Ji-Ae (V)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

“Jaehwan ah. My dear best friend Jaehwan.” Daniel came walking into Jaehwan’s office, wide smile plastered on his face, strutting over to his desk. Which is never a good sign for Jaehwan when he sees his friend smiling. There is an agenda. Always has been. And he doesn’t like it at all even before Daniel tell him what it’s about.

 

“No. I am not gonna do it. Whatever you want me to do.” Jaehwan quickly protest, showing an X sign with his hand. Nope, he is definitely not gonna do it. Never. Na ah, and no one can force him.

 

“I didn’t tell you what I want you to do for me and yet you rejected me.” The taller among the two pouts. His weapon flashed up on his face, for Jaehwan to take it. Nope, it’s not gonna happen. But before he knows it, Jaehwan is falling. Screwing so bad for those puppy dog eyes of Daniel. ing puppy.

 

He sighs in defeat, “Ugh, I know this is gonna be a disaster for me. What is it this time?” 

 

The taller beams, bounding to Jaehwan with a big smile on his face. He has to admit that even though Jaehwan is not the best choice to go to and ask for help, but the man will never complaint and just simply help Daniel in whatever way he can.

 

“You see, Seongwoo hyung says that he need to run an errand for a day tomorrow, even though I told him not to since the wound is still fresh, and he need to stay at home and not do anything but you know how stubborn he is, so I had to let him. And, I have a meeting with the boss tomorrow and I can’t take a day off which is another problem I have right now after I told Seongwoo hyung about it.” He says sheepishly, smiling awkwardly. Before Daniel could continue, Jaehwan cuts him off. He know where is this going.

 

“And let me get this straight, Seongwoo hyung is damn angry at you and is probably thinking of disowning you ,and you want me to look after Ji-Ae for you because nobody else is available, is that it?”

 

Daniel can’t lie though. What Jaehwan said is true. His husband is furious when he told him that he couldn’t make it, or take a day off and he can’t blame the older. 

 

‘But the meeting is very important, hyung! If I take a day off, my boss will have my head!’

 

‘Is the meeting is more important than taking care of your own daughter?’

 

That made Daniel go into silent. Seongwoo scoffed and at the same time cradling Ji-Ae in his arm, bouncing her up and down to calm her down. ‘Thought so. Guess you think your job is more important than us.’

 

‘No hyung! You two are the most important thing that has happened in my life.’

 

‘Then take a day off. Look after Ji-Ae. Or it’s so hard for you to even say that to your boss?’ And with that Seongwoo left the living room and up to Ji-Ae’s. Daniel know he screw up big time and what he said about them being important is true and the meeting as well. There is a chance he’ll get promoted. Although he’s not sure what more is better than being a personal assisstant but he’ll take it. As long as he be as equal as his husband who run his own company.

 

That night, Seongwoo slept with Ji-Ae in the extra room. Still angry and upset with Daniel. The younger can’t do anything about it. Seongwoo needed him the most right now but he still refuses. Even though they also argue about Seongwoo going to the office is a bad idea, but the older have to. He still have seven more weeks before his maternity leave end.

 

*

 

Jaehwan snap his finger to break the thoughts on in Daniel’s head. “If you’re so afraid of Seongwoo hyung disowning you, why didn’t you just say it? Tell the boss about it. Ah, but it’s too late isn’t it. Tomorrow is the day huh?” Jaehwan look at him, pitying the man that is scared of being divorced. Although the possibility is low because Seongwoo loves him very much, but who knows. The man is strict and if he want things, he’ll make sure that he gets them.

 

His friend stares at him for couple of minutes, then he sigh. He knows he need to help him. Even though he is so sure that Seongwoo is still going to be angry about it since Daniel sent someone else to babysit their daughter, but perhaps he’ll be grateful even a tad bit for having someone to keep an eye on her.

 

“Alright, I’ll do it,” Daniel beams, smiling happily when Jaehwan says okay. His friend is sure if Daniel is a dog, his tail would be wagging so fast right now. “Thank you so much, Hwan ah. I’ll make it up to you, I swear. Thank you again.” 

 

Jaehwan waves his hand dismissingly and went back to work with Daniel skipping away happily. He does not look like someone who is already married and have a kid. Daniel is still a child even though he’s married. Nothing changes.

 

*

 

Jaehwan came over the next day, and he did not expect that someone else would be there too. There’s a girl standing at the front gate with a paper bag and a plastic bag. She turn around and saw Jaehwan standing there. Both of them stares at each other until a sound of a buzz startle them. The gate slowly open and they both walked in.

 

Jaehwan was surprised to see that the house is intact. No broken stuff or does the place looks like a hurricane just passed by. Daniel is nowhere to be seen, so he had expect the man had left early. Seongwoo greets them with a smile. Well, at least the older is smiling. That’s a relief.

 

“Somi, thank you for coming to babysit Ji-Ae for me. I had to go soon, she’s currently sleeping so you don’t need to worry about it.” Seongwoo tells the girl named Somi, guiding her into the room and then Seongwoo turn back to Jaehwan. Eyebrow raised like he was questioning on why is he here. But then his expression soften.

 

“I see Daniel called for your help. Although I’d called for Somi to come over but two is better than one right. Aren’t you working?” Seongwoo walked off to Ji-Ae’s room with Jaehwan following in his trail.

 

“I do, but I requested an emergency leave. Thank god the boss didn’t ask me why. Who is she anyway?” Jaehwan points out his curiousity when they reached her room. Somi straighten herself from the baby cort and looked at them.

 

“I’m his sister so basically, she is my niece. That makes Daniel oppa my brother in law. And who are you?” She asked him back, clearly confused on Jaehwan suddenly coming and asking who she is. She could only think that the man is either her brother’s friend or Daniel’s. 

 

“Kim Jaehwan. Basically I’m his and Daniel’s best friend. Or more like Daniel’s bestie. Never heard of you. Or seen you.”

 

Somi gave him a glare, walking towards her brother. When she stand next to Seongwoo, it’s clear as day to Jaehwan. They do looked alike. Like tremendously alike. And how come Jaehwan never saw her, even during Seongwoo and Daniel’s wedding or when Seongwoo is delivering Ji-Ae. She’s pretty by the way. “Oppa, will you be gone long though?” 

 

Oppa? So she’s younger than Seongwoo.

 

“About three hours at most. I’ll try to be back by lunch time. Minhyun need some help in looking into stuff. It’s nothing that serious but I still need to look into it anyway.”

 

“You’re still in confinement leave. Can’t appa do something about it. I swear he’s becaming lazy these days. After he handed over the company to you, he has been nothing but a couch potato.” Somi complaints, huffing and blowing off her bangs that threaten to poke her eyes. Seongwoo chuckles, ruffling his sister’s hair out of fondness.

 

“Don’t be like that. Appa is just tired. He has been running the company after he graduated college so we should be understanding and helped him. Did’t you’re the one who keep complaining to me about missing appa though. Shouldn’t you be happy now that he’s always home when you comeback from college?” 

 

Somi puffed up her cheeks. But she does not retorts back on what Seongwoo just said. Somi is 6 years younger than Seongwoo, so she tend to act like an kid when she’s with her brother. That is because they only have each other. As a siblings of course. Jaehwan stood there and watch them talking with each other, ignoring him completely like he wasn’t even there. Well Jaehwan be damned.

 

*

 

“Ji-Ae tend to wake up if she wet herself or poop. Please make sure you burped her after feeding her. Jaehwan, don’t go throwing my daughter up after you fed her. She’s gonna throw up if you do that.” He gave him a warning beforehanf because he once witness Jaehwan throwing her up after feeding her, after they took her home like a week after she was born and wow, how a fountain of milk has been thrown out of Ji-Ae. All over Jaehwan by the way.

 

Jaehwan quickly shake his head in horror. He will never gonna do that ever again. Nope. Seongwoo smiles. Giving Somi a kiss on top of her temple and exited the house. Of course right after he gave Ji-Ae a peck on her round cheeks. She is still sleeping soundly. Thank god on that.

 

Now that leaves Jaehwan and Somi. They both looked at each other for a so long. Just staring. They both seems like they are debating and judging one another. Whether or not they can be Ji-Ae’s best babysitter.

 

“I’m watching you.” Somi warns him. Eyes turn into a slit.

 

Jaehwan quirk his eyebrow, “So do I.” He says.

 

Is this gonna be a showdown between two people? Apparently so though.

 

*

 

‘You called Somi over to babysit Ji-Ae?? Why didn’t you tell me?’

 

“Oh I’m sorry, you were ‘too’ busy to even ask or take a day off to look after Ji-Ae. So I think it’s fair that I didn’t tell you about Somi, and what about you? Sending Jaehwan over while you go to work. Shouldn’t Jaehwan go to work as well? Did you forced him to babysit, Kang Daniel?”

 

‘No. I didn’t force him. He...’

 

“He must have seen through you. You’re afraid on whatever things I would do to you don’t you?”

 

‘...’

 

Seongwoo smirk in satisfaction when Daniel didn’t answer him back. He knows the affect he has on the younger. It’s not he’s gonna do something bad, like if Daniel thinks he’s go divorce him, that is never gonna happen. Sure he is really mad about him not taking a day off and give priority to his work more than their daughter but he’s not that mean to suddenly divorce him just because of that. 

 

‘Hyung...I’m really sorry...’ Daniel starts to sniffles through the receiver. If he could go to his office right now, Seongwoo would give his husband the most tighest hug but he’s gonna teach his husband a little lesson so he’s not gonna give in. But maybe just a little bit.

 

“Sorry is not gonna get you out of trouble, Daniel. I’ll see you at home later and we’re gonna have a talk on this.” He cuts of the line and proceed in taking the elevator to his office. Most of the workers recognized him straight away greets to him. Bowing 90 degree as they usually did when they saw their CEO, who was supposed to be still on his confinement leave.

 

On the other side, Daniel pouted and he feels like pulling hair off. He’s standing outside of his boss’s office. Waiting for the man to come out so that they could go to the meeting. And Daniel really want to just skip this and went off. Go home and shooing Somi and Jaehwan away. 

 

The door flung open and his boss walks out. Ready to leave and Daniel automatically straighten himself and lead the man to the elevator. Nope, he can’t cancel it now. He just have to buy Seongwoo his favorite food or ice cream on his way back. 

 

“It’s gonna get hard persuading him later.” He mumbles to himself after he went into the car following his boss.

 

*

 

Back at home, Somi is bouncing Ji-Ae in her arms. She just fed her and already burped her so now she is playing with her nephew. Sitting in the living room, making baby sounds and laughs when Ji-Ae gurgles. She can now slowly giggles, if that is even right, thought Somi. 

 

Meanwhile, Jaehwan is lazying on the couch across Somi. Staring at the ceiling. Doing nothing but just staring. He’s been trying to take Ji-Ae from Somi’s hand for hours now, but the girl won’t let him. At all, saying that he have germs all over his hand, which Jaehwan stressed up about he already washed his hand before he came to hold Ji-Ae, but nope, Somi still won’t let him hold her nephew. 

 

He kept begging and telling her that she at least need to rest and take turns to look after Ji-Ae, but Somi is not buying any of that. If he knows that Seongwoo hyung gonna call his sister over, he didn’t need to come over to babysit his daughter. He’s complaining, yes. He is because Somi wouldn’t let him hold Ji-Ae, who he grew so fond of after she was born. Like, he is not the only person who were so fond of her. Most of their friends are crazy over cutie Ji-Ae.

 

She look so much like both Seongwoo and Daniel. Basically copied and paste of her parents. Button nose just like Seongwoo and so did her black hair. Round big eyes with plump lips just like Daniel. Skin as fair as the both of them. She is the epitome of beauty, because of the genes she had from her two handsome father. 

 

Jaehwan won’t denythe fact that Seongwoo hyung and Daniel were handsome. They are literally looking like God of Handsomeness if there is one. Or maybe David the scuplture or Adonis or Aphrodite, Venus or whatever else that you can describe them as beautiful, handsome, gorgeous or perfect.

 

“Stop thinking about how handsome my oppa is. You’re creepy and he’s married.”

 

He was snapped out of his thought at Somi’s word. The girl is already looking at him with Ji-Ae busy ling her pacifier. Eyes droopy, looking like she’s gonna sleep in any minute now. Jaehwan blinks, sitting slightly straighter then the way he dis before.

 

“Well I know he’s married...did you just read my mind? What are you, a psychic? Can you looked into my future and tell me how it looks like?” He asked mockingly amused. Just wanting to annoy the girl across from him even more and he’s loving it when he sees how Somi looks at him with distaste. 

 

“No, moron. I’m no psychic but your mind is pounding so loudly that I can clearly hear you thinking about how hot my oppa is. Back off, he’s Daniel’s oppa husband and my brother. He’s not available.”

 

“Do I look like I want to woo your brother? I have my own boyfriend to worry about, so thank you very much.” Jaehwan says nonchalantly.

 

Somi raised her brow, “A boyfriend eh. Who? What is her working as? Can he tolerates the way you think loudly every single day?”

 

Jaehwan raised his hand up, signalling for her to stop questioning. Like what the f.

 

“Why do you care? It’s none of your business and who cares if he either can tolerates me or not. He’s my boyfriend of four years, so he understand me so very much.” 

 

“Wow, a man like you can actually stays in a relationship for that long. I’m impressed.”

 

“What is that supposed to mean? I can’t believe that Seongwoo hyung has a sister who have a potty mouth.”

 

Somi glares at him with her eyebrow shots up. “Woah woah, I do not have a potty mouth.” She’s angry, pisses off that she wanted to jump onto Jaehwan in that very moment but she refrain herself since she’s holding Ji-Ae, who is still enjoying her pacifier in . Eyes closed yet still moves about, ling.

 

“Well, you kind of do though. Did you pay an insurance for your mouth?” 

 

That does it. It’s war between the two of them starting from that moment. Somi stomp her way into Ji-Ae’s room, gently placing her in the cort because she had fell asleep. Cutie that Somi had to cooed for a second before she remembers Jaehwan. She gave her a kiss and closed the door softly. Storming back down to have a showdown with Jaehwan.

 

It’s very stupid of them anyway.

 

*

 

Seongwoo was satisfied with his decision. Minhyun called for him help was a good idea since the man couldn’t really decide on stuff that he needs to handle. He did apologise to Seongwoo though, for bothering him during his confinement leave.

 

The latter just pats his back, “It’s alright Hyun. I’m glad that you called for my help.” 

 

Minhyun smiles, “How are you doing? Healing?” The other eyed the still slightly swollen tummy of Seongwoo. Seongwoo nods, patting his back even more as the two headed to the elevator and down to the lobby.

 

“Still alive. The pain is slowly subsiding so I’ll live. Just at certain times the pain would suddenly stab sharply if I didn’t move properly. I mean, if I take a wrong step, you know.” The latter sigh, as he slowly rub his tummy, where the healing wound is. 

 

“You should be careful then. If you need some painkiller, just buy something over the counter. Paracetamol or maybe something stronger like Celebrex or Voltaren, just for precaution.”

 

“Nah, I’ll be fine.” He reassure his friend. They step out of the elevator but Seongwoo stops in his track when he he saw someone standing in the middle of the lobby, holding onto a bouquet of white and mixed of dark red Carnations, along with a medium sized paper bag. The man revealed himself when he felt the presence of Seongwoo, smiling at him.

 

“How romantic.” Minhyun teased, pushing gently for Seongwoo to move forward. He knows that they had a fight since Seongwoo told him while they were discussing about work earlier. “Go. He’s trying to make peace.” 

 

Seongwoo walks over with his arm crossed over his chest, trying his best not to coo or melts on his sweet husband. Daniel stand there awkwardly, stretching his arm out for Seongwoo to take the flowers.

 

“I’m sorry for being such an . For thinking about my job more than Ji-Ae. I’m sorry that I was such an idiot and went for work that I know my boss would understand if I had asked him. He...actually could read through me when we were on our way for the meeting. He give me a good long lecture though, haha. And I guess I deserved that.” He scratch his neck nervously, and blushing.

 

Seongwoo took the bouquet and inhaling it. Enjoying the soft smell of the flowers and smile, “I guess you do.” He says but there is no sting in it.

 

“Will you forgive me? I swear I’ll make it up to you, starting from tomorrow.”

 

“You’re working tomorrow.”

 

“No, I’m not. My boss gave me three days off, saying that I need to learn how to appreciate my time with Ji-Ae and you. He says I should at least spend time with you and her and take you guys out.”

 

“I really need to say my thanks to your boss later, Niel. The man understand the struggle. And I forgive you.” 

 

Daniel beams, and looked down when Seongwoo hold out his hand. He bounce forward and grab his husband’s hand, giving the man he love so many kisses. They both couldn’t careless about the people around them. Who most of them are Seongwoo’s staff. They whistles but some just simply smile at the couple.

 

*

 

“Did Somi call you about how Ji-Ae is doing? Didn’t she always calls you when she needed to ask about something?” Daniel asked as they drove home together. The younger took a half day and manage to persuade his boss about it. Thankfully the meeting didn’t drag till evening.

 

“No, Somi never call or text me. What about Jaehwan. Did he text you or anything?”

 

Daniel shake his head, the corner of his lips slightly turn down as he stares in to his phone for a second before he starts driving again. They reach home fifteen minutes later.

 

Both walk inside, looking around the house for a certain girl and a guy but they couldn’t find any of them. “Somi? Jaehwan?” Seongwoo calls out their name. Waiting for a respond but nothing. The parents exchanges glance before they headed towards their daughter’s room.

 

Did something happen? Why is it so quiet? 

 

“Jaehwan ah...Somi ah.” Daniel called when they reached Ji-Ae’s room and slowly pushed the door open.

 

Ji-Ae is sleeping soundly inside her crib while Jaehwan and Somi...they both passed out on the floor. Jaehwan had some drools trailing down from the corner of his mouth while Somi curled up into a prawn while she hug the seal plush toys of her brother’s creation. Both sleeping soundly, well Jaehwan is snoring.

 

They blinked, and it’s like Ji-Ae could sense that her parents are home, she flutter her eyes open and starts to flail her limbs. Some soft gurgle was heard coming from her. Seongwoo took her out from the crib and cradle her. 

 

Daniel took out his phone to take few pictures of Jaehwan drooling, silently giggling to himself at his best friend. 

 

“Did you think that Ji-Ae made them tired just by taking care of her for half of the day? It’s not even 6 in the evening and they both are already out cold from the world.” Seongwoo asked, gesturing with his free hand over his sister and Jaehwan. 

 

“Dunno, maybe? But Ji-Ae is not even walking or crawling yet. Nor can she talk. What did they do to suddenly became this tired.” Daniel shake his head after he shoved his phone into his pants pocket. Both of them stares at the two sleeping form on the floor. Shaking their head again before they exited the room with Ji-Ae in their arms.

 

“Let’s just leave them be. I think Ji-Ae is hungry. Is that right, baby girl. You’re hungry yeah? Did they feed you? Are they a good uncle and aunty to you?” Seongwoo baby talked with Ji-Ae together with bumping his nose with her that made her gurgle. Daniel leans closer to cooed at her and poke her cheek as they both made their way to the kitchen.

 

*

 

“I’m telling you, Ji-Ae is a she devil. She literally cry to everything that we did when we wert trying to cheer her up, just to see if she can smile.”

 

“Yah, don’t ever call my daughter a she devil.” Seongwoo glares at Jaehwan while he busy feeding Ji-Ae with the milk bottle. Both of them had woken up suddenly and panicked stricken between the two when they find Ji-Ae’s missing

 

Daniel smack his head because he called his daughter a she devil. “Take that back you idiot.” 

 

“Sorry, but she is! She’s a-“ he slap his mouth shut when he sees Seongwoo give him a deathly glare. Eyes glowing red is it was possible. Silently apologised while bowing non stop. Somi yawns and took a sip of her tea and play with Ji-Ae, smiling when Ji-Ar grab her finger.

 

“I have nothing to say. Jaehwan oppa is just a baby. He only knows how to complaint and never do a thing.”

 

“Shut up you. You’re a witch.”

 

“How dare you...”

 

Seongwoo had had it and wanted to kick their if he’s not carrying Ji-Ae or feeding her. “Stop it you two. I’ll kick you both out if you keep acting this way. Just go and help Daniel prepare dinner. You know how that husband of mine is with the stove. He’ll gonna burn the kitchen down if nobody is there is to supervise him.”

 

“I heard that!!” Daniel yells from the kitchen. They just giggles. Somi stand up to help her brother in law. While Jaehwan just lazed around. Doing nothing. He still didn’t know why on earth did Daniel called for him. If he have known earlier about Somi coming over that little witch, he would not agree to come and look after Ji-Ae.

 

Not only did he is not allow to touch or hold her, he was forced to act like a maid! Like, what the ! He’s older and Somi should respect him but no, she literally just turn into a . For crying out loud, Jaehwan have a hard time tolerating her. But he did survived when suddenly Ji-Ae starts to grumble. Her tantrum starts and they both stop their bickering and became one to stop Ji-Ae from being grumpy and crying. It was super hard and they passed out after they figure out that she had a bas episode of a bloated tummy, which really not that comfortable for baby like her. Of course, being single or basically not a father or a mother, they couldn’t figure out the reason that quick.

 

Ji-Ae was cranky throughout the morning. Nothing can make her stop her crying and the loud wailing until they finally noticed the swollen tummy. Somi and Jaehwan both googled on it and found out about the gas. They guessed that must be the reason why she was so cranky, so they search her room for an oil to rub it on her tummy, to help in easing it a little bit.

 

But before the cool-down, they had to struggle in handling her temper tantrum. Her cries was ear splitting and if it’s higher, the glass would have been broken by then. 

 

Being the child of Ong Seongwoo and Kang Daniel, she somehow stop just for a few minutes when they had to barge into their bedroom. It’s like, the smell of Seongwoo and Daniel calmed her down, like to the normal level. But when they moved away to start feed her, she became her monster version again. How she really rely or misses her father.

 

*

 

Somi stays the night since she doesn’t have any classes to attend tomorrow, so they gave her the spare room. She gradually walk into Ji-Ae’s room and found her oppa is reading to her a baby’s book, while he cradles her. Eyes soft as he read through, with Ji-Ae ling on his finger which she had grab hold. Not wanting to let go of his finger, Seongwoo just let her hold it and play with it. Sticking it into as she les on it. Seongwoo chuckles on her action, using his thumb to on her cheek as she les lightly.

 

Daniel would come and check on them, kissing her cheeks when he finds her in that situation, then went off to take a shower. He’ll comeback again to join his husband in reading Ji-Ae’s favorite book.

 

Somi would sat on the floor or lay on her stomach as she enjoy the couple with their daughter. She feels like she’s the eldest daughter of this family. Hoping that one day she will find a man to love and have children with and be like her brother and Daniel.

 

Happy together.

 


 

Yas! 4.6k long, it almost reach 5k lol :33

And I introduced Somi as Seongwoo's little sister lol xDDD

I thought of making Somi & Jaehwan have a fight or who can make Ji-Ae relax or so on.

But I skipped that part xDDD

Image result for jeon somi gif

Anyway, please enjoy this chapter. :3

Sorry if it's lame hihi