Morning Musings

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or a look into the life of Taemin and Naeun 10 years from now. 

"But I think when I get married in the future I won't have a dual income."

"Then does that mean you want to be a good wife and wise mother at home?"

"Yes, I want to be a good wife and wise mother."

"It fits you quite well."

"I want to raise my children at home, do the laundry, cook..."

"Won't it be boring for you?"

"No, I just live to raise my children. Ah, it's even funny when I say it." 

When he and Naeun first talked about kids on that variety show, it all seemed like a fantasy. Not because they didn't see each other in their future (God knows Taemin knew he was gonna marry this girl for real the moment he saw her waiting for him on that balcony overlooking the beach in Jejudo) but because they seemed so young and naive. 

Looking back at that innocent memory, he thought back at how his life turned out. No, he didn't retire at 30 but he did get married at 29. To none other than the girl who said she wanted to be a good wife and a wise mother. 

The one he was now watching from the doorway of their kitchen. By the sizzle from the stove and from the smell, he could tell that his wife was cooking bacon. There was also soft, low music coming from the speakers on the countertop and he smiled in amazement as she swayed her hips slowly to the beat. Well, she was an idol for about 10 years before getting married so it wasn't really a surprise how well she could dance. 

Not being able to resist her anymore, he took two long strides to where she was and wrapped his arms around her. 

Naeun shrieked, almost dropping the spatula she was holding. "Oppa! You scared me!" she scolded but after lowering the heat, craned her neck to place a chaste kiss on his lips. "Good morning," she smiled. 

"Good morning," he replied, kissing her shoulder then the back of her neck before moving aside to let her continue cooking.

"What time did you arrive last night?" Naeun asked, putting the last of the bacon on a plate.

"Around two in the morning," replied, sitting on one of the dining room chairs. 

"You should've woken me up, Oppa." she put the plates of food on the countertop in front of him. 

"Eh, you said you've been very tired these days, how could I have woken you up?" he dismissed then pulled her by the hips and hugged her. He then placed a kiss on her protruding stomach. "I think you're giving Eomma a hard time, baby. Try to behave, okay?" 

Naeun chuckled and ran a hand through her husband's hair. He looked up and smiled. 

"I think she's kicking me more than Yoonjae ever did."

"Really?"

As if on queue, their 2 year old toddled into the kitchen slowly, still half asleep. 

"Oh, is my baby awake?" Naeun cooed. "Did you sleep well?"

Yoonjae nodded and rubbed his eyes. 

"Is that my boy?" Taemin asked, smiling. More than anything, he loved being a dad. He never thought he'd love anybody else as much as he loved his wife but when their son came along, he was like a perfect piece that completed the puzzle of their love. Ever since he became a father, his whole world had changed. For the better. He managed to reduce his working hours and limited his activities within Korea so that he won't be away for them for too long. But as much as he wanted to spend every waking moment with his family, he still had other commitments he can't magically move to have in Seoul. 

Like the work he recently had in Japan, promoting one of his artist's album whom he had a collaboration with which sent him away for five whole days from them. 

Upon hearing his dad's voice, Yoonjae's eyes widened then grinned widely, his two front teeth showing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter