Ji-Ae (I)

The Story of Ong Ji-Ae

"Uwaaa!~~" Ji-Ae cries loudly because she was upset about something so she need her parent to come and check her.

Seongwoo rushes in after he heard her cries. Leaving his task behind and immediately went to her. Seongwoo walks in and quickly scooped her out of her cradle bed.

"Baby girl, shh shh. What's wrong, cupcake. Daddy is here, baby. Hush my girl." he says, trying to stop Ji-Ae from crying as he keeps cooing to her. Her small hands flails everywhere like she was trying to grab a hold on to something and when Seongwoo gave her his index finger, she immediately grabs them and squeezes it.

It's like magic. When she got a hold of his finger, she immediately stops crying and like baby do, she turns her head slightly. Eyes darting every where like she was trying to see where Seongwoo is.

It made Seongwoo's heart goes all warm and fuzzy looking at his daughter. He smiles widely when she stops crying and nuzzles her nose with his own. Peppering her with light kisses. Nuzzling her chubby cheeks and that made her slightly giggly, although it's not possible for a three weeks old baby to giggle. But he can dream of it happening, right?

"That's good, cupcake. Daddy is so proud of you. You missed me isn't it, that's why you cried. Let's go, hm." he says to her like she understand what Seongwoo is saying and walked out of the room with Ji-Ae in his arm.

He stops halfway down the hallway and peaks inside his own room. The door make a soft creaky sound but that can never wakes up the person who is dead to the world, curled up on their bed.

He just want to make sure that his husband is still sleeping, since he had stayed the whole night looking after their daughter who was very cranky, for no reason. Daniel struggled a lot through out the night and refuses any help from Seongwoo when he came to offer help. Saying he can handle her and so much more.

But when it was almost dusk, Daniel is getting tired and sleepy that he had to ask for Seongwoo to take over. So he did and straight away take Ji-Ae for a warm bath. Daniel sigh and dive into their bed and immediately falls to sleep.

When Seongwoo found him after he finished bathing Ji-Ae, he shakes his head. He felt pity for his husband and chose to let him sleep. He even rang up Daniel's boss and told him about the situation that had happen last night. Thankfully his boss was such an understanding guy, he let Daniel to take a day off. At the same time, he even told Seongwoo that he wish to see Ji-Ae one day, face to face. Which Seongwoo gladly tells him that he will get his chance one day before they hung up.

*

Ji-Ae was very obedient and quiet through the day. Quietly enjoying her daddy's warmth seeping into her since Seongwoo carries her every where while he do his task at home. Ji-Ae are slightly more chubbier and weight much more now, since she is growing up and is three weeks old. She drank lots of milk and was never picky with the amount she was given.

Generally, she can drank up to three ounces of milk now. Sometimes four ounces, depending on how long she has last drank milk. But she is pretty cranky when she pooped or peed. She would scream at the top of her lung when she pooped even just a little bit.

Seongwoo had already know about this. Her habit of wanting to stay clean, even though a tiny little poop was there. Nope, she would demand them to change her quick. 

The oldest in the family are very patience in handling Ji-Ae, changing her, feed her, dressing her and everything. Not to Daniel. Maybe because he can't handle Ji-Ae properly that he struggles to stay patience when he changed her diapers. He's trying his hard though, so bear with him.

Ji-Ae, darts her eyes all around, while Seongwoo moves about the house. He puts her down inside the baby crib when he needed to make laundry or cooked breakfast for him and Daniel. Then he would scooped Ji-Ae back up and went on to her room. She pooped and so he need to change her before she scream.

Daniel stirs around and moves his hands around at the other side of the bed, like he was searching for some comfort. For something to hug, of course he's searching for his husband but he couldn't find him. So he sat up and crack up one eye open. He is still very sleepy but he decided to wake up.

His hair was sticking out in all direction. Sleepily, he looks around the room. It's already bright with the sunlight shone through the blinds. Then he heard someone talking and he guessed that it must his husband. It was soft, like Seongwoo was whispering.

Daniel moves out of the bed, yawning while he scratch his tummy and walks toward the baby room.

*

He walks inside and found his husband is cradling Ji-Ae in his arm, while he sings a lullaby to put her to sleep. He sat at the cradle chair and rocks them both as he lulls to Ji-Ae softly, her soft black locks, poking her cheeks and nuzzles into her face just to get a sweet gurgles out from her.

She may still be not more than a few weeks old, but Ji-Ae is smart as Seongwoo has observed her. She is about two weeks old now and is growing quite well for a baby girl. Consuming a good amount of milk, behaving quite well and even her weight is an ideal weight for a two weeks old baby. Not malnutrition or too fat. Just perfect. In the next two more weeks, Seongwoo need to bring her for a vaccination and a check with the Paedritician. The one who had took over Ji-Ae after she was born.

A nice middle age lady that love kids so very much that she have about four kids at home. And even from time to time, she gave donations to some orphan kids and even join the special event to help the children around the world that is in need of help.

Seongwoo notices how Ji-Ae's eyes are slowly getting droopy and she is getting sleepy as he kept singing her lullaby that had always works on her when she wants to sleep. You could say, the song is Ji-Ae's favorite lullaby. It puts her to ease whenever Seongwoo or Daniel sang to her that song.

Daniel chose not to disturb them and simply leans by the doorway, admiring his husband and daughter from where he stands. He would want to help him but Daniel still had problems in handling Ji-Ae even when she is two weeks old and bigger now. 

Seongwoo would have nag him everytime he sees his husband holds Ji-Ae in a wrong way. Like for example, he didn't cradle her head properly that her head almost fell out of his arm, when newborn supposedly needed to be cradled properly. By supporting their shoulder, neck and head altogether. 

Once Ji-Ae stops moving and her breath even out, Seongwoo smiles fondly down to his daughter and lean down to give her a kiss on top of her soft hair. "Goodnight baby girl." He stand and gently placed Ji-Ae into her crib, tucking her with the small bolster pillow on both side to make her comfortable, and a small blanket placed over her.

Seongwoo didn't forget to give her pacifier since Ji-Ae tends to dream about ling on something, so he makes sure that her pacifier would always be in when she sleeps. That made her sleeps even more peacefully than without the pacifier.

Seongwoo sighs after he straighten himself, hissing at the slight throbbing pain at his wound site. At that time, Daniel had moves to stand next to him since he heard his husband hissing and slightly wincing at the pain.

The older didn't even flinched when two strong arms suddenly wrapped around his waist and tugging him back gently so that his back is resting against Daniel's hard chest. He sighs at the tender caress that Daniel is giving him over his wound. It's comforting and made him relax.

*

The younger rest his chin on Seongwoo's shoulder, kissing the exposed skin between the neck and the shoulder.

"How is Ji-Ae doing?" he asked, eyes stares down into the small figure sleeping inside the crib. He couldn't hold back his fatherly smile as he watched his daughter sleeping soundly. The ling sound was the only thing that resonate inside the room.

"She's doing fine."

"Did she give you any trouble while I sleep?"

"No. She was such a good girl. Maybe because her papa has been doing a good job in making sure she slept the whole night." Seongwoo smiles, turning his head to face his husband. Exhaustion evidence on Daniel's face and he pity his husband for staying up through the night just to keep Ji-Ae company and making sure she slept well, without any disturbance. And also giving Seongwoo his well deserved sleeps that he has been sacrifing for the sake of Ji-Ae.

Daniel hums against Seongwoo's skin. They stay standing like that while they watch her sleeps until Daniel pulls Seongwoo away. Intertwining their fingers together. He yawn again but the sleepiness was long gone by then.

"Lunch?"

The older smiles, nodding his head as the pair walked out of Ji-Ae's room and went toward the kitchen where Seongwoo has already prepared their lunch earlier on.

*

"I have an appointment today with Dr. Yoo. She wanted to check how the wound looks like. Can you look after Ji-Ae for me while I'm away?" Seongwoo asked while they ate their lunch.

Daniel looked up from his plate to Seongwoo, "Why?"

Seongwoo frowns. What kind of question is that? But before he could ask him back, Daniel could tell so he add on, "I mean, why should you go alone? I can come with you and take Ji-Ae with us."

"I don't want to bring her along. You know how she is around places. Plus, she's still so small and I'm scared that she could get sick. Her next vaccination injection is in two more weeks."

Daniel snorts, "Seongwoo babe. We can't just keep her inside all the time. I know you're afraid of her getting sick, but I assure you she's gonna be fine. At least, we should bring her out and maybe take a stroll around the park while she is still so very small."

Seongwoo wanted to argue about that with his husband, but he stops himself before he could say anything. Daniel is right actually. They can't always keep Ji-Ae in. She need to see the world while she is still growing up. Her eye sight is still not very clear because she still don't really follow any movement made by anything that come across her. But she is slowly reacting to them. Sometimes though. Not always.

"I guess...Yeah, you're right. I'm sorry. I'm just...worried." Seongwoo says, he stops eating and placed his utensils down on the plate. Daniel stops eating too but he moves to sit next to his husband, taking his hand into his own, bringing it up to his lips and gave Seongwoo's knuckle a kiss.

"She will be fine, hyung. It's gonna be a good activity for her. She need some fresh air too. Yeah?"

The older nods, agreeing to his husband and let him be kissed by Daniel at the side of his head.

*

"Your wound looks clean and is healing very well, Seongwoo ssi. It's a good thing. I can't see any signs that the wound is breaking down or opening. But you still need to keep it clean and don't do too much heavy work at home. Please listen to my advise, yes?" Dr. Yoo warn him, although she didn't sound like she was serious about it, but her tone of voice says it all so Seongwoo nods to her and pushed his shirt back down to cover back his exposed tummy.

Daniel helps him off the bed and he went back sitting next to her desk. Dr. Yoo types into her computer on her finding and wrote some inside the notes prepared on top of her desk. A white file tha held in all about Seongwoo history and what he had gone through. Call it a patient's folder.

Once she's done, Dr. Yoo smiles at the couple, her eyes stray down into the stroller where Ji-Ae is looking around the room while is busy ling on her pacifier. She cooed at how adorable Ji-Ae is. Her jet black hair and button nose looks exactly like Seongwoo's while her big round eyes and the plump lips looks exactly like Daniel. She even had the mole right under her right eye, just like Daniel does.

"Oh my. She is very lovely isn't she. What's her name?"

"Ji-Ae. Ong Ji-Ae." Seongwoo answers who also looke back to his daughter, with a fond smile. It goes to same to Daniel.

"A pretty name for such a pretty baby girl."

They chuckle and nods their head in agreement. It is a lovely name. 

"Well then, keep up the good work in making sure she drink, and sleep well. All newborn babies need those to grow healthily. Make sure to take her to the doctor for the vaccines and if she is showing signs of getting sick, quickly take her to the doctor. Never wait for it to get worst, because babies can get seizure if they developed fever." Dr. Yoo advises the two with a lot of useful information which helps them a lot.

After some more advises, she dismisses them and sees them out of the room. Seongwoo and Daniel thanking her and they walked out to make payment and went home.

*

Of course they didn't straight away went home, because Daniel had talked to him about taking a stroll around the park, so the couple did take a stroll with Ji-Ae sleeping. She was fed by the milk Seongwoo had prepared earlier and now she is sleeping. The mini fan was clipped on the stroller's roof and it's facing her way so that she won't get hot while they walked around the park. 

It's not really that hot but the pair has to be careful anyway. 

Daniel pushed the stroller using one hand while his other hand were holding onto Seongwoo's hand, intertwining them as they both walked around the park. Seongwoo leans closer to Daniel, sighing because it was nice. Walking around the park is nice and it feels great to be out from their home.

Sometimes they stops when several people around wanted to see Ji-Ae and tells them how cute she is and even saying their congrats at the pair. Also is because Seongwoo is quite famous. His name and face were published almost in every single business magazines, because of his successful toys being sold out in every toy shop, only after few hours being stocked up.

His puppy plush toy that he recently created was the bomb that it went sky high. Just like when his seal plush was just being introduced to the world. It got sold out in every shop within two hours after they sent them to the toy shops.

How amazing it is to simply be such a successful man just by making a plush toy. Even before Seongwoo took over the company, his father has already proven that to the world, but by a remote control car and mechanical toys. Seongwoo wanted some changes so he made something different and come out with plush toys which was a blast.

He nailed it and his father was so proud of him. Everybody he knows were happy for him. A successful man who is married to such a great man whom he has been in love with for six years. 

*

As they returned home, Ji-Ae had already wakes up and they both took her for a bath. Seongwoo has to leave Daniel on his own and have to trust his husband that he will get Ji-Ae cleaned up while he prepare their dinner.

"Seongwoo!!"

Daniel screams from the bathroom and Seongwoo stops cooking and ran towards the bathroom. He thought something must have happen to Ji-Ae but when he arrived at the bathroom, he gaped.

Ji-Ae was completely fine. She was floating on air or basically because Daniel held him up while he sat inside the bathtub, soaking wet from head to toe. Daniel looks like he wanted to cry but he is holding it back so Seongwoo moves closer and took Ji-Ae from his hand.

Wrapping her with the towel and raised his brow at his husband.

"Are you alright?"

Daniel pouts and stood up from the bathtub. Shaking his head like a dog. "No I'm not, I slipped when I tried to grab the towel to dry Ji-Ae off, and had to turn around so that Ji-Ae wouldn't get hurt."

"Or drown." Seongwoo corrected. His younger husband shots him a puppy eyes with his pouty mouth. "You should be careful, especially you're holding a baby."

"I know. That's why I told you not to leave me alone with Ji-Ae. You know how I can be when I'm handling her. Trouble would always happens. I don't want that. Hnghh." like a child, Daniel stomped his feet around as he try to prove his point but in the most childish way he could muster about to his husband.

Seongwoo sighs, shaking his head. "You can do it, Daniel. If you want to help, you can't expect me to always be there to supervise you on how to bathe a baby or change her diaper and mixed for me her milk. It's been two weeks, love. You can do it."

"Hnghhh..." Daniel keeps pouting. 

If Ji-Ae wasn't in his arm right now, he would have facepalm himself or even flicked Daniel's forehead.

"Alright you big baby. Come help me dress Ji-Ae in her romper. Then mixed for me her formula milk, but show me how you make them then we'll have dinner."

Daniel jutted his lower lips and sigh. He went off to change and join his older husband in changing Ji-Ae and mixing the milk for Ji-Ae. They do it all with each other and until Ji-Ae falls asleep after she was fed with the milk, they moved to the kitchen to eat dinner. And after that they both had a bath together, slightly romantic and steamy when Daniel kisses him deeply and passionately that they almost made out through the entire time they taken a bath together.

 


 

ENJOY! (≧◡≦)

Sorry if this chapter is lame and not cute enough (シ_ _)シ

Next chapter I'll be writing about the back story. Basically the time when Seongwoo found out he is pregnant hihi.

Sorry also that this is not even 5k long but only 3.1k long haha. *running away* C= C= C= C=┌( `ー´)┘

MIANHAE!!! ๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) ᔆᵒʳʳᵞ