Ji-Ae (VIII)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

When they decides to have a kid. They have tried not to make love because they might not have a chance to conceived one by themselves. They had plan on trying for an IVF but it was not cheap. Let me tell you that. Those cost them almost one month of their salary or more but the chances fo get their own baby is high. But not always successful if you ask me. 

 

They talked to their family and asked for an opinion from their friends too. Most of them asked them to wait and think carefully about what they want to do. Marriage does not always mean that they need to have a child but most married people would want one of their own children.

 

Daniel’s parents have to him to wait. Give time for it to happen naturally because everyone will have their chances to get their own child even though it takes time or maybe years to have one. His mother told him that it took her and his husband a whole six years after marriage to get Daniel. But they make it work and it somehow made Daniel smile to the story of how his parents struggle to try and have their own child because they love children. But after conceiving Daniel, they decided to only have one son. Not that they couldn’t have more just that they would like to shower him, their only son, with all the things they have. Daniel is more than enough for them.

 

Seongwoo asked his parents as well and like Daniel’s parents, they told him the same thing. Wait for it to come naturally. It’s better not to use money to get what you want and wait for it to come by itself. Unlike Daniel’s parents, Seongwoo’s mother managed to conceived him months after their marriage. Then years later she’s pregnant with Somi. A pair is more than enough for the couple. And Seongwoo laughs when remember how he hated his little sister when she was born. He didn’t even want to go near her when his father took him to the hospital to visit his mother and new baby sister. The first thing he do was scowling at her. Looking sort of disgusted by the newborn girl. Even when his father tried to make him touch her, he yank his hand away and ran away. Screaming no to his little sister.

 

It takes time for him to accept the fact that he is not alone and the only child anymore. He never went closer to Somi at all even after they brought her home. He stays as far away as he can and keep glaring at his sister until one day his mother was sick and their nanny was not around to help and his father was away that he took the matter at hands. Although he still sort of hate Somi, he went to help in changing her diapers. Like, a little boy is changing his little sister’s diaper.

 

When his mother woke up from her sleep, startled because she felt something is not right, she ran to the baby room and was shocked to see Seongwoo is sleeping in the crib next to Somi. Cuddling to her while her pacifier is inside . Mrs. Ong feels like crying because finally her son had accepted Somi as his little sister. She took few pictures so that she can show it to her husband later. Cooing at how cute they are while Seongwoo has his arm around her as he sleep with his mouth wide open.

 

He pretended that he didn’t care about Somi the next morning when his mother wakes him up. Scrambling up but gently not to wake his baby sister and blushing when he was caught in the scene of him sleeping with Somi. But still pretending than he didn’t know why he slept with her in the first place and ran off to take a shower. Screaming into his pillow once he’s in his safe haven. Blushing harder when he heard his mother laughing.

 

*

 

Conceiving Ji-Ae naturally was a miracle and Seongwoo who went to the clinic with Minhyun that time didn’t even think he could get pregnant. Yes, they’ve tried but then they decided to stop and wait. Not even realising that when they last made love, he managed to get pregnant. 

 

Minhyun was very surprised and overwhelm by knowing his boss, best friend is pregnant. He even rang up his boyfriend to tell him about the news which happens to be Jaehwan, Daniel’s own best friend. He made him promised not to tell Daniel since the husband is the one who supposed to tell him that and easily enough Jaehwan agrees to his boyfriend. Grinning ear to ear after finding out about Seongwoo’s pregnancy. Even to the point of texting the older about the pregnancy.

 

When Seongwoo told Daniel about it, the expression he saw the younger made was priceless. The most memorable expression ever that he wished he had taken out his camera to snapped it and placed them in his album as a memory. He almost got tackled down when Daniel pounced into him. Which earn him a scolding of the year because of how dangerous if is to do that when he is still very early. Daniel keeps apologising and cooing at the barely even there bump.

 

They shopped for some pregnancy book. Go to yoga class which was bone breaking hard for Seongwoo. Some knitting class and of course to the doctor. Follow up is the most important. They could see how their little boo is. Growing up from a tiny little pea into a big healthy baby. It was the most memorable times ever. 

 

Having Ji-Ae born into the world was the most memorable. Daniel had taken pictures after pictures of his husband cradling Ji-Ae after she was born about two hours prior. Since he is a small freelance photographer so Daniel take this chance to take as many pictures of his husband and daughter as he can. From every angle and tones. From mono, to sephia to normal and many more.

 

Capturing every moments he could get in store and to cherish them. Making their own albums regarding Ji-Ae. All the pictures he had taken were stores inside, with simple descriptions. It sorts of like a diary photo album. They could write something just as a note to remind them when and what happened.

 

The album mostly is filled with Seongwoo and Ji-Ae. Meaning Daniel has been taking pictures of his progress since he first found out about his husband pregnancy. Making a note for each month and what Seongwoo has gone through while he’s in that stage. Daniel wrote everything. When he was bullied by his husband or threaten is more suitable, to find him food in middle of crazy hours were the craziest time. He still remember how he had to be kicked out of bed in the middle of his sleeps just so Seongwoo can eat some Chinese food. Sometimes he asked for fast food which is not that hard to find, considering there are 24 hours nearby.

 

Sometimes he asked for a freaking steak around 3 in the morning which none of the finest restaurant are currently open. Which results in him asking Seongwoo to wait until 8 am but ends up with the older sulking for the rest of the day. Not even a simple “I’m sorry” note can make him smile. Nor the steak he asked for. Or a bouquet of roses. A box of chocolates, nope it didn’t work. And Daniel has to kneel and beg for forgiveness to his husband. The thing he hate most is when Seongwoo is mad and upset with him. Not talking to him is one more thing he hates so much because no way can he live without listening to his husband’s voice.

 

Not to mentioned he can’t live without the man’s love, kisses and hugs. And that’s how whipped he is to Seongwoo. So in later part of their story, Daniel remind himself to try and get all the food that Seongwoo has demanded for, even if he asked at a very inconvenient time. He will try his best to get them all, even if Seongwoo is driving him nuts with all his cravings.

 

*

 

The worst part is when he was still early when he had to go through the worst morning sickness. There are times when he even passed out while he throws up which Daniel later on panicked about when he finds out from Minhyun. Well, he allows him to go to work since it’s still early but he did told him to be careful, and now he is going to make him stay at home until he is off the morning sickness stage.

 

Minhyun had to call of any meetings Seongwoo have on that day and took him to the hospital for some urgent treatment. Thank god he was with him when Seongwoo suddenly ran into his restroom which Minhyun noticed from where he was and rushed in to find him throwing up and later slowly passing out. He thankfully enough manage to catch him before he falls flat on the floor. The color drains in Seongwoo’s which he thinks must be due to the excessive vomiting.

 

Daniel took a half day off and rush to the hospital he was informed off. Thanking Minhyun when he sees the man sat next to the sleeping Seongwoo. Once the older wakes up, he cried and kissing the living daylight out of his husband. Ignoring how the nurses blushed at the intimacy between the two. Scolding him for making him worry. But overall happy that him and their baby are fine.

 

The doctor told Seongwoo to stay for two more days just to keep an eye on his morning sickness and the older couldn’t even argue with the doctor or Daniel. Both strongly told him to stay and never to leave for two days and he complies without any protest.

 

They keep giving him lots of fluids through an IV and kept giving him medicine for the vomiting. He slowly regain back his appetite with Daniel helping him buying his favourite food. From simple porridge and bread to something heavier like fried rice or cold noodle. Something that is less oily and didn’t have such a strong smell. He was carefully in buying them. He knows what Seongwoo’s hates and love. Calling his mother and his mother-in-law for some recommendation about what is good for Seongwoo who is still recovering from his morning sickness and good for the baby’s growth.

 

They gave him lots of suggestion. Make sure not too oily because Seongwoo might throw up just by how oily the food is or if they smells so strong, it could also trigger his peristalsis factor. So whatever food he bought for him is either less oily, sweet, sour and salty. Everything is lesser compare to the usual one.

 

And Seongwoo didn’t complaint and just obediently ate them. Throwing a sweet smile to Daniel whenever he take a bite of the food. Slowly munching into them and humming at how tasty they are. Daniel would smile at how he looks satisfied with the food. 

 

Of course he did have to be careful with his mood swings. Pregnant people hormones and emotions are way stronger than the normal people. They tend to became more emotional than some others. If you ever so slightly raise your voice to them, they might think that you’re mad at them. Which then will trigger them to cry and feel like . Punishing themselves about how bad are they that you scolded them.

 

It happens to Daniel for a couple of times while Seongwoo is about five months long. They had a small fight, nothing too serious but Daniel didn’t manage to control his anger so he raised his voice a little higher than he usually have and that alone made Seongwoo to cower away and whimper at the tone of voice Daniel is using to him. A single tear quickly slip down his eye and that made Daniel regretted to ever raising his voice to him. Which then led him to his apologies and kisses.

 

Saying that he didn’t mean any of that and he never meant to raise his voice to Seongwoo. He would carry Seongwoo bridal style and lay him down on their bed, shoving his face into Seongwoo small, round bump. Kissing it all around, and saying sorry to him and to their baby. Caressing the belly as he rested his cheek over the swollen belly. Listening to their baby and feel her moving around. He smiles adoringly at the movement and closes his eyes. 

 

Seongwoo has long forgotten about the argument and just sniffles as he plays with Daniel’s hair. Carding them as he let his young husband rest his face on his belly.

 

*

 

They shopped for dresses when they learn the gender of their baby. A girl which is something they need, considering they have been spending with boys for many years now. Sometimes you need some girls in the relationship. And to have a daughter is something they hope will be great to raise. Both of them have been imagining how she will look like. Will she be like Seongwoo or Daniel? How will her hair be like and her eyes, her lips, nose, ears and more.

 

So many questions but no answers yet until she’s born into this world. 

 

Shopping for dresses was fun. Seongwoo happens to be the most excited one. He kept pulling Minhyun and Jonghyun to his shopping spree when they ended they working hours. Since both of them are his bestie, they never complains and follow the man around. Helping him choose what is nicer and prettier for his baby girl. 

 

Daniel did the same thing by dragging Jaehwan and Jisung around. Panicking is his way though. He kept thinking what she will like or will she ever wear this dress or that onesie if he buys them. And Jisung will scolds him by telling him she wouldn’t know what it will looks like and wouldn’t even care if they’re hideous or ugly. Newborn can’t even say a word. And Daniel would laugh, embarrassingly at the thought of it. Jisung and Jaehwan will just facepalmed and roll their eyes to their friend.

 

Then the bedding. How big should the the crib be like? Should they buy a big one or smaller one? What colour and so much more. They need to buy her potty train too. Some toys and shoes, mittens, hats and many more. Everything was going so well. They mostly bought pink since it’s easier and says that you are having a baby girl. Some are light red, and purple. There are other colours too but not too much. Mostly are pink.

 

*

 

Cramps is Seongwoo’s biggest enemy. He kept getting them every time he’s working. Even while he is taking a shower and sometimes after he just open his eyes. And Daniel will always be there to help by giving him massages.

 

When Seongwoo is close, Daniel had forced him to stop going to work and rest at home. Of course Seongwoo would argue and he still listens to Daniel and take an early leave. Resting and learning about new things to when they are expecting for her d-day.

 

Seongwoo loves it so much because Daniel is pampering him. Treating him like a Queen. But he didn’t bully his husband at all. Sometimes he did told Daniel off and scolded him for being too sweet and kind to him. He still do the house chores because his doctor said, it’s good to be moving around more than staying in one place. It helps in his progress of going into labor.

 

And so...the doctor was right. Seongwoo did went into labor sometimes later. He panicked because the pain was strong and he almost fell down to his knees since it was so painful. His legs was shaking while he used the kitchen counter as a support.

 

Daniel went out to get some food but came home fast when Seongwoo simply mutter a ‘palli come home’ with a heaving breath. He knows the drill.

 

The labor wasn’t that long but the pain was horrible. Seongwoo couldn’t wait and just sign the consent for his surgery without wanting to listen to their explanation about how it will go. He cursed to his doctor and the anaesthetist doctor. Threatening them to just ing proceed with the procedure and told them to shut up. They swallows and immediately shut their mouth and pushed him inside. Daniel went in since they gave him permission to be inside, to support Seongwoo.

 

Daniel almost passed out, twice, when he saw all the equipment they are going to use to Seongwoo and also when he saw blood. Thank god he manage to stay awake until it ended. Until the doctor passed to him his daughter. He cried so much of course. His ing dam just broke when he held the small bundle in his arm.

 

Seongwoo can only smiles at him weakly before he passed out since he’s too tired.

 

And later, all the pictures and videos were taken after they shifted him to his private room. Naming her Ji-Ae since they have decided on it after they learned about her gender. 

 

Ong Ji-Ae. Their cute bundle of joy.

 


 

Another past life when Ji-Ae is still in Seongwoo and what happened while Seongwoo is pregnant :3

Sweet and fluffy before the coming in the next chapter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rating will change in the next chapter haha. It will either gonna be a long or a simple one.

Just for Daniel who has been missing Seongwoo's touch. And so does Seongwoo who will never admit it that he misses the way Daniel holds him haha

Of course, some jealousy that I mentioned will happen. With Jinyoung and Seongwoo. Niel is misunderstanding their relationship lol

This fic will probably end after the next chapter. 1-2 more chapter left after the haha ヾ(*ゝω・*)ノ

Stay tuned. Sorry for the typos :3