Adorable Ahjussis

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or the time Taemin had a business trip and had to leave a pregnant Naeun to his hyungs’ care.

 

 

“Are you sure you’re gonna be okay?” he asked for probably the tenth time that day. They were cuddled on the couch with her snuggled to him. It was early in the morning and they were waiting for his driver to pick him up.

She nodded before looking up and then reaching to kiss his chin. “Don’t worry about me, Oppa. I’ll be fine.”

“You’re 6 months pregnant and I’ll be in another country, aegi-ah. Of course I’ll be worried about you,” he said softly before sighing. “What if I just cancel and stay here instead? Hmm?”

“Aish, Oppa!” she frowned before playfully pushing him. “We talked about this already. It’s just 2 days. You’ll arrive the day after tomorrow. I’ll be okay,” she assured.

“But—”

“No buts!” she cut him off and pushed him again, this time forcing him to stand up. “Oppa, your ride will be here soon. Let’s get you ready to go.”

Pouting, he helped her up to her feet before wrapping her in his arms. “I’ll miss you.”

Smiling, she hugged him back, as much as her belly would allow her to be close to him. “Aigo,” she chuckled after she pulled away. “And they say pregnant women are clingy. They should all meet my husband instead.” 

With his hands still around her waist, he let her fix the collar of his shirt and push his hair back, all the while repeating her reminders to him: eat on time, reminder to call his mom because she was asking what he wanted from her trip to Hong Kong with his dad, etc. He loved it when she did those things. Call him a sap of a husband or maybe a prisoner of traditional gender roles but he loved it when she took good care of him. His heart fluttered whenever he would wake up to the sound and smell (albeit sometimes burning) of her cooking breakfast or whenever she would fix his tie before he left for work.

She caught him staring and stopped. “What?”

He smiled and cupped her face in his hands and kissed her tenderly. “Nothing. I’m just gonna miss you.”

“I’ll miss you, too, Oppa.”

When the doorbell rang, Taemin grabbed his travel bag and went to open the door while she grabbed the lunchbox she had prepared for him from the kitchen countertop then walked after him, only to stop on her tracks when it wasn’t the driver she saw by the door.

“Annyeong!” Key’s voice boomed as soon as the door opened, startling Naeun even more.

She watched with wide eyes as Key and then Minho entered the apartment, both having what looked like overnight bags on their backs. Craning her head, she saw that Jinki was standing by the doorway. He smiled and greeted her with a wave.

Still dumbfounded, she waved back before turning to her husband for answers. “What…”

“Aegi-ah, I couldn’t possibly leave you alone for two days so I asked hyungs for help,” he explained, smiling sheepishly before kissing her on the cheek. “Jinki hyung is driving me to the airport and those hyungs,” he pointed at the two who were already raiding their kitchen, “will stay with you till I get back."

Naeun looked at her husband then the two who smiled widely at her and then at her husband again, “Babysitters, Oppa, really?” she pouted.

His response was to kiss her pouty lips before taking the lunchbox from her. “Just two days, right?”

“But Oppa,” she whined then pulled at the hem of his shirt to pull him closer. She was about to reach up again to kiss him but stopped when she realized that Jinki was still by the doorway, patiently waiting. She looked at him, slightly embarrassed.

Shinee’s leader only rolled his eyes at her playfully before looking away.

She wound her arms around his neck before mouthing, “Why them though?”

Chuckling, Taemin whispered, “They were the only ones available the last minute.” Then wrapped her in his arms again.

Their embrace was interrupted by Key’s loud voice, “Yah, it's just two days! Ah really these two," he clicked his tongue. "Taemin-ah, you better go or you'll miss your flight."

Ignoring him, Naeun didn't move an inch but it was Taemin who pulled away. He gave her another kiss before crouching down and kissing her belly, too. "Don't give Eomma too much trouble, okay?"

It took a few more pushing and urging before they finally got him out of the apartment and with Jinki, leaving Naeun with Key and Minho. She looked at them. Minho was seated by the counter and he was reading intently what seemed like one of her pregnancy books while Key sat down in the middle of the living room, rummaging through his oversized overnight bag. He looked up and smiled at her before whipping out some board game from the bag. “Are you ready to have fun, Naeun-ah?” 

But before she could reply, Minho piped up, "Did you know that during pregnancy, your feet can swell and grow one full shoe size?" he asked, amazed, eyes never leaving the book. "Yah, and it says there's a possibility they won't go back to normal after pregnancy," he gasped, before flipping the page. "Interesting."

These two days might be longer than she imagined.

 

 

They were seated around the coffee table in the living room, having their lunch. The morning was quite uneventful apart from the fight over paying rent in Monopoly that led to Minho almost flipping the board game over, ultimately stopping the game.

All three of them were quiet as they ate, eyes focused on some crime show on TV. They all seemed to mind their own business but when Naeun pushed her plate away because she was done eating, both pairs of eyes looked at her.

"Naeun-ah, finish your food. Taeminnie said to make sure you eat a lot," Key explained and looked at her pointedly. 

Naeun pouted. "But, Oppa, I already ate a lot!" she complained. 

"Just a bit more," Minho urged and pushed her plate back to her. She looked at them and they were both watching her, just waiting until she picked her chopsticks up again. Realizing she had no other choice, she picked them up and put a piece of meat in . Only then did the two smile. Key went back to eating and watching TV while Minho grabbed the book again, "Did you know that placenta in Latin means cake?" 

"Huh?"

"A lot of mammals eat their placenta after their babies are born. Maybe that's why it's called cake," he mused before Key hit the back of his head. 

"Yah, pabo, why would you say that while we're eating?" 

Minho glared at him. "I'm just saying what the book is saying!" 

"Aish!" 

And as they started to bicker, Naeun only watched, still eating her food. 

Strangely, she now craved for cake. Ew. 

_

"Here, I cut more fruits for you," Key said and put another plate of freshly peeled and cut apples and peaches in front of her. 

"Ah, Oppa, you shouldn't give me too much fruit," she complained but still grabbed a piece of apple and popped it into .

"It's fruit, it's good for you and the baby."

"Still, too much of it might give me heartburn." 

His eyes widened, "Really? Oh no, I didn't know that," he said and tried to grab the plate but she stopped him. 

"Oppa, I just said might," she smiled at him cutely and he let her have her fruit. 

As if on queue, Minho entered. “Naeun-ah, do you get heartburn often?”

“Not really often but when I eat spicy food or acidic food.”

He nodded in understanding then pointed at something in the book he was still holding, “There’s this old tale that might actually be true. It says that when you have heartburn often, the baby will be born with hair.”

“What?”

“Ah, that’s amazing, Naeun-ah,” Key butted in, “That means your baby won’t be bald! It won’t be like those ugly bald babies.”

Naeun rolled her eyes. As if their baby would be anywhere near ugly. “Oppa, how can you even say that about babies?” 

“It’s true though! There are really ugly babies,” he mumbled.

Rolling her eyes at him, she was about to eat more peaches but felt a pain on her foot, making her wince and making the two look at her immediately. In seconds, they were already hovering over her.

“What’s wrong, Naeun-ah?”

“Just a little cramp on my foot,” she complained.

“Let me,” Minho sat on the carpet near him and grabbed her left foot and started to massage her heels. 

“Aniyo, Oppa, you don’t have to一” she started to protest but stopped when she felt relief on her foot.

“Just relax, okay?” he smiled at her. “I’m pretty good at this.”

Key scoffed, “I’ll get you some juice, Naeun-ah, okay? He’s right though, you should relax.”

After a minute or two, Key came back with freshly squeezed orange juice for her. She thanked him and took a sip and her eyes widened at how good it tasted. She looked at Minho who was still busy with her foot. She started to think that maybe it wasn’t so bad to have them over, after all.

But then Minho started to point at the pressure points on her foot, this one can make you feel dizzy, this is connected to your left a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter