Impish Imo

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or one of the times Apink babysat Haneul

"Appa, why are you good at braiding hair?" his four year old asked while she sat with her back to her dad, waiting while he carefully braided her hair.

"Cos Appa used to have long hair! Even longer than yours."

"Hajima!" Haneul whined, looking at his dad over her shoulder with a slight pout. 

Taemin chuckled. "What? It's true!"

She waited until her dad was done before finally facing him. Her eyes were curiously observing him. "How come your hair is short now?" 

"Because I cut it."

"But it's nice to have long hair, Appa. See, you can put pretty bows with different colors and head bands!" the little girl exclaimed excitedly as she pointed at the pink bow that tied her hair together. 

"I know, my pretty baby. Appa used to have blonde hair, too."

Haneul's jaw dropped. "Really, Appa? Color it back, color it back!" 

"But Omma likes my hair like this. That's why it stays like this."

"But it's your hair. Not Omma's hair."

"But I'm Omma's husband. And I love your Omma. So I'd do anything that will make her happy."

Haneul scrunched her nose in confusion. At a young age, she's always been exposed to the word love. She hears it everyday from her parents. She hears them saying it to each other, and saying it to her and her Oppa. But the word still confused her.

What else makes you say you love a person? 

"Hmmm," she hummed, tapping on her chin which made her dad amused. "Okay, Appa."

"Now, go and get your bag. Your imos are waiting for you."

Haneul nodded and ran off to her room to get her things. 

She had been excited about this day for a week. Yoonjae had a school trip and Naeun had to come with him. Taemin, on the other hand, had work he had to finish. Knowing this, Eunji grabbed the opportunity to have Haneul spend time with her and the other members. 

Being the first of apink to get married and be a mother, it was natural that the other members adored Naeun's kids. They were Apink (and Shinee's) first babies and to say that they spoiled the two would be an understatement. Taemin and Naeun had to put limits on presents because they always go overboard (for Yoonjae's 100 day celebration, Minho actually bought him a patch of land "for investment") 

"Be good for your imos, okay?" Taemin bent down to tell his daughter one more time.

Haneul nodded enthusiastically. She couldn't hide her excitement as her feet bounced. "Appa, Haneul is always a good girl!" she said beaming, her two front teeth showing.

"Of course you are," her father chuckled. When the elevator door opened, the little girl squealed and Taemin had to tighten his hold on her hand to stop her from running towards her Eunji imo's door. 

They rang the doorbell together and after a few seconds, the door was opened by Eunji. 

"Aigoo ya! Uri aegi is here!" she gushed as Haneul ran towards her waiting arms.

"Imo!" Haneul squealed, jumping into her arms. "I missed you!" 

"I missed you too," her imo replied, kissing her cheek. 

Just then, Hayoung emerged jumping up and down. "Haneul!!!" 

The little girl giggled as she was showered with hugs and kisses. 

Taemin watched from the doorway as the two women fussed over his daughter, completely being ignored. "I can see that my job here is done," he teased.

"Omo sorry, Taemin-ah. Do you wanna come in?"

He chucked. "Aniyo. It's okay. I have to go to the studio anyways."

"Haneul, be good, okay? Remember what Appa told you."

"Aish, Appa! I told you I got it already! Go now, you can't be late or Key samcheon will have a fit!" Haneul scolded her father. 

The two girls laughed and Taemin scratched the back of his head. She was definitely her father's daughter. 

"Ahrasso, ahrasso."

"Alright, kiss your Appa goodbye," Eunji said and leaned her towards Taemin. 

"Bye bye, Appa," the little girl said after kissing her dad's cheek. "Make lotsa money!" 

Taemin chuckled. "I will. Anyeong, Haneul. Saranghaeyo. " 

"Nado!" 

He turned to his sisters-in-law. "I'll get going."

"Bye bye!" 

"What are we doing today, Imo?" Haneul asked as she enjoyed the bowl of ice cream given by Hayoung. 

If Haneul wants ice cream, she eats ice cream.

"Hmm, let's see. We're going to have lunch out later, then we're gonna get our nails done and get facials then we're gonna have movie night!"

Haneul nodded but looked around. "But where's my Chorong Imo? Bomi imo? Namjoo imo?" she looked sullen as she realized that it was only the three of them in the house. 

"Don't worry, aegi-ah. They'll join us later, okay? They just have to finish some schedules," Hayoung assured.

Haneul nodded before turning back to her ice cream but something caught her eye. "Imo, that's pretty," she commented, pointing at Eunji's ear which had multiple earrings on. 

Eunji touched her ear. "You think so? You want imo to give one to you?" 

The little girl nodded excitedly. "Really, Imo? But it's yours."

"Imo loves you so I want you to have one of them," she smiled. 

One thing Haneul was sure of was that she was loved. 

Eunji removed the tiny ones which were shaped like flowers from her ears. She then proceeded to check Haneul's ears but found that her ears aren't pierced yet. "Oh no, aegi. We can't put them on."

"Why, Imo?" she asked, her lips starting to form a pout. 

Oh no. 

"Because your ears aren't pierced yet, aegi. They don't have holes yet so we can't put them on."

"Haneul can't have earrings?" she asked, her shoulders slumping as she sniffed. 

"No, no, don't be sad, aegi. Your imos will fix it, right Hayoung imo?" Eunji looked at their maknae who had a confused look on her face. 

"Huh?" 

"Right, Hayoung imo?" Eunji repeated. 

If Haneul wants earrings, she gets earrings. 

"Unnie, are you sure this is okay?" Hayoung whispered to Eunji again as they entered the door of the clinic. She looked over at Haneul who was happily skipping beside them as she held her Eunji imo's hand. 

"I'm sure it's fine!" the older woman assured. "Her own dad has like 10 piercings on his ears so I'm sure they wouldn't mind. Calm down, Hayoung-ah," she said confidently. 

It all happened so quickly that Hayoung was starting to have a headache. One moment, Haneul was seated in the chair excitedly; the next, both her ears are pierced and she was already in Eunji's arms, crying her lungs out. 

"Aegi, it's done. It's over now. Sssh, please don't cry. Imo's sorry," she cooed, comforting her. 

And just because the universe is always against her, Hayoung's phone lit up. It was Naeun. She began to panic. "Unnie!" sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter