Ji-Ae (IV)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

(Past II)

There is more changes happens when someone is pregnant. Their emotions would increased even more and they became much more sensitive. Their mood will change from being happy to suddenly being angry or sad then maybe they’ll cry. So much more because of their hormones.

 

Secondly, their appetite gets too weird. Like, they would craved for something that is out of this world. For example, to someone who were allergic to peanut, might suddenly have the cravenness of a peanut. That’s because of the baby inside of them. Sometimes they would ask their partner to bring them the food they want to eat, in the middle of o’clock.

 

Thirdly, some of the changes happens on your body. Like some part of your body would be sensitive and the skin color gets darker. They would also be much more clumsier around these time. Basically most of them would be clumsy when they are pregnant. So far that is what is happening to pregnant person. 

 

For Seongwoo, who is about five months long, their baby girl has started move around. He could feel her moves one day that surprised him that he accidentally breaks the plate when he was making the dishes. Daniel wasn’t there with him when he first felt the movement, and the plate being shattered. He’s actually was glad that his husband was not there with him.

 

Seongwoo stops doing the rest of the dishes and carefully walked away from the kitchen and of course from the shattered plates. Tip toeing out of the kitchen, making sure he didn’t step on any of the shards. He’ll come back to clean it later but first he just need to sit down and make sure he was right about him feeling the baby moved.

 

He’s really anxious, excited maybe? Or everything, he is just can’t really tell. As he sat down, placing the cushion so that he could lean on it when he rested his back on the couch. Once settled, he placed both hands on top of his bump, rubbing them around just to feel his baby girl inside. And it’s like his baby girl could tell on his hand movement, she moved.

 

The latter giggles and a single tear trickle down his cheek because he really can’t not believe it that he could feel his baby move inside of him. Even though his baby are still very small but she has started moving around now. His baby girl is growing so well in him and that is more than enough to know how well she is doing inside. Moving is one of the new thing that the baby can do when they are slightly bigger and has formed their limbs out. He stays like that, enjoying his baby moving in him until Daniel came home.

 

“Hyung, I’m home.” He calls in, loosening his necktie and toeing his shoes off. Patting through the wooden tile until he reaches the living but he firstly saw the shattering pieces from the plate before and widen his eyes. Since when they entered the house, the first thing that come into their view is the kitchen and he was horrified to see the broken plates lying on the floor.

 

Afraid that something might have happened to his husband, he dropped the bag he’s been carrying and whips his head around, searching for his husband and ran inside.

 

“Hyung? Hyung, where are you?! Hyung!”

 

“Right here, Niel.” Daniel whips his head up and saw long thin arm stretched up over the couch from their living room. He sigh and was relieved to see that his husband was not harmed when he move around to face his husband. The older was smiling and not to mention he is glowing. Must be because of the pregnancy. It’s baby glow.

 

He held a hand over his chest and sat next to his husband, taking one hand into his other hand.

 

“I thought you got hurt, hyung. What happen? You’re not hurt right?” The younger starts inspecting his husband around, hands moving everywhere to feel if there is anything odd on his husband. Eyes roaming all over, also searching for any wounds or cuts. “I’m fine, Niel. Don’t worry, it was just me being clumsy and letting the plate slips through my hand when the baby moved.”

 

“Come again?” Daniel asked, didn’t quite catch what his husband just said but maybe he says that because he wants to make sure that what he heard was true. “She just moved. About two hours ago and since then she kept moving and I can’t stay focus at all and has been sitting here since then. Enjoying the feeling of her moving inside of me.” The older smiles with his teeth showing, eyes turned into crescent. 

 

Daniel feels like crying again. He wished he was here with his husband when their baby first made a movement so that he could keep on rubbing and feeling her. “Is...is she moving right now?” Daniel asked, hands slowly moving towards the bump with his eyes attached to the bump. The older keeps smiling without saying anything. 

 

When Daniel had placed his hand on top, their baby shifted around. He pulls his hand away because he’s slightly surprised. Eyes met with his husband who grins back at him. A curt nod tell him to place back his hand and so he did. In the slightest movement he felt again from the baby, he break into a wide smile.

 

They both stayed like that for several minutes more, just enjoying their girl moving and kicking. Even to the point where Daniel placed his face on the bump to listen to her. They giggle and laugh, until she stops moving around. Only then does the pair move away with Seongwoo needing to cook them food. At least now he didn’t need to worry about getting nausea since he has passed that stage, and is doing great. Just that he can’t hold back his appetite.

 

*

 

Daniel does not expect the changes in Seongwoo’s behaviour was too much. He at first thought that his husband will be the same person even when he is pregnant. But guessed he’s wrong about it though. His emotions was one of the thing he had a very difficult time in handling them. The older were the type who is strict when he’s at work but never really at home, but his strictness came by one day that he basically (almost) turn the table around. His temper was one more thing that Daniel feels like crying, because when Seongwoo is serious or angry, he’s like a monster. Usually, if the older is mad, he’ll stay quiet and have his poker face on. 

 

That is even scarier though. Seongwoo’s temper is extremely bad and damn Daniel is his victim. He didn’t know what had tick his husband off but when he came home one day, he found him sitting on their single armchair in their living room, in his bathrobe. Looking intimidating at his husband who became flustered all of a sudden, nervous by Seongwoo’s sudden aura. He was not sure what or who made him angry, but he asked for mercy when he reaches his husband. Automatically kneel down and beg for forgiveness. 

 

Seongwoo glares down at his husband. Eyes filled with deathly glint and they were burning. Basically boring a hole through Daniel’s head. “Whatever I did, please forgive me, babe. I’m sorry if I made you angry or ignored your calls or text messages but I was in a meeting. Or if you’re mad since I wasn’t home with you or accompany you when you go to the clinic.” He bow his head many times, gripping his husband’s knees and nuzzled his face into Seongwoo’s lap. God dammit, he really need to read more about pregnancy.

 

The older kept glaring down on his begging husband until his eyes softened, slightly. He unfolded his arms over his chest and threads his fingers through Daniel’s hair. “Buy for me food. I’m craving cotton candy. And sikhae, and jokbal and steak.” He says, fingers kept threading through the soft red locks. 

 

“Cotton candy? Sikhae? Jokbal? Steak?” Daniel repeats the menu and Seongwoo nods enthusiastically. The younger tilt his head, thinking about the menus his husband just listed down for him. It won’t be a problem to him in finding Jokbal and Steak, but where is he supposed to find Sikhae and the Cotton Candy? The candy shop three blocks away from their house is already closed and Sikhae??

 

“Are you gonna go buy me those food or not? If not, tonight you’re gonna be sleeping on the floor. No mercy though.” Seongwoo narrow his eyes again. Eyes sharply stared into his husband’s who swallow nervously. Daniel nods and stand up, “I’m going. Give me an hour-“ “30 minutes.” Daniel gaped. Seongwoo is not giving him any mercy though.

 

“Within 30 minutes, bring me all the food I just listed to you. Oh, add in some strawberries and avocado too. Buy me those and bring them in half an hour. Chop chop, Daniel. I’m hungry here. Pumpkin here needs her food too.” He gently taps his bump and felt her moving around. It’s like she agrees to his daddy. Daniel blinks few times and when Seongwoo found his husband still not moving from his spot, he glares. “Well? What are you waiting for? Go!!” 

 

With that, Daniel scramble out of the house, with him stumbling in with his shoes and off he goes in search of the foods requested by Seongwoo. Timers is set for 30 minutes and it makes him anxious like crazy as he drive around the area, searching for all the foods Seongwoo wanted to eat. And he prays that he all the food he wants will be found soon. Or else he is going to sleep on the couch or the floor tonight. In this case, it won’t only be tonight because Seongwoo’s hormones is raging.

 

*

 

Thankfully, he managed to find all the foods Seongwoo is craving for. A little bit late but he hopes Seongwoo won’t mind. He stumbles into the front door and found Seongwoo still sitting on the same chair, arms crossed over his chest, but he doesn’t look like he’s in a bad mood.

 

“You’re late.” 

 

Or not. Damn, he needs to make sure that he didn’t screw up. Or get his husband all angry and pissed off.

 

“It’s only two minutes. Give me some mercy, hyung. I tried coming back as fast as I can. I almost got into an accident! A ball suddenly flew by my car while I was driving back. Thank god I didn’t hit the lamppost.” 

 

Well, he was hoping his husband would at least give him any sort of reaction. Mercy is what he wants the most but Seongwoo didn’t give a damn about the story. His expression was blank. Eyes hooded but it was emotionless. Gosh, how is he supposed to beg for mercy. Should he kneel down again? Or rub his feet? Or give him a massage? Or cooked for him? Hell no, he might burn the down the entire house if he happens to turn on the stove. He’s a god of destruction when it comes to cooking. 

 

He flinched when Seongwoo suddenly stood up and waddle over to him. Daniel prepare himself for the worst to come. Thinking that maybe Seongwoo is going to beat him for being late, but instead he wrapped his arm around him and snuggle into Daniel’s chest.

 

The younger stiffen in his spot. Seongwoo tighten his hold and sigh. They stood there for how long that both isn’t sure but it felt like hours. The older pulls away shortly after and stare into his husband. Round warm eyes stare into each other, until his eyes turn into a slit. Yanking the plastic bags full of foods he is craving for away from Daniel.

 

It changes so drastically and Daniel thinks that it’s gonna be a very long months for him until their daughter were born. He’s gonna go through heaven and hell with Seongwoo’s constant mood changes. Then again, he’ll do his best to fulfill whatever craving his husband is having or with all the temper that he’s gonna go through soon. He’s ready.

 

*

 

Can he take his words back about he is ready to face the wrath of Seongwoo’s hormonal mood? Because he can’t handle it. Seongwoo has been consistently getting angry at him. Punching and clawing at Daniel about something he himself didn’t know what it is about yet he takes it all without complaining since he keeps telling himself that this is the baby’s doing. Their daughter is making Seongwoo like this, who were never the type to throw plates or stuff around their house.

 

When he’s in a very good mood, he would hum, sings to his favorite songs. Or even read a story book or placed the headphones over his bump so that their baby could listen to it. At times he would even pepper Daniel kisses and cuddles with him when Daniel had a day off. That was the best day for Daniel who didn’t need to worry about trying to make his husband happy. Also, if his mood are a bit more better, Daniel would be rewarded on bed. Like, you know what happens when two grown men would do on bed. 

 

Daniel would even accompany him to their appointments more and more when it became more frequent, although at times Seongwoo would get angry at him when he couldn’t tag along since being the personal assistant to his boss is the worst. So sometimes Minhyun, Seongwoo’s secretary or best friend would go with him or sometimes Daniel would ask Jisung to go. And the older would relay all the cursing that Seongwoo had said. And he would go back home to Seongwoo giving him the silent treatment, for days. That is the worst.

 

Occasionally, Seongwoo went back to work when he is almost six month, saying that he was bored to death when he stays at home. Working from home is not his thing, so he had to argue with Daniel until the latter would give up and let him go to work again. The craving never stop though. Seongwoo occasionally would drive Daniel to madness with his crazy craving for extraordinary foods. 

 

At times, he found himself going out at 2 in the morning, searching for a gimbap with a very weird fillings inside since Seongwoo wants them at that moment. No buts, so he had to went off in search of the weird gimbap. Along the way, Seongwoo would call him and add on more stuff that he wants to eat, such as caviar, salted eggs lobster, raw salmon sushi and many more. At the very not so convenient time.

 

But if Daniel does not fulfill that, Seongwoo would have his head when he came home, so he would try his best to find all those just so Seongwoo would shut up and not disowning him.

 

Daniel blames the crazy pregnancy situation again.

 

*

 

“I feel like eating some glue. Why is the glue look so tasty? It smells so nice and tempting.” 

 

Minhyun looked at his friend in horror when he finds Seongwoo staring at the bottle of glue place on top of his work desk. Pregnant people have all sorts of crazy cravings. Sometimes, they would crave for the weirdest food or even to something that is not edible to eat at all. Like right now. Minhyun snatch the bottle of glue away and Seongwoo glares at him.

 

“You’re mad if you have the urge to downing a glue, Seongwoo.”

 

“But...it look and smell nice.”

 

“No it’s not, Seongwoo. It may smell nice but it’s not for eating. I know people would crave for all sorts of stuff. My sister in law had an episode of eating sprinkle of glitters. Do you have any idea how disgusting that is?”

 

“Nope. Give me back my glue, Min. I want it.” Seongwoo made a grabby hands but Minhyun is not gonna buy it. He shake his head and hid away the glue. Seongwoo whines to him for the whole day. He even asked the others to hide their own glue away, because he is very sure that Seongwoo gonna go around asking his staffs for some glue. Oh how Daniel would feel like pulling his hair off if he found out about this.

 

He did found out and Daniel had to scold his husband for a full thirty minutes. Talking about the cons of eating a glue or what will happen if he ate them, etc etc. And Seongwoo would burst into tears because Daniel is scolding him, and the younger will stop blabbering when he sees the tears. Now he feels guilty for ever getting mad at his very unstable husband. Emotionally unstable because of being pregnant that is.

 

He would apologise to him and cradles his husband for minutes until they decide to retreat themselves to their bedroom, where Daniel would cuddle his sobbing husband as he peppers sweet kisses all over his face. He can’t never stay angry for so long since Seongwoo is just too adorable. And he is not even that angry. Or he is angry but it’s all because of Seongwoo being pregnant. That’s the fact that he could not change. 

 

He’ll survive, for sure. He will tolerates all the problems Seongwoo will cause soon too. All because of his love for his husband is huge. It’s endless, and it’s because he loves his baby girl too. So he’ll do whatever he can to fulfill all the things that Seongwoo want.

 


 

This chapter is shorter. It's about 2.9k long haha.

Didn't manage to write more than 3k :DD

But hopefully you guys enjoy this chapter. Oh and I'm back from my hiatus. Or maybe not really haha.

I just want to post this because it's been here for a week now. So, yeah. 

Have fun reading. I'll come again to update soon. 

Pls wait for me if I didn't come back to post another chapter quicker ^^

Sorry for the typos.