realization goes right to his brain, sobering him up, eyes wide open as he pulls away, hands and all, and meets with a confused look on a pretty face. What was he doing? "Bella..."

"Oh, you do know who I am. I thought you were mistaken me with some random girl. So, mind explaining this?"

Yifan looks down at the position they are in and purses his lips. Bella is on his lap, her hands spread open on his chest with eyes looking at him, demanding an answer. She is supposed to be angry at him but her face is showing a cutely dissatisfied one instead. "I..."

"You what?" Bella puts her hands at each side of her waist. "What made you do that? Why did you drink so much? Did something actually happen?" She gets nothing and breathes out. "Fine, have it your way then."

Yifan stiffens when soft lips meeting his chapped ones, a pair of arms circling around his neck as tongue trying to make its way into his mouth. He quickly turns his head to the side when the situation finally get digested by his brain but warms hands are cupping his cheeks and making him facing the front again. "Bella, wha..."

"It's fine." Bella pushes the taller's body to the side, making Yifan lay down on the sofa as she straddles him. She stares at the shocked face before leaning down to the male's lips, ignoring the words that were trying to come out. She knows the reason behind Yifan's earlier behavior wasn't just the booze. Something happened that made the male decided to get wasted and the conclusion he reached made him act like that. She pulls the upper thin lip with her lips. She won't let this opportunity to to waste.

"Bella, wait..."

She shakes her head and continues to play with the other's lips, kissing it roughtly as her tongue wrestles with the male's in his mouth. They had kissed before but never like this, and it was always her that initiate it. Yifan would reply but it felt like she was kissing a stone with human lips. Rigid and empty. The drunk kisses Yifan gave her just now blew those other kisses to oblivion.

He feels his shirt being slid up as he tries to break free from the kiss and quickly pulls the hands away from his torso. It makes the other stop what she was doing and straightens her back, lust eyes are staring at him. "Bella, listen to me first. I..."

She has always wear her pajama shirt like this; leaving the few upper and lower buttons untouched and only buttoning the middle ones as she is lazy like that, and wearing a bra to sleep is so uncomfortable. She sees how Yifan's eyes widen a little bit when she spreads open the shirt after ning it and stays like that for a moment, wanting to see more of the other's reaction. "I will do everything."

Yifan's breath hitches when Bella dives down and kisses his neck, biting a small part of it quickly before soothing it with her tongue a second later. He brings his hands up to stop her but her exposed s are brushing against his clothes torso and he is lost for a moment, before he reaches for the pajama shirt that is hanging around her back and bring them to the front, pushing Bella away from his neck and quickly covers her front.

Bella bites her lower lip at the action, hands trying hard to peel Yifan's fingers off her pajama shirt but the male is shaking his head at her and she doesn't understand. The other just need to lay there and she will do everything without complaining. Why is that still not enough? "Why..."

"This... isn't right..."

"What do you mean?! It is perfectly fine for people be doing this! They don't even have to know each other's name, le alone we that are going to marry soon! We should have done ages ago!

The sniffles catch him off guard and he tries to pull Bella away from him again when she dropped herself on top of him but the slender arms are hugging his neck tightly and his strength dissipates at the soft sobs against his ear. "Bella..."

"I know... you don't love me... but... you can't play... with my heart like this..."

Yifan breathes in deeply, heart broken in pieces as he brings his hands around the trembling back, hugging Bella gently. He knows how unfair he has been treating her for the past years. He admits when he saw her for the first time, his heart skipped a little at the thought of this beautiful person is going to be his wife. But some things don't meant to run smoothly.

"Our parent will understand if you called it off... I understand why would you call it off... I just..."

"No."

Bella blinks, her remaining tears fall along her cheeks as she tries to breath with her stuffed nose. Did she hear it right?

"If... you would have me... I will try.. to be better..."

She swallows the lump in , waiting for Yifan's next words.

"It might take some time, but I promise I will do better. Please wait for me."

She lifts her face from Yifan's side and stares at the haggard face. The black orbs are looking at her with such sincere and it brings her back to when she first saw him. She was against the idea but the small smile she received when they exchanged look made her thanked her parents later. The eyes she is looking at right now are the same ones from back then. "Are you... sure?"

Yifan nods slightly, pushing aside the few strands of hair that are coveing the small forehead. "I will be good."

Bella smiles widely, nodding before leaning down to kiss Yifan on the lips. The way he kisses back isn't as good as the drunk one but she would choose this over soulless one any time. She doesn't know what happened at the party that made Yifan acted how he was earlier but she is glad that it happened.

Yifan breathes in when Bella pulls away, shaking his head at her gesture that is playfully trying to take off her clothes again. He turns his head sideway when she teases to do it before little giggles reach his ears and he being pinned by her small body again, arms wrapping tightly around his shoulders. He had wondered if the thing the Korean male told him would even change anything after all these years but it turns out that it would change everything.

 

+++++

 

Sophia opens the bedroom door slightly, peeking her head inside the lightly lit room a little. "Oppa, are you awake yet?" She sees the blanket move about before she is met with her brother's sleepy face. "It is already eleven-thirty."

"Five more minutes."

She pushes the door fully and invites herself in, walking straight to the bed and sits at the edge of it. "Wake up already, you lazy brother. Your breakfast already went cold so I ate them for your and now we need to find some lunch."

Joonmyeon hits the nearest flesh he could reach and looks up at the fresh face that is winching in pain, hand rubbing the sore spot on her thigh. "If it's already eleven, why are you still here? Aren't you supposed to be at work by now?"

"A friend asked to change her shift with me. Now, about that lunch."

He smiles weakly as he pulls his blanket over his shoulder. "Could you go alone? I don't have the mood to get up today, let alone going out even to eat."

Sophia frowns as she watches her brother close his eyes again and make himself comfortable under his blanket. She brings her hand up the the older's forehead, checkiing the temperature with the back of her hand. "You don't have a fever."

"I don't."

"Then, why are you hibernating like this?"

Joonmyeon shrugs as he doesn't know why he doesn't have any energy to do anything today. Thank goodness that it is the weekend. "If you don't mind, we can go out after a few hours. I'm sure I will be fully recharged by then." He watches as his little sister heads to the door and he feels a bit sorry for disappointing her, but Sophia instead closes his bedroom door than exiting out, and he frowns at the younger that is standing beside his bed looking down at him.

"Move over."

He does as he being told and shifts slightly to the side, watching Sophia crawl under his blanket and settle herself next to him.

Sophia turns her head towards her older brother. "You have dampened my mood so this is the price you have to pay!" She sees a smile on the handsome face and turns back to the front, staring at the ceiling. "How long since we last laying down together like this?"

"Last week when you forced me to sleep with you in the living room after watching that horror movie."

She glares at this annoying person and breathes out. She traces the decoration on the ceiling panels with her eyes, letting her mind wander around. "Oppa."

"Hm?'

"How is school?"

Joonmyeon smirks with his eyes closed. "It is fine. The exams are starting next week. Then we can go on vacation like we talked about."

"Really? Then I need to tell Mr. Jirayu and Mr. Harit about it. We are going to the beach, right?"

"Yeah, wherever you want to. Have you found somewhere?"

"I have a few places in mind."

Joonmyeon nods. Somehow his breathing has matched with the younger and he feels a bit better than just now. "How about you? How is work? Did you brake any plates or messing up people's orders?"

"I did no such thing. Your little sister is much more awesomer than you think."

He nods and the talk flashes a conversation he once had with Jirayu. "May I know what are you going to do with all the money you saved?" The younger almost never spend her money as their father still giving both of them some allowance, saying it is one of the thing hat he still can do as a father. He didn't argue and use it for the house expenses and stuff.

Sophia purses her lips. She is working two jobs but both with minimal salary so she still has a long way to go before she could execute her plan but she is getting there. "I can't tell you yet. It is a suprise for you and dad so please wait a little longer." She hears an okay and smiles to herself. Everything is going to be okay.

"I am hungry..."

"I told you we should have gone to lunch. Dad said he will be cooking dinner tonight so we need to go grocery shopping too. Oh!" She turns to look at the older as the mention of grocery shopping reminds her of something. "I finally saw Baekhyun oppa's boyfriend!"

Joonmyeon faces the younger as well and smiles. "Isn't he handsome? Where did you see him?"

"Somewhere near the club. I was at the nearby mart buying soy sauce when I recognized Baekhyun oppa from across the street. They were being lovery-dovey and his boyfriend was so tall! He was handsome but he is just okay to me."

He rolls his eyes. If someone as handsome and tall as Joss only got an 'okay' from her, how high is her taste? "Looks like you will never find yourself a boyfriend at this rate. Joss is the perfect boyfriend one could ever get."

"I could say the same thing to you! But it is fine. Who needs a boyfriend when you have a cute sister like me, right? Please be grateful, oppa." A snicker enters her ears and Sophia chuckles silently. She breathes in deeply before letting it out little by little. If anyone should be thankful of the other's existance, it would be her. Seeing the older again after two years lifted this heavy guilt in her chest and she made a promise to herself that they won't separate from each other ever again.

"Sophia." Joonmyeon waits for a response and turns his head when nothing come out from his little sister. The younger seems to have fallen asleep and he changes his position, laying on his side as he stares at the pretty face. He tucks in the hands that were over the blanket and breathes out. Sophia has went through so much because of him and he doesnb't know how he would ever atone for that.

A pair of lips kisses her temple and Sophia tries not to cry. She can sense from the simple touch that it wasn't a happy one but a way of the older saying he is sorry for everything. She had told him again and again that it wasn't his fault. That is was the group of busybodies that couldn't keep their mouth to themselves and blabbered things about her brother to their mother.

Joonmyeon pokes the small nose and giggles at the scrunched face he get. People has this image of the younger being a weakling because of her cute face but she was mature than him in many ways. That is why he didn't need to think twice before telling her about his 'secret'. She was so accepting that she offered to bring the topic up when he is ready to tell their parents.

Sophia turns to her side, throwing an arm over the older's torso and tangles their legs together. She hears a grunt and ignores it, inching closer as she snuggles against her brother. After the night Joonmyeon was chased out of the house, she dreamt about the same thing over and over. She begged their mother to take the older back and went to find him when that didn't work, but it only resulting them to move from one place to another, away from her own son. She didn't understand what did her brother had done that was so wrong that she wanted to cut ties with him. The thought of her own blood liking the same gender was so disgusting to her.

He finally gives up after the many attempts to free himself failed and accepts his fate of being a body pillow, literally. He brings a hand up, caressing the black locks as he stares at the younger's face, mind playing a conversation he had with Bella a few days ago. Bella wanted to be their big sister so that people would love her like he and Sophia. He can only hope with what he had told the Chinese male, Bella would be loved by him as she deserves.

 

+++++