Ji-Ae (XIII)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

A week after Daniel found out from his husband that he is carrying triplets. Daniel had been so very gentle and loving and caring to Seongwoo. Most of their good nights and morning will start with him laying his hand, spread wide over Seongwoo’s slightly swollen belly. Rubbing, them slowly as if it was such a fragile body part.

 

And Ji-Ae since her birthday, has been asking for them to allow her to sleep with them. Asking as in like babbling. She also became so very clingy and protective over Seongwoo. Constantly hugging and wanting to be carry by her daddy.

 

Seongwoo, even though he is tired, can’t never deny his daughter wanting his attention. He and Daniel had said that she is being like this because of the new siblings soon to come out into the world. So that’s probably why she is acting this way. Even before her birthday, did she started her clinginess to Seongwoo.

 

It’s morning at Ong’s household. A nice, sunny Saturday morning. Seongwoo and Daniel is still in their bed. Not sleeping but already wide awake because Ji-Ae had sleepily made her way, climbing on top of Seongwoo and sleeping. Hands curled into a ball and she sleeps. That had made him startled awake. Ji-Ae was sleeping in between the two until just now. So Seongwoo now couldn’t continue sleeping again and just held her closed. Brushing her soft black locks affectionately with his eyes slightly drooping. 

 

Then Daniel wakes up, a minute after she climbed on top of Seongwoo. Bare chested, turning around to face Seongwoo and sleepily open his eyes and found the position Seongwoo and Ji-Ae are currently in. 

 

“Morning.” Seongwoo wishes. Hand never stop brushing Ji-Ae’s hair. 

 

“Mm, morning baby.” Daniel moves closer to give his husband a morning kiss. Then a peck on Ji-Ae’s squash cheek and moving down to the bump. Gently lifting his husband’s top a little to expose the bump and kissing it there for a few times. It tickles that Seongwoo had giggles a little. Ji-Ae stirs but she didn’t looks like close to waking up. So he keeps her hair.

 

Daniel then left his hand over the bump and nuzzles his face into Seongwoo’s neck. Closing his eyes again to simply bask into this soft morning of the three of them just laying on their bed. Not bother to start their day. Seongwoo smile and slightly turn his head to also nuzzle his face into Daniel’s hair. Sighing softly when he felt how Daniel is rubbing the bump ever so softly.

 

“Did you woke up because they gave you trouble, hyung?” Daniel asked slightly muffled by Seongwoo’s skin.

 

Seongwoo shake his head, “No. Not them but this girl over here. Climbing on top of me just a few minute ago.” The older sigh.

 

“Oh. Thought it was because they woke you. I guess she is too heavy for us now. I mean, to have someone pressed close to you like this.” Daniel said.

 

“You’re even heavier compared to Ji-Ae. I almost couldn’t breathe if you lay on top of me. And I feel like my limbs are numb too.” The older jokes.

 

Daniel make a whining noise, “Hyung~”

 

The older simply chuckles and pecks his husband’s head and bring his other hand that is not busy rubbing now Ji-Ae’s back, on Daniel’s head. Brushing the hair softly too like he did to Ji-Ae. Inhaling the distinctive scent of Daniel. “Sorry, it’s not a joke but I love it still even though you’re heavy.”

 

Daniel blink his eyes open and look up to his husband. The older seems to know what that look is. 

 

“Like...when we make love?” 

 

“Kang Daniel, just shut up. Oh my god.” The older tried to shove him away but he couldn’t. The younger laughs and then stops when Ji-Ae stirs again. 

 

He grins at his husband before he shove his facr back into Seongwoo’s neck. Hand still rubbing the bump ever so slowly. The couple didn’t say anything else after that and just keep laying on their bed, tangling their legs together until it’s mid-day.

 

*

 

Seongwoo is trying to survive. He’s already seven month long in his pregnancy and god does he want to turn back time when he and Daniel wanted to make love. His bump is huge since, well that’s how it is when you’re carrying triplets. He still went to his office and work as he always do best with Minhyun and Jinyoung helping him around. 

 

Ji-Ae is now 1 year and 5 months old. She knows how to walk by herself now, slowly but it’s better than she was before. She knows where her parents keep things and would often times try to find them. She knows how to read. Yes read, slowly but she knows the words to some of her favorite story books. She’s stop babbling and can now properly said words by words. Her favorite words are most of the time is Daddy or Papa. But Daddy more and then the babies in Seongwoo’s big belly.

 

She would often times asked Seongwoo to carry her or just simply tailing him around. the end of Seongwoo’s sweater as he moved around the house. Trying to be productive and making sure the house is in good shape. He had taken a week leave once he felt tired of working non stop for the couple of days before. Too many meetings and going out of the city in the span of a week.

 

And his feet is starting to swell, all because of the water retention, as his doctor explained to him when he went for his check up. Ever since he told Daniel about the triplets, the younger had always asked him when is his next appointment so that he could go with him. To every check up because he wants to be there for his husband. 

 

Ji-Ae too have been tagging along to every check up. Always making the mother who attended the check up to smile at her. Always praising and cooing at Ji-Ae because of how cute and pretty she is. Always saying that Seongwoo and Daniel are so lucky to have such pretty daughter by their side and even congratulating them for the triplets. Which was really magnificent since most of the women in the world could rarely get triplets. Most common would be twins. 

 

Seongwoo would sheepishly smile and blush at them for the praise. Even though he is flattered by the compliment, he couldn’t help but to think about the consequences later on once the triplets were born.

 

The 17 months old Ji-Ae would gripped her Daddy’s jeans tightly when they walked around the hospital. Eyes shifting around whenever she saw something interesting or then calling to her daddy when she needed his attention. Seongwoo would indulged her every need. Never saying anything even though he couldn’t handle carrying her around when he’s as big as a yoga ball (almost as that big). 

 

Daniel would carry the bag and he would sometime take Ji-Ae off him when he sees his husband looking a little uncomfortable. Reasoning with her when she starts whimpering around when Daniel carries her.

 

“Daddy needs to go in and have his blood check, sweetie. He’ll be back once they’re done with him. Okay? You hate needles right?” Daniel would asked her. Knowing that Ji-Ae had learn the word ‘needle’ when they brought her for her vaccinations. Which is not much now.

 

Ji-Ae would stop whimpering and turned around to face her papa. Eyes went wide at the word needle.

 

“Daddy...needle? Poke?” She said, worried about her daddy that is gonna get a needle stick into his skin. What about the babies? Will they harm them as well?

 

“Daddy...rescue! Papa!” She starts squirming around. Wanting to run inside to get her daddy out and stops them form hurting him. Needle is not a good thing. Daniel laughs, nuzzling her cheeks around and made her whines at him.

 

“No need baby. He’s fine. They’re not gonna hurt him so we don’t need to rescue you dad, hm.” He reassured her, kissing her cheeks as she tries to get out but huffed in frustration when Daniel won’t let her go. She wanted to cry as she stares at the room where Seongwoo has gone into. Worried that they would do things to hurt her daddy and her baby siblings.

 

*

 

“What happened when I was inside when they took my blood to make Ji-Ae like this?” Seongwoo asked his husband when they exited the hospital. He almost fell down when Ji-Ae jumps on him after he just came out of the room. And since then, the girl didn’t let him go nor does she want to be let go at all. She clings to Seongwoo throughout the entire check up. He had to apologized to his doctor about Ji-Ae’s behaviour and the doctor simple laughs and says it’s fine and proceed with his check up.

 

The only time did Ji-Ae let go of him is when they had to scanned him. She reluctantly let him go but not going anywhere and sat on the bed with him. Staring at the screen. Listening to three heart beats rhythmically and simultaneously. They are bigger and is in good shape. Two of them shared the same placenta while the other doesn’t, as the doctor explained from the scan she made on him. 

 

Daniel squeeze his husband’s hand because he feels so excited to see their babies, growing so well. They eagerly asked about the gender. Wanting to know if it’s a girl or a boy. She told them that the two sharing is are boys and the one outside is a girl. Which mean, they’ll have two boys and two girls, they mean adding Ji-Ae will be two girls. It was a shocker. Ji-Ae will be the older sister who will have a little sister too. Seongwoo tears up. Daniel smiles brightly and gave his husband a loving peck.

 

“Two boys and a girl, hyungie. Oh my god.” Daniel feels like crying too but he controls his tears and try to be strong for Seongwoo. Now that they know the gender, they’re gonna start decorating the room. Buy all the needed stuff and so on. Some of Ji-Ae’s is reusable so they don’t need to worry about their girl but they will still buy stuff for her.

 

Ji-Ae kissed her daddy when she saw a tear slips out. With both hands she clenched and unclenched then make motion of throwing something away. She repeat the action for couple of times. Both her father stares at her.

 

“Cry cry, go away. Cry cry, go away.” She said, which made the two to smile and chuckles at her. How sweet Ji-Ae is. Wanting Seongwoo to stop crying and she made the action like that to make him stop. It put a smile on his face and giving her a kiss on both her cheeks. He lets her wipe the tears away and let her kissed his cheek.

 

“Thank you, baby. Daddy is okay now.” He said, smiling to her. Daniel joins them and gave his daughter a kiss too. Proving that he love his family so much and how happy he is to be married to Seongwoo and have such a loveable daughter.

 

*

 

Seongwoo is going into labor. Daniel was not in Seoul when did happen because he had to go out for some urgent matters with his boss but Jisung did call him to inform. He panicked. Wanting to leave the place at the very moment. 

 

Thankfully Mrs. Loo was at home with Seongwoo. She had called Minhyun and the parents about Seongwoo going into labor. 

 

“Seongwoo ssi is in pain now.” She is panicked as well. Every single second she would glance over to the living room where Seongwoo is currently in. Sitting on the couch, huffing and breathing heavily. He still remembers his exercise on trying to minimize the pain by breathing. Inhaling deeply and slowly exhaling it. It didn’t really help but it does lessen the pain, a tad bit.

 

Ji-Ae is doing her magic again but she feels like crying when she watches how her daddy is looking so in pain and forcing himself to smile at her like it was nothing to worry about.

 

“P-pain pain, go away...pain p-pain...go away...” she sniffles, mouth starts to quiver as she keeps doing the action. 

 

Seongwoo smile, it was straining but he manages to smile at her. His bangs stick to his forehead since he’s slowly sweating away. Hands extended to cup her cheek.

 

“Da-Daddy’s fine, baby...Uljima...” he said as he brought her into his arms. He groans when the pain comes again. And the triplets move too much that they worsen the pain.

 

“Uljima...u-uljima...” he repeated his word. Not wanting to see the sad face of his baby girl. He wished Daniel was with him so that his husband could take care of her. Comforting her while he tries to fight the pain. 

 

Mrs. Loo walked in and held Ji-Ae. Consoling her and whispering encouraging words about how Seongwoo is going to be okay and no need to cry and so on.

 

“Your parents and Minhyun is on their way. Jisung ssi said he called Daniel and seems like your husband is on his way too. Hang in there, Seongwoo ah. I’ve called the ambulance and they are on their way as well.”

 

He smiles weakly at her. “Thank you.”

 

*

 

“Seongwoo? Seongwoo! Hyung!” Daniel burst into the room where Seongwoo was brought in. The love of his life is currently resting and looking like he is not in pain as he was hours ago. He got stuck in traffic that he almost wanted to run over every car to get to the hospital faster and be with his husband but he didn’t make it.

 

Jisung stands up and shushed him.

 

“Lower down your voice. You’re gonna wake them up.” He lectures the younger, giving him a pointed look before he turns his head to his left. And Daniel follows. Them?

 

There, three newborn bassinets was parked at the left side of the room. His and Seongwoo’s parents were swarming around and cooing at them, along with Ji-Ae who watches in awe into the bassinet.

 

Daniel slowly walks towards the bassinet. Ji-Ae took noticed of her papa’s arrival and she immediately brightened up. Jumping around and making grabby hands to her papa.

 

“Papa...baby here. Baby...” she exclaimed, excited and happy to the new arrival of her new siblings. Daniel scooped her into his arm and gave her a kiss and bopped her nose with his. Staring down into the bassinet and he felt his tears slipping out of his eyes.

 

Even though he couldn’t be there with Seongwoo when he undergoes the cesarean, he still manages to meet them in person now. Seongwoo is in good shape and so does the triplets. That’s what matters to him right now. His family is safe and well.

 

He silently cry his heart out with Ji-Ae doing her work. Wanting to stop her papa from crying even further.

 

“Papa...no cry. Daddy...cry. Papa and Daddy no cry.” She said, wiping the tears away and pointing her finger to her sleeping daddy.

 

Daniel gave her a wet kiss and a chuckle, also wiping his tears away and turns around. “Sorry angel. Papa will stop crying right now.” He kissed her one more time before he moves to sit next to his husband.

 

“We’ll leave you guys alone for now. Don’t worry about the triplets. The nurses had fed them an hour ago. Take your time.” Daniel’s mother said, patting his hair and congratulating him for the triplets. 

 

They all softly congratulating him and went out of the room. Leaving the family alone to have their some family time. Triplets are sleeping and so does Seongwoo. The IV is going in smoothly and there is no sign that Seongwoo is going to wake up soon or does he look like he’s in pain. Daniel chose to just sit down and take Seongwoo’s hand and kissing it for a couple of times. Ji-Ae moved to sit on the bed. Careful not to wake her daddy from his slumber.

 

“Yeobo, I’m here and thank you once again for bringing and giving me the triplets. Thank you for bringing them into this world and wanting to have kids with me. You brought joy and happiness in my life since we first became a friend. No, since we first met. I don’t know what I’ll do if you weren’t in my life. You are the best thing that has ever happened into my life and I wish to keep that, for eternity. Thank you, jagi.” 

 

Daniel tenderly kissed his husband and then rested his head on the mattress. Hand still holding his husband’s as he stares into his face.

 

“And I to you...”

 

He got startled when Seongwoo opens his eyes and talk to him. The older gave him a weak smile but not the kind that looks like he’s uncomfortable or in pain. Just weak because of the procedure. He had his rest and was glad that the procedure went well and the triplets are fine and dandy.

 

“Cute...aren’t they?” He said eyes shifted to the bassinet at the end of the left side of the room. Smiling when he remember hearing them all crying so loudly once they finally came out of him before he passed out.

 

“They sure are. How are you feeling?”

 

“Tired. When did you arrive?”

 

“Just minutes ago. Sorry that I couldn’t be here with you.”

 

Seongwoo just shakes his head and keep smiling at Daniel. He didn’t mind at all as long as Daniel had safely arrived at his side and is able to meet his two sons and daughter. He sighs, closing his eyes again. Sleeps is slowly taking over. He felt someone shifted on his right and he found that Ji-Ae had taken hostage on using her daddy’s right arm to wrap them around her as she snuggles next to him. To sleep. She try not to hurt him and wrapped her own arms around Seongwoo’s body. Centimeters away from the cesarean site.

 

Seongwoo can just smile down at her, squeezing her as she slowly dozed off. Daniel took his other hand with the IV and give it a kiss again before he leans to kiss Seongwoo on the lips one more time and rest his head on the bed.

 

“Sleep. If they wake up, I call for the nurse to help.”

 

Seongwoo gives in and sleeps easily takes over. Daniel watches and smile. Knowing how Seongwoo had gone through so much a few hours ago while he was not with him. Now is the best time to let his husband sleep as much and as long as he wants to. Because once they go back home, the triplets will surely give them a lot of trouble later.

 

*

 

Seongwoo and the triplets were allowed to be discharged two days later once they are fully satisfied with Seongwoo’s recovery. The man was totally out of it for two days and they didn’t want to let him go until he is fully recovered and Seongwoo himself was more than happy to stay since he really need that much rest.

 

Daniel has been staying with him to help him out. Wanting nothing to do but to spend his time with his new babies and helping Seongwoo out. The pain at his operation site is even more painful since it’s his second time a cesarean so the old scar that being cut open for the second time is a lot more painful than the previous one.

 

Seongwoo, always has a smile on his face for the whole two days of his stay at the hospital because of his daughter and their new babies playing around. Even though the triplets couldn’t talk or walk or see or understand anything, they still sort of have their eyes looking around the place.

 

Ji-Ae has been all jumpy when she just simply met them again and again. When Seongwoo helped in feeding the triplets with the bottle formula, she would smile widely and watched them drink. Giggling and poking their cheeks when they gulping the milk down.

 

“Baby...cutie!” She exclaimed excitedly. So in love with her new younger siblings.

 

Daniel chuckles, lovingly ruffle her hair. “Yes, honey. Baby is a cutie. All three of them.” 

 

She grins even more.

 

Upon discharge, Seongwoo’s parents decided to stay at their house to help with raising the triplets at least for three months during Seongwoo’s confinement duration. Triplets will surely give them a headache so they will need extra help, as much as they can. And Seongwoo was truly grateful to his parents for deciding to stay and help them. Mrs. Loo had extended her contract and would gladly help in taking care of the triplets. She feel so excited about the new babies in the household.

 

*

 

“What should we call them? Any idea on their names?” Daniel asked, looking through list of names for the triplets. Two boys and a girl. They might wanna stay with the letter J as the beginning of their names but still undecided yet.

 

“Not sure. Let’s take it slowly.” Seongwoo says, busily burping their baby boy who just finished feeding. They have been told that the two pair sharing the same placenta is the first and second to come out while the one Seongwoo is busy burping the youngest of the three. The boy, then the girl and lastly the boy.

 

The younger agreed to his husband and just keep looking through. His parents-in-law are busy taking care of the other two. It seems they had distinguished that the girl had the same hair color as Seongwoo while the two boys have a lighter brown hair just like Daniel. Will they grow up to be Daniel’s baby boys and the girl along with Ji-Ae will be Seongwoo’s baby girls. Most probably they will, seeing how very clingy Ji-Ae has become and so very attached to Seongwoo.

 

Whatever it is, they will keep loving them. They can go live with this. Two married men, trying their hardest to bear a child after a few years marrying to each other, ended up with a blessed miracle that is Ji-Ae. Then another miracle happens after a year and a half with three more. What are the odds that this family is expanding widely with the birth of the triplets. Not even expecting to have triplets at all. But guessed God loves them so much that he gave this as a gift.

 

No more children though. Seongwoo is closing the shop for now but not their love life. They can always make love again when they want to but maybe to be safe, just use the . Or maybe not.

 

The older smiles at his family. Loving this moment. Cherishing the time and all. He will never ask for anything else. Daniel, Ji-Ae and the triplets are more than enough to him. He will never trade for other things. 

 

One last thing they needed to do. A family portraits of their growing family. 

 

“Nope. Nada. I’m hideous! Look at my flabby belly! No way in hell am I going to take a picture while looking like this.” Seongwoo whines, shaking his head with a hard no for family picture. 

 

“Hyung, all those fat are gonna go off soon and besides, you’re not that fat okay. I mean even though you put on some weight while you were pregnant with the triplets, you still look so skinny. The pregnancy glow makes you beautiful though.” Daniel said with a soft smile. He pecks his pouty husband which then make him to smile too. Knowing that he was right. 

 

Seongwoo came from a tall and skinny family. Everyone from his family is just lean, talk, and have a model like a body. Except that Seongwoo did have a slight muscle compare to he was when they were in college. After graduation, Seongwoo went to the gym and work out a lot to strengthen his stamina and body. He is not as muscular as Daniel of have wide shoulder or big built, but he has muscles.

 

“Alright, fine but give me at least two weeks. My wound still hurts so let me rest for two more weeks.”

 

Daniel simply agrees to him and the two along with their parents continue with playing and cooing at the triplets. The younger had taken the youngest son out of Seongwoo’s hand and Ji-Ae took the liberty on going into Seongwoo’s lap, carefully not to hurt her daddy. Knowing that he just gone through a cesarean just couple of days ago. 

 

And Seongwoo would just nuzzle his face into her head and kissing the top of her hair lovingly. 

 

This is the family he is so much in love with. He wanting nothing more than to spend his entire life with his four babies and his husband.

 


 

I still haven't decided on their names yet but I guess I'll be adding one more chapter after this one.

But it'll be a short chapter.

Leave me comments on what to name them.

Preferably start with a J.

Sorry for the typos and enjoy :3333