Junior Jester

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or one of the times Taemin realized his son takes after him

"Oppa, this is serious!"

"I'm sorry," Taemin continued to laugh, "It's just that... he's definitely my son!"

Naeun glared at him. "Of course. He's your son. You're like two peas in a pod. I'm even starting to worry you're too alike," she said, rolling her eyes, as she carried Haneul with one arm while she picked up some of her toys with her other hand. "You have to talk to him."

"Why do I have to talk to him?" he asked, furrowing his brows. "You're the scolding parent. I'm the fun parent." While they both had their share of parenting moments, Naeun had always been the stricter one. She was the parent who was in charge of discipling the kids. She was the one who made them eat their veggies and imposed bed times while Taemin was the one who whined with their children. He was basically her firstborn, the first of her three kids.

"Was I the one who bit people when I was younger? Wasn't that you?" she challenged before picking up her daughter's packed bag. "Haneul and I are going to hang out with Hayoung imo. Right aegi?"

Haneul nodded enthusiastically. "Hayoung Imo!" she cheered.

Naeun giggled. "Now, go kiss your Appa bye bye and tell him to be a good boy while we're gone," she said and tilted her towards her dad.

Taemin pouted but craned his neck just in time for Haneul to give him a sloppy cheek kiss. "Appa, be good, okay?" she warned with her cute pointy finger.

He chuckled. "I will. You have fun with Eomma and Imo."

"Yoonjae-ah," Taemin called out to his son when he opened the door to his room.

"Oh?" the four year old answered, but his eyes were focused on the Lego tower he was building.

"Can Appa talk to you for a moment?"

"Okay, Appa," he said and obediently sat down on his bed, his father following suit and taking a seat next to him.

"You know your teacher talked to Eomma and Appa a while ago right? Do you know why?"

He nodded. "I'm in trouble, aren't I?"

"Well do you know what you did?"

The little boy looked down guiltily.

"Yoonjae, look at Appa," Taemin coaxed gently.

Yoonjae reluctantly looked at his father.

"Now, tell Appa what you did."

"But Appa already knows, right? My teacher told you!"

"Yes she did but I want you to tell me your side of the story. Tell Appa what you did and why you did it."

Yoonjae pursed his lips, contemplating on what he should do. He knew that what he did was wrong and he knew that he was going to get scolded one way or another.

"I promise I won't get mad," Taemin offered when he saw his son deep in thought.

He gave his dad one last look before finally speaking up. "I bit Kyungho on his arm one time and he didn't cry. But then I did it again and he didn't cry again but, Appa, the third time I bit him he cried and told our teacher!"

"Isn't Kyungho your best friend?"

He nodded.

"Then why did you bite him?"

"Which time, Appa?" he asked innocently.

Taemin had to hold back his laughter. His son was only in Kindergarten but he has already proven more than once how hilarious he can be without even knowing it. "How bout we start with the first time?"

Yoonjae tip tapped on his chin, recalling the events of his biting incident. "Appa, Kyungho was a bad friend and he didn't wanna stop when I told him to so I bit him and then he stopped. And then the next day, he was being mean again so I bit him again and he stopped. So when he was being bad again a while ago, I bit him again and he stopped. But he also cried and told on me."

"Yoonjae-ah," he called his name softly,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter