Meeting Mommy

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or when Taemin told their children the tale of how he and Naeun met a.k.a. making them watch their We Got Married episodes

Taemin knew that the day would come when one of their children would ask about how he met their mother. He always had this plan in his head of how he’d tell the greatest story ever told. He even had an idea of writing a song just for the occasion. But they were all just plans.

He figured it would take years before any of his three children would be curious. What he didn’t expect was that his little Haneul, at only five years old, would suddenly ask him one morning.

His wife had just left to have brunch with his mother in law and go shopping so he was in charge of looking after the kids.

Nope, it's not babysitting when they're your children, Oppa Naeun always told him.

"Appa," Haneul said in a sing-song voice when she entered the living room. He was seated on the couch and about two feet away from him was Junho on the mat on the floor, playing with his blocks.

"Yes, aegi?" he asked, his eyes momentarily leaving Junho, facing his daughter.

"I have a question," she smiled cheekily before sitting beside her Appa.

"What is it?"

"Appa, how did you meet Eomma?"

He was a bit taken aback. He wasn’t prepared to tell the greatest story ever told yet. “Why do you wanna know, aegi?”

Haneul shrugged. “Yesterday, my friend Jihyun said her appa met her eomma at a boat and said they have the best love story in the world!”

Taemin scoffed.

Yeah, right!

“Eomma and Appa’s love story is the best!”

“That’s what I said, Appa!” his daughter replied with the same duhh expression. “But then Jihyun asked how you and Eomma met and I didn’t know so she didn’t believe me, Appa!”

Her Appa thought for a moment before an idea popped into his head. His face lit up. "Haneul, stay here with Junho for a little bit okay?" he told his daughter before shouting for Yoonjae who was in his room. "Yoonjae-ah, come out here for a second! Family meeting!"

Hurrying back to his home office, Taemin went through all the stacked up CDs and DVDs till he finally saw what he was looking for.

He came back to the living room to see his three kids seated on the couch, Junho in between his older siblings as they fussed over him.

Taemin cleared his throat and all three pairs of eyes turned to him. "Okay, kids, Appa has something to say."

"Ohh, are we watching a movie, Appa?" Haneul asked excitedly.

"Better," her Appa smiled as he put in the DVD, "It's the greatest love story ever known." He hurriedly went over to the couch, lifting Junho up and squishing himself between Yoonjae and Haneul. "Get ready, kids!"

Yoonjae and Haneul looked at him, confused, before turning their attention back to the screen.

The show starts with the doorbell being rung and the commentators gushing over the new couple of the show, and then Key opening the door.

The kids began to squeal. “It’s Key samcheon! Appa, it’s Key samcheon!” Haneul exclaimed.

“That’s right, aegi,” he replied, smiling.

Soon, Onew and Taemin are shown in the living room of the old Shinee dorm. After the chaos, Taemin’s introduction is shown.

“Ahh, Appa, you look so handsome!” Haneul said sweetly, smiling up at her Appa. Next to their mother, his kids were definitely his biggest flatterers. How can his ego not blow up with these cuties?

“Appa, why is your hair like that?” Yoonjae asked. “I want that hair color, too! Key samcheon said he can color my hair. Can I have my hair colored, Appa?" his five year old asked.

"Uhh… You have to ask Eomma about that, buddy,” he said unsurely. One thing he knew was that his wife has to know that none of it was his idea. "Make sure to tell him it was Key samcheon who told you, okay, buddy?"

Yoonjae looked confused but nodded.

Taemin skipped a few of the scenes because he didn't want his kids to see him and his hyungs talking about other women. The next scenes were finally his wife's part.

Naeun’s features were shown and the kids squealed even louder than before.

"'mma! 'mma!” Junho shouted excitedly as his chubby hands tried to reach for his Eomma on the TV.

“Yeah, that’s right, Junho. That’s your Eomma. Isn’t she so beautiful?”

Junho’s response was to clap while babbling incoherently.

All the men in his family were definitely under his wife's spell. They're head over heels in love with their Eomma. It was something they got from their Appa.

Soon, it's finally Naeun's introduction interview. He glanced at his kids who were focused on the television, their eyes wide and mouths almost hanging open as they watched their Eomma in awe.

They were definitely his children.

Taemin immediately felt his heart flutter as the familiar scene unraveled. Soft music played and just like before, at that moment, there were butterflies in his stomach as he saw his wife. He was sure he was already wearing the same expression as his three kids but he didn't care. Naeun was a sight to behold. Still is. Waking up next to her every morning was still something he looked forward to.

Just as quickly as the first episode came by, with his kids laughing at him for looking sick, Thank you, kids, they were able to pass through the next episodes. Of course not without all of his kids' comments and questio

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter