Yoonjae's Yeojachingu

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Or the time Yoonjae had his first girlfriend.

 

Taemin was busy checking his emails in his office when he heard the door open. He looked up to see his son walking in. “Yoonjae-ah,” he called him with a smile, closing his laptop then opening his arms. “You’re here?”

The 7, almost 8, year old ran towards his appa and he caught him in his arms with a thud before chuckling. “Aigo, my boy is getting so big. Few more years and you’ll be taller than appa!” he teased and peppered kisses all over his face, making him laugh.

“Aniyo, Appa!” the little boy tried to push his appa’s face away, still laughing.

He had always been an affectionate father. He and Naeun wanted their kids to grow up in a loving home where there were always hugs and kisses. They figured it was the best way to raise their kids. Taemin was just glad that even though his firstborn was growing up so fast, he still didn’t shy away from receiving all those hugs and kisses from his Appa.

“Can we go to the mall tomorrow, Appa?” he asked with a shy smile.

He kissed his temple. “Mall? Waeyo?”

Yoonjae looked down before replying, “Cos... I have to buy a gift for my friend.”

“Hmmm, well let’s ask Eomma and thenー”

“Aniyo, Appa!” he interrupted. “Just Appa and Yoonjae. No eomma.”

His eyes widened. Everybody knew that their son was a momma’s boy. Everything he did, he almost always had his eomma with him and since his wife was a hands-on mom, she was on top of everything with not just Yoonjae but all of their kids. Typically, everything in the house was also run by Eomma. When the kids wanted something, they had to ask Eomma, whether it was juice, a school project or even permission to do things, it was Eomma they turned to. Appa was always there, sure, and sometimes he did the scolding, too, but authority was definitely on Eomma. 

“You don’t have power in your house. You’re basically Naeun’s firstborn,” his Key hyung would always but he didn’t mind. He liked it when his wife was in control of the household. 

He looked at his son again. “Why can’t we bring Eomma?” 

Yoonjae just shrugged before busting out his puppy dog eyes. “Please, Appa?”

“Aigo, arasso. How about Appa picks you up from soccer practice tomorrow and we can head to the mall after?” he offers, knowing full well he was giving in too soon.

“Thank you, Appa!” he squealed and hugged him again and kissed his cheek and then dashed off to leave the study, leaving his Appa a little dumbfounded.

Taemin shook his head with a smile.

Yep, he definitely had no power in the house.

 

 

 

 

Just like he had promised, he picked up Yoonjae from soccer practice even though it was his wife’s turn that day. He knew he couldn’t really lie to his wife so he said that he just wanted to buy something for Yoonjae at the mall, which was technically true, too. 

Naeun agreed, telling him that she had scheduled a playdate with Chorong and her daughter Chaeyong after daycare anyways and that she can take Haneul with her.

They went to the mall and he just followed as Yoonjae took the lead in looking around the department store. After about 15 minutes, the little boy still didn’t seem to find anything he wanted. “Son, is there anything particular you’re looking for?” he asked.

Yoonjae shrugged his shoulders and just continued walking. 

After a few more minutes, he finally stopped and then looked up at his Appa and tugged on his shirt. “Appa, what was the first gift you gave my eomma?"

Taemin looked at him. His eyes were big and curious as he waited for his Appa's answer. Meanwhile, his Appa, being as clueless as ever at times was just finally realizing that they were buying a gift for the girl his son likes. Smiling, he put a hand on Yoonjae's shoulder. "Hmm, well the first gift I gave Eomma was a rosary bracelet.”

"Did she like it, Appa?" 

"Of course she did! She wore it everyday," he said proudly. 

Nodding, Yoonjae said nothing else before darting off to another section of the department store, with his Appa following behind. His eyes widened at the variety of jewelry in front of him. He looked up at his Appa again with a frown. He reached inside his pocket and showed his appa a wad of cash. "Do you think my money would be enough, Appa?" 

His appa’s mouth opened in shock. 

“I saved it from the money eomma gives!”

Even though it wasn’t that much money from what he could observe, it was a surprise to him that his son was able to save, at all. He didn’t even know that his son was aware of the concept of saving. Naeun always prepares their lunch boxes so that they won’t have to buy their food but she still gave them a bit of money each time if they wanted to buy some candy or some small trinkets they could find at school. He took the money from Yoonjae. “Aigo, look at my little saver!” he chuckled. “Why don’t you choose what you think she’ll like, okay? Then we’ll see if we have enough money for it.”

In the end, they ended up buying a cute bracelet with red beads and stones. It wasn't that expensive but the money he had wasn't enough and had to get a "loan" from his Appa. 

After their successful shopping, they had dinner at Yoonjae's favorite restaurant before heading home. 

“Appa, do you think Areum would like my gift for her?” Yoonjae asked 

“Of course, buddy. Why wouldn’t she?”

Yoonjae shrugged.

“You put so much effort in choosing a gift for her, Yoonjae. And it’s pretty, too. So I’m sure she’ll appreciate it. Don’t worry too much about it, arasso?”

Nodding, Yoonjae smiled. “Arasso, Appa. Thank you for helping Yoonjae today.”

He smiled back. "You're welcome, Yoonjae."

 _

“Oh, you’re home?” Naeun smiled brightly the moment they entered the house but then put a finger on her lips to tell them to be quiet because Junho was sleeping in her arms while lightly snoring Haneul was on the couch,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter