Silly Samcheon

Tiny Treasures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Or one of the times Key and Minho were left in charge of babysitting

"Haneul!" Key exclaimed as soon as the door of the apartment opened, revealing his niece who was wearing a pink soccer jersey and had her pink bunny bag strapped on her back.

Naeun and Taemin were on a short weekend vacation in Jeju for their wedding anniversary and he and Minho had volunteered to babysit Yoonjae and Haneul while they were gone. The two were taken to Minho’s place and have already spent the morning playing soccer with him.

"Samcheon!" the little girl replied as excitedly, immediately running towards her samcheon's embrace. Key happily picked her up.

"How are you doing, little girl?" he asked as Haneul gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good. You, samcheon?" the three-year-old asked sweetly.

"Oh you mean you're favorite samcheon? Of course I'm doing well! Still handsome as ever.”

Haneul giggled. "Silly samcheon."

"Yep, that samcheon sure is silly," Minho said, closing the door behind him as he and Yoonjae entered.

"Yoonjae, annyeong! Did you have a nice time at the field?" Key turned his attention to his nephew.

Yoonjae ran to him and gave him a tight hug. "Minho samcheon taught me how to score a goal! He's the best!"

Minho ruffled Yoonjae's head before smirking at Key. "Of course I'm the best! I’m your favorite samcheon, aren’t I?"

“Ya!” Key exclaimed at Minho while he put Haneul down.

"Okay, you two. How about we get cleaned up first, yeah? And then we’ll have snacks that Key samcheon will prepare,” Minho coaxed the kids to go into the room to get cleaned up while Key was pushed to snacks duty.

 

“Samcheon, why is your name spelled like that?” Yoonjae asked curiously, pointing at the big letters spelling KEY that were hung on his wall. The two of them were sitting on one side of the living room doing a puzzle while Haneul was putting her new curlers on her Minho samcheon’s hair. “Isn’t that how you spell it in English?”

Key’s eyes widened. “You know how to read in English?”

“Of course! I’m five, samcheon!” he said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Eomma teaches me how to read and write it,” he grinned proudly.

“Oh really? Such a smart kid! How about Japanese? Samcheon’s good with Japanese, I can teach you.”

“It’s okay, samcheon. I take Japanese classes, too. Haneul and I do!” the little boy said in straight Japanese.

“Ya, Naeunnie really takes motherhood seriously, huh?” he muttered at Minho.

He only chuckled. “You should see their weekly schedules. But she doesn't force them to do anything. They only take the classes they enjoy. Right, Haneul?”

“Hai!” Haneul answered, raising her hand, making Minho laugh at his adorable niece.

Key turned back to Yoonjae to answer his question. “Well my name is Kibum but I figured it would be too long so I made it into Key! Don’t you think samcheon’s name is cool?”

He nodded. “How about my name, samcheon? Do you think it’s cool?”

“Of course! You were named after a cool guy, after all.”

Yoonjae looked at his samcheon, his brows furrowing in question.

“You see,” he started. “Your Eunji imo used to be in this drama…”

 

It was almost 3 in the afternoon when Minho finally was able to escape Haneul's salon. Key laughed as soon as he saw his finished look. He had thick make up all over his face and his hair was had tiny ribbons, clips, and hair rollers on it.

“Kids, I think it’s time to take a little afternoon nap before we go out to dinner later. What do you say?" he asked, which caused the two kids to groan and whine.

“But we’re not sleepy, samcheon,” Haneul said cutely, her puppy dog eyes coming into view.

“Angel, your eomma told samcheons you should take a nap. Right, Key samcheon?”

Key shrugged. “I don’t like naps either,” he pretended to whisper to Haneul, which earned him a glare from Minho.

Key samcheon is the best!

 

On their way to dinner, Haneul fell asleep in the car. When Key tried to wake her up, she started to whine so Minho had to carry a sleeping Haneul into the restaurant. "I told you to get them to take a nap. See?" he hissed at Key as they were lead to their seats.

"Cool samcheons don't impose nap time," Key replied coolly as he helped Yoonjae slide into the booth then sat down himself while Haneul refused to be let down. Minho had no choice but have her sitting on his lap as she clung to his neck, eyes still closed.

From the moment till they sat down up until their food arrived, Haneul only sat quietly, absentmindedly playing with the collar of her minho samcheon’s shirt.

"Haneul," Minho whispered to the little girl as he rubbed her softly to try and coax her. "Angel, can you wake up for a little while for samcheon? So you can eat your dinner."

Haneul shook her head and Minho had to hold back his sigh. Their niece was awake but she was in a mood. She was definitely their maknae's daughter.

"Your Eomma's gonna get mad at us if you don't eat, angel," he said softly.

"Haneul," Key tried, reaching out a hand to tap her shoulder. "If you eat your dinner, Key samcheon's gonna buy you ice cream after."

Her head popped up, peeking at her Key samcheon.

"You want ice cream, Haneul?" he asked excitedly.

She nodded reluctantly.

"Hmmmm how about ice cream then another toy from your favorite Key samcheon? We can make a quick trip to the store after dinner. But only if you finish your food."

Key could see Minho starting to glare at him. They promised Naeun th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter