Swinging Symptoms

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or the roller-coaster ride for Taemin that's Naeun's second pregnancy

 

Cravings

"Oppa," she whispered, softly tapping her husband's shoulder. When he didn't move, she tried again, her voice louder. "Oppa, wake up."

Taemin stirred then jolted up when he realized he was being woken up by her. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" he said hurriedly even before his eyes completely opened up.

Naeun couldn’t help but chuckle at him. Ever since they found out they were having their second child, her husband had been hovering more than necessary. She had seriously thought he’d be calmer during this second one but he turned out to be an even more doting dad "Ani, Oppa. I'm okay. But the baby is hungry," she pouted.

He put a hand on her tummy and caressed softly. "What does the baby want?"

"Cream puffs!" she exclaimed excitedly. She used to be obsessed with cream puffs back when she was a trainee and she and Hayoung even had a code when one of them wanted it and had to eat it in secret. Her cravings for the sweet treat came back and doubled with her pregnancy.

Taemin, on the other hand, mentally cheered because he had previously stocked their pantry with her favorite cream puffs, knowing full well how she'd always ask for them.

"But I don't like the cream puffs that we have. I want new ones, Oppa,” she told him, interrupting his mental celebration.

Of course it wouldn’t be that easy.

"What's wrong with the ones we have?"

"I don't know. I just don't want them,” she shrugged.

"Ahrasseo," he smiled at her before finally getting out of bed and grabbing a shirt to wear.

"Oppa, the baby also wants tteukbokki.”

He nodded in understanding then proceeded to put on some pants. “But I can’t have your tteokbokki too spicy, okay? We don’t want you to have heartburn again.”

Naeun smiled. She truly did have the best husband, “Ahrasseo, Oppa.”

_

After scouring the streets of Seoul at 2 am, Taemin finally managed to get everything his wife wanted and went home feeling satisfied with himself but when he entered the house, he saw her sprawled out on the couch, slightly snoring. There were also empty packets of the cream puffs she didn't want on the coffee table.

"Hey," he whispered and she stirred awake, sitting up. "Aegi, I have your food here."

"Don't want anymore," she mumbled sleepily, burying her face on his chest.

He couldn't do anything but chuckle at his wife. “Ahrasseo, my aegi. How bout we just take you to bed so you can sleep more comfortably, yeah?”

Naeun nodded against him, wrapping her arms around his neck as he carried her up the stairs to their room.

 


Mood swings

“But, aegi, this is bunggeopang,” Taemin said calmly, holding up the plastic of the remaining fish-shaped bread to his frowning wife.

Naeun threw the piece she was holding in the trash then faced him, her lips starting to tremble. “You hate me, don’t you?”

Taemin’s eyes widened. “What are you talking about? Aegi, I love you. What are you even saying?”

“Then why are you not doing what I asked you to do?”

“Aegi, you asked me to buy you bunggeopang and I did! What else—”

He stopped talking when he saw the tears started to fall, his heart immediately melting, ultimately feeling guilty even though he didn't know what he did wrong. “Aegi, I'm sorry,” he whispered and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter