Baby's Boyfriend

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or the time Taemin found out about Haneul’s boyfriend

Taemin was patiently waiting for his daughter outside of her classroom in kindergarten. Typically, it's his wife who has drop off and pick up duty but with the additional shoots she was doing after the big reunion of Apink, his role as house husband had also extended. But he wasn't complaining. He loved spending time with their kids, albeit all the craziness and chaos that come with it. It actually just makes him appreciate his wife all the more for being such an amazing mother and single handedly taking good care of the three whenever he was out.

After about 15 minutes of waiting, the bell finally rang and he immediately stood up from his chair to head straight to the door of his daughter's class.

When the teacher opened the door, he greeted her warmly and looked behind her to catch a glimpse of Haneul. When he saw the French braid he did that morning, a smile formed on his lips.

But soon the smile faded when he saw that his daughter, his precious Haneul, was laughing while holding hands with a boy. He was about to barge in but a swarm of children started to get out of the room so he tried to calm himself instead and waited until Haneul got out.

The moment she saw him outside, the little girl ran out towards him. "Appa!" she shouted excitedly and Taemin immediately caught her in his arms.

"There's my aegi," he smiled, placing a kiss on her forehead, momentarily forgetting what he had just witnessed. "How was school?"

"It was fun, Appa. We painted flowers and sang new songs and then—" Haneul stopped talking then suddenly squealed. "Appa, that's my boyfriend, Myungsoo!" Haneul exclaimed, pointing at the same boy who was now with who he assumed was his mother a few feet away from them. Haneul shimmied down until her dad put her down.

Flustered, Taemin was about to grab his daughter's hand and bolt out of there as fast as possible but stopped when he noticed that the pair were walking towards them.

Keep calm, Taemin.

Haneul greeted the mom while the boy greeted him politely. "Annyeonghaseyo, Yoo Myungsoo imninda."

After his greeting, however, the boy immediately turned to his daughter and began to talk.

"Annyeonghaseyo," the mom greeted him. "Naeun-ssi typically is the one doing pick ups. I don't think we've met. I'm Yoonjung, Myungsoo's eomma."

He greeted her back. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Taemin, Haneul's appa. Uh, my wife's currently just busy so I'm in charge of the kids in the meantime," he smiled politely.

"It's nice that you're doing this for her. I can't begin to tell you how my husband doesn't lift a finger…" as the woman began to talk, Taemin found himself spacing out because 1) he wasn't interested in what she was saying and 2) he was keeping a close eye on Haneul and the little boy trying to make her laugh.

What a punk.

He can almost feel himself fuming with anger. It was only when the woman called his attention that he got out of his reverie. "Taemin-ssi?"

"Ah, yes, sorry," he tried to smile.

She laughed. "It would seem that our kids are really close, huh? You don't know how many times my little Myungsoo asked me to pack him an extra juice box to give to his girlfriend."

HANEUL BRINGS HER OWN JUICE BOX. SHE DOESN'T NEED SOME BOY TO GIVE HER ONE.

He mentally notes to pack more food for Haneul's lunchbox the next day.

Taemin finally had enough and excused himself from the woman, saying they had to go.

"Oh, of course!" she replied, then called her son. "Dear, it's time for Haneul to go home. Go say your goodbye."

Before Taemin could say anything, Myungsoo leaned in and gave Haneul a kiss on the cheek, making the little girl smile. "See you tomorrow, Haneul!"

"Goodbye, Myungsoo!"

Enraged, Taemin picked up Haneul and swiftly walked towards their car.

"Haneul, your friend a while ago, Myungsoo, was it?" Taemin asked his daughter, looking at her through the rearview mirror. They were now on their way to pick up Yoonjae from his soccer practice.

"Appa, he's not my friend. He's my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend. No, not boyfriend, aegi. Just your friend that's a boy," her father insisted.

"Aniyo, Appa! Boyfriend, not friend!" she said, her eyebrows starting to furrow together in frustration.

Taemin sighed. "Arasso, arasso, I'm sorry. Myungsoo. Your boyfriend."

God, why is everyone whose name is Myungsoo causing problems for him? Punks.

"Why did you let Myungsoo kiss you, aegi?"

"Because, Appa, he's my boyfriend."

He frowned. "You shouldn't let any boy kiss you, aegi-ah," he said gently.

"But Appa, you kiss Eomma everyday!"

"That's because I love Eomma!"

"I love Myungsoo, too, Appa!" the little girl retorted back.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do," she said in a sing-song voice and Taemin had to hold back the annoyance he was feeling.

"Haneul. I want you to listen to Appa, okay?"

Hearing the seriousness in her appa's voice, Haneul focused on her dad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter